House

FOX (ended 2012)

Gislef

House Fan Reviews page 8 of 53

• I really like house I think he is a fun character and makes tv fun

I keep waiting for the next House, though I do miss the old team, I think the staple of the show is House and he's the reason I still watch, Hugh Laurie is an amazing actor and really brings a realism to the show which I love. The medical mysteries are always great and I love trying to see if I can figure them out first, which I never can. Most of the time I don't even know what they are talking about, but it is still a unique show, and the more House I get the happier I am.
  • Great show for men and women!

My husband and I only agree on about 4 or 5 television shows and House our personal favorite. The main character is a bitter, sarcastic, brilliant doctor who diagnoses patients with unusual conditions. He works with a team of doctors, mainly because insulting them and making fun of their ideas helps him to reach his own conclusion about the patient's treatment. I thought the show jumped the shark during the episode arc about House's arrest and the cop who is harassing him, but it got back on track after about 4 or 5 shows. I was also worried changing the supporting cast members (House got a new team of doctors) would also hurt the show, but it remains as brilliant as House himself. A wonderful show! Hugh Laurie is incredible.
  • Interesting case, but I'm getting tired of the character analysis

I love this show and I know that most who will read the following give my review a thumbs down, but I need to get some things off my chest. I've always had a problem with the 13 character. I know that as a rule you need beautiful people on your show, but she is simply not believable. The Cameron character was able to pull off being attractive and convincing as a doctor, but 13 basically looks and dresses like a model reciting lines.

Another thing that I'm getting tired of is the character analysis by whoever is playing armchair psychiatrist that week (usually it's Wilson). Towards the end when Cuddy started with the, "You do this because of X. You don't allow yourself to be happy because of Y. You hate yourself because of Z" which we have already heard about 30 times from Wilson, I felt cheated. Whenever they have a character going off like this, I feel like we are sitting in a writer's meeting listening to one of them thinking out loud about the motives behind House's actions. I feel this type of "dialogue" cheats the audience by spoonfeeding what is in the character's mind rather than figuring it out on our own. When the audience is allowed to figure stuff out on its own it makes us feel smart. When we are told what to think, it shows that the writers are convinced we are dumb.
  • Refreshing show about doctors helping patients with unusual diseases. Dr. House is extremely bitter but always gets the right diagnosis.

Very fascinating. Being a nurse myself I'm used to most of the terminology and find this show quite believable. So refreshing to find a show in this day and age that takes place in a hospital that actually focuses on patients and pathology; rather than on all the nurses ruining the marriages of all the doctors. Hugh Laurie is an excellent actor. To be able to pull off that condescending arrogant personality in the show and seemingly be such a stand up guy in all his interviews. His playing the part of an addict detoxing was impeccable in my opinion, as I have seen this behavior up close and personal during my own career.

I'd have to say that this is one of the greatest dramas on TV for a long, long time. I really like this show and would recommend it to anyone.
  • LOVE THIS SHOW

I love this show, and watch it every time its on. but I dont have the FOX channel so i have to wait for the rerun to come on on USA. which sucks cuz i love this show and watch it all the time. please change the channel that this show air's. I myself am in the medical field and when i watch this show i love it how i can try anf solve the patients illness along with the show. OH I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    PLEASE if anyone can do something about the channel change that would be just wonderful, thank you.
  • Story of a grumpy doctor who is good at diagnosing diseases and his team.

A great show which is very educative. It contains a great cast and a great storyline. The choice of the protagonist is a great one, his name is House (Hugh Laurie). The show has a great storyline and it is also very humorous. The writers do a great job of coming up with different ailments that must not be easy but they do it so well.Every episode we look up for a new complication and always trying to solve the cases is very great one minute you think you have gotten it then the next minute you feel like an idiot. All in all a great show kudos to the cast and crew. A great storyline and definitely a trendsetter.
  • House MD is a show about a medical superstar, Dr. House. He manages to combine his cynicism with personal discovery and poor interpersonal relationships to solve medical riddles and saves life of patients, going outside codes of conduct when necessary.

The sherlock holmes references are apt and make the show much fun. I fancy the way the diagnostic process unwinds and eventually discovers the real problem along with the personal stories of the physicians and patients.

The irony of Dr. House personal health and frequent references to it is also striking, as well as his poor skills at almost anything else.

I have followed many seasons of the show and find many episodes above average, sometimes excellent. I prefer the old pre-fourth season cast though, but has grown to enjoy the new faces. The many reviews and comments about Hugh Laurie himslf and the show are a testament to its quality.
  • A wonderful blend of human emotions and human interaction.

House is my kinda man! I guess because he reminds me of myself ... Don't be afraid to speak your mind, although maybe with a little more tact! All of the characters feed off each others strengths, weaknesses, and emotions. It amazes one how a professional could be soo intelligent and yet so far removed form his piers. Wait a minute. Does House have any piers? Is he some kind of alien? Or is he "for real"? I feel his pain, as I too struggle with dibitating pain. Each time I reach for that Vicodin, I think of House. Just wished I was getting paid to take it like he is!
  • Love it

Casting is perfect, story lines are perfect, originality perfect. the show is just perfect I love love love it!!!!! Nothing else like it and there never will be. I cant wait to tune in each week to see what house will be up to next. My only downfall is when we have to wait weeks and weeks to watch it, put an end to that!!! a week is long enough to go without my dose of house. Please dont make us wait any longer. But I personally love this show its my all time favorite and I pray it doesnt go anywhere for a long time.
  • I love this show!

I love watching House! While it's not my favorite show, I do tune in mostly every time I see that it's on. It's so entertaining to watch, and House just cracks me up every time! The drama is also very good; it's not too cheesey or anything like some other shows. I usually forget who most of the other characters are, though, because I just mostly pay attention to Dr. House.
    Anyway . . . this show is really good. Hugh Laurie is perfect for the role of the title character. He just does and absolutely amazing job!
    Overall, I great show!
  • Give 'em all kudos!

Well done with the award Hugh! Keep up the good work!Which, according to the interview with Katie Jacobs, they will be as Hugh Laurie has signed on for the EIGHTH season according to an interview with her. You can find the interview on House's homepage! I didn't realize he was also an executive producer. I'm sure most of you 'House' fans already knew. I first became a fan of his from his appearance on friends and will continue to be. Of course the rest of the cast keeps up with him and offers their own unique style creating an excellent ensemble. Looking forward to years more offbeat fun! Live long and prosper...er..
  • Man u should watch this serial:)

On start my review i want to ask why did i watch this serial ? First think what i had in my mind is "ah I had a lot of free time so i searching some funny serial with nice opinion and in that moment i saw new episode of house next step was go on tv.com and look at opinions about it. Ther are ok so I decision to start M.D. House". After first episode , first season I think - hmmm really nice , some funny dialogues , nice actors and actress, so next I watched all first season and that I think - Yes It`s that what i want , wonderful serial for evening. After second season I fallen in love in Gregory House :)personally for me he is totally genius in this what he`s doing in this serial. The right person on right place nothing more. Ofcourse I watched third, fourth season and now fifth . My opinion is the same - just brilliant . AT the end i want to say one thing who didnt watch this one of the best comedy/drama serial he really should do this .

Hugh Laurie > respect
  • This show is great. SO Addicting.

House is an amazing show. I caught on a little late like around the end of season 4 but i now have all the seasons on dvd and am currently watching it this season and it is with out a doubt one of the most addicting shows ever(the other being Bones which is equally awesome!) The cases are always awesome and of course House is always entertaining and funny. The House and Wilson friendship is so great to watch and you can never get enough of the witty dialogue between those two. Anyways great show and highly recomend it. Once you start you cant stop.
  • Overall, my boyfriend and I love this show. what we are both curious about is, is there such a doctor? If so, where is he? Literally! Where is he? I love the character he plays and always solves it. And right now, that's what I Need.

If anyone knows such a doctor please reply back. It does not hurt that I tried. Lame in believing television shows, but I am just hoping. I just want the real deal instead of beat around the bush doctors and different medicines. Just get to the point, you know? I do not know what else to put because of the requirements(100 words min). The rest is just a repeat.
  • Cameron present House with a suicidal patient that has been living in chronic pain for three years without a diagnoses. Cameron hopes that this will make House deal with his own pain in a more constructive way. Witch of course he does not.

I like this episode. I handles the subject of pain in a subtle way, without failing to show that living in chronic pain can make you suicidal. It could easily have been over the top, having the patient screaming in agony all the time, but they didnt. House is not changing the way he deals with his pain, even though its worse than ever. But it show us that House IS on a path of changing his world view to "less pessimistic", even in severe pain. Good or bad for the show? Because this episode did have a lighter tone to it, despite the theme of pain. Houses water pipes breaks, and he is blaming everybody else for it. Cuddys house is a mess, when she tries to deal as a working mother. The scenes in House and Cuddys homes created a domestic feel to it, forth shadowing things to come, I presume? Their banter is as fresh as ever, as Cuddy sees that being a working mother means that somethings gotta give. And House is jealous of "Mowgli", and shouts back. But not in a mean way this time. I loved the part were House caresses Cuddys office desk, the mysterious college desk he restored for her in "Let them eat cake". Rumours will have that something romantic or erotic happened on that desk. I hope we will learn what happened soon.

The episode ended on a funny note, House finding out that it was indeed he himself who had destroyd the water pipes, due to his handicap.

Minus - to little Wilson, to much 14, (take away that beard Foreman!) All in all - a smooth episode.
  • quite good for a tv show

why would I say that? because usually a tv show has some up episodes and some downs but this one seemed to stay up with every episode it has. I don't like it just because the characters seem to be sarcastic and throw around some cool funny lines. I enjoy it because the actors know so well to perform their characters and plus the pseudo info they give it's quite interesting. As conclusion this show worth watching because after an awful day at work/school gives you ay huge laugh and makes you realize the world it's not so bad as it seems it might be even worse but you'll never find out :-)
  • This show has a doctor who has some physical complications. Because of those complications he is a very straight forward person. Many people would call him a jerk. However, he is the best doctor in the area.

I think that this is a very funny show. It shows how a jerk of a doctor can still succeed to save patients. I love Hugh Laurie. I think that he was the perfect actor to play this role. The cast is amazing as well as the storyline. It is very easy to get wrapped up in this show. I know that some people may not like the show because of the rudeness of the lead character, but I think that is what helps make this show great. I recommend anyone considering watching this show to give it a shot... it may not be for you, but it is definately worth a watch.
  • An Informative, Entertaining Show.

Who would have thought that a Bus. Ad college student like me would be interested in watching House, MD. My friend who is a Med student recommend the show, but I was having my doubts since I wasn't and still am not interested in the field of Medicine, but this show is great by all means, It's a show definitely worth watching regardless of your field of study. This show has the whole package i think, drama, comedy (Hugh Laurie is hilarious) and suspense. I rate this show an 8 since the hospital exposure each and every episode is pretty dull. But overall, worth watching.
  • 13 and Foreman should NOT go together.

I think Foreman and 13 should not go together because there was no relashonship between then when they started the new season.13 character is one of the best, but i think 13 should solve cases and not be foremans girlfriend. Its just not right that 13 has a disease and foreman and her get together just because of this disease. Its nice that House and Cuddy get together, but for Forman and 13, no. House and Cuddy have a nice relahionship, but if you put 13 and Foraman together who knows what will happen like Cameran and Chase will get back together.
  • I thought this episode was a bit ridiculous. I love this show..but the ending was horrible, because there is no chemistry what so ever between 13 and foreman. So why would you want to hook them up together??!?

The rest of the episode was okay. But I would rather suggest that chase and cameron should come back to join the team, and foreman just goes away somewhere..or atleast have cameron join back into the team!

I think Wilson is going to keep trying to get house and cuddy together and might end up with cuddy. Cos i dont like the idea of house and cuddy together somehow. they dont look like they belong together
  • a show about a doctor who was shot and now deals with massive amounts of pain. Great show.

House is one of my favorite shows. It has a lot of serious problems in a very real enviroment. I wish Dr. House was a real person, althought the acting by Hugh Laurie often makes me belive he is a real person. I often feel bad for House because of his leg but how he overcomes the pain is inspiring to us all. House is the best docter period. He is able to not think about the distractions of every day life to assist his patients. I also enjoy the acting of the secondary characters in the show such as Dr. Wilson with his compassion for people and ability to put up with house and Dr. Cuddy and how house treats her badly. House is one of my favorite shows.
  • The events of a brilliant yet troubled diagnostic medicine practitioner.

The world of medical television shows is given new life by Dr Greg House. The show focuses on Dr House, a socially inept individual and his team of diagnostitions as they face many varied and imaginative cases. As they battle to find the diagnosis and treatment, we are thrust into the personal lives of the characters. It has changed its face throughout the seasons, yet with all the negative comments that have been said about the show, it still manages to captivate the audience. Keep it coming guys and gals, lets hope there will be another one hundred episodes to come.
  • It's LUPUS!

House keeps the storyline interesting with his coarse personality and brunt insensitivity. I was disappointing at first when Chase, Foreman, and Cameron were no longer a team under House but the new cast has so far continued to keep the plot and drama interesting. House continues to make me laugh through his actions as well as shocked. The show is increasingly heightened each season with new medical cases that most would never be able to solve, as well as conflict between each of the characters lives. New drama and relationships have increasingly become more interesting and continue to force you to get your weekly fix.
  • If you're reading this page, then you already know what this show is about. It is still the leader in medical mysteries although Bones is catching up!

I really liked House when it first cam on the air. The story was different and the characters were flawed, most of all House. But it was refreshing to see a character like his and Hugh Laurie continues to deliver event though the supporting cast is not as strong as it was in the past.

Wilson was a good ally for House but I guess he wanted out and the only way to secure a clean break was to end his friendship with House. I will never get tired of watching House banter with Cuddy - Lisa Edelstein is sexy as well as gorgeous and does a great job as House's foil.
  • House, House, House...

House is medical comedy and drama about Dr. Gregory House (hugh laurie). Dr.House may not be your buddy-buddy, make you feel good docter, but he's one of the best. Being part of the best, you don't need manners. House is a fantastic show, you just have to love it... or hate it, depending on your taste in a good show. Nine out of Ten is what I believe House deserves. I'm not saying its the best show ever and you gotta watch it... but if you like a good medical drama with great characters and comedy on the side, you should check it out. There are some downers though, almost every episode is the same. You can tell when they get the right treatment, its the one 15 minutes before the episode is over. Depending on the situation, sometimes the wild goose chase can be a bit boring. Other than that, its an overall great show.
  • House

I love House, it's defintley the most challengning and one of the most important shows on tv.
    It asks important questions on how we live our lives without curiosity about how life around us works, and how we behave around other people. Everybody lies. I will never get tired, and this show keeps on surprising me. And, well.. Hugh Laurie is freaking hot. Pardon my bad English, I'm from Norway and my English is rather sloppy. But, you know.. House rules!
    I love the way the pasients all make an impression on House in different ways, and how even though he says he doesn't care about others, he is able, and more than able, to show affection to others.
  • House is the doctor you never had, or wanted. He is a genius diagnostician, but his bedside manner scores in the negative. Together with his team of hand-picked doc from various specialties solves patients' ailments like CSI labs tracks down a sus

By far one of the best shows on TV. The stories progress so nicely that you don't even have time to wonder how House gets through a week without being sued out of the hospital.
    Between his cutting remarks to hypochondriac clinic patients to brilliant revelations that solve a seemingly impossible case, House always leaves you anxious for the next scene.
    Episodes on the outside should seem formulaic and boring; each one begins with a scene of someone falling ill, the team tries various treatments that don't work, then House has an epiphany that calls on a risky treatment that Dr. Cuddy, his boss, is initially against, but always allows in the end, and always cures the patient. Despite the cookie-cutter writing, each episode still manages to seem fresh and exciting, and never disappoints.

• Best show in the world!!!!!

This show is the best. Amazing actors. Great cast. House is an amazing actor, the show is great, its smart, brilliant, genius, funny, crazy, fabulous, exciting, gets better every episode, exuberent, outstanding, extraordinary, amazing, awe-inspiring, astonishing, prizewinning, sharp, clever, astute, intelligent, bright, intense, fresh, impertinent, impudent, overbold, smart, saucy, sassy,
    wise,terrific, tremendous, wonderful, wondrous, marvelous, marvellous, rattling, glorious, magnificent, splendid, vivid, this show deserves an award.
    This show could last way after our time, it takes a whole different prespective on medical shows. Best show on fox. Best show in the world. Absolutely genius, perfect show. The most exciting show in the world. House and crew are all great, directors and writers are amazing, great storyline, great plot, amazing overview.
3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12