House

The Tyrant

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Oct 05, 2009 on FOX

• Gripping episode, fantastic concept as well. Do the ends always justify the means?

Overall I really liked this episode, James Earl Jones is fantastic. Definitely can see him as a "Mugabe" type. The only thing I have a problem with is Chase's faulty logic. Yes, it seems like a good idea to do away with the dictator whose killing tons of people but as Julius Caesar has taught us, there's always someone else next in line. It's a basic formula for dictatorships, a bad guy might go down but the next guy in line could be even worse. Some people are just corrupt by nature. It's all they've ever known. It wasn't Dibala's decision (ethically) to chose when and how his people died and it wasn't Chases' choice to decide when and how Dibala died. The right thing would've been to expose him for the tyrant that he so blatantly was. And even then there's not much else that can be done. Once a society has become that corrupt there's almost no going back. And even if change were to ensue it wouldn't not happen overnight just like that. Countries fall into dictatorships for a lot of reasons, lack of education for one thing. The less people know the more power the ruler has. Knowledge is the greatest defense. The spiel aside, I thought it was a great concept. I thought the writers took a very well executed risk. No pun intended. And the "phantom limb" bit was absolutely priceless. I also really like the love arch between House and Cuddy for the first time we're exposed to how much he actually cares for her. House really is human under all of that sarcastic "armor". I'm very much enjoying this season and I hope Taub and Thirteen come back and stick around. As much as a like the old team I do enjoy the others as well.