House

The Confession

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Nov 07, 2011 on FOX

• Season 8 finally begins

With Chase and Taub back for the duration of the season the quality of the episode itself went up. The renowned man from the small town community approach was a nice touch. He wants to confess his affair that led to his hospitalization to his wife was noble. But then he confessed all of his sins when he needed a liver transplant. Meanwhile, House plants seeds of doubt in Taub by trying to convince him that the twin baby girls he has aren't in fact his and even goes so far as to start a betting pool with the whole hospital. Chase and Adams appear to have possible chemistry. House begins redecorating the new office with new features such as a TV. This episode explored the nature of truth, as many episodes have before, but what made this one unique was fact that the patient had a tumor that made him make each of his stories bigger than last one leading us to wonder which lies were true to a certain point. He even decided to lie to his wife about the initial truth that he intended to tell in the affair he had. I like that we don't get to find out about Taub's paternity test but this episode made me so darn curious I think it's almost a shame to bring up the question and then not get anything out of it. Park still kinda rubs me the wrong way, but maybe she'll grow on me more as the season goes on. House messing with Foreman by not messing with him was a great also, but the ultimate point of the episode was giving cheers to a new age with the team with a wall that raises to Wilson's office being remotely activated. Wilson's "No" response was perfect and House holding up his martini in cheers was solidified the moment as the funniest bit in House in quite some time.

USA