House

The Mistake

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Nov 29, 2005 on FOX

• This episode was definitely the best of the season so far, and one of the best episodes in general.

There were so many strong sides to this episode that I'm not sure to begin, and I can't think of a single negative aspect. I love the way they retell what happened through flashbacks, and add moments of comedy here and there along the way by altering the flashbacks (like removing the Vicodin). It's also a clever way of giving different versions of what happened.

The plotline itself was really good, focusing on a dead patient and the roles Chase and House played in the events. It felt like the first step to get these two characters to clash and fight out the tension that's been there since Chase ratted on House last season. Their bickering has been getting tiresome, so finally I hope we'll get to see some resolving of the situation. And we also got to see that House still respects Chase and has as much fatherly concern for him as he is able to muster. In his own weird way he supports Chase and sympathises with him regarding his dad.

The episode also gave a quick but believable fix to the situation that arose with Stacy last episode. Instead of several episodes of her being angry with him they began to resolve it in this one, which is a relief.

I have several other thoughts about this episode, but I'm unable to jot them down at the moment. Really, really great episode though! A must-see.