House

Unfaithful

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Feb 16, 2009 on FOX

• House is unconvincingly called to re-examine his faith by an unattractive priest. 13 & Foreman unconvincingly tussle over House's dictum that one of them must split or quit. Everyone ends up with their jobs back.

4.5
    House is not the same. By this point in the season even the most comatose viewers must have noticed. OK, we are thrown the odd bone now and again to remind us of what he once was, but suddenly he is less about the truth and all about the love: Rebuilding the family, giving relationship advice to Foreman and 13, kissing Cuddy and (horrors) empathising with the patients. Have the show's producers got themselves a bunch of "ER" writers on the cheap, or are focus groups now telling them that viewers want to see a more human side to House? If it is the latter, they are wrong. This is not character development. At worst it is wanton vandalism of a unique TV character. At worst it is simply lazy writing which, given the show's recent moments of emotional triteness, feels more likely. If I'd have wanted babies, faith and self-actualization I'd have gone to Oprah.
USA