House

Wilson

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Nov 30, 2009 on FOX

• A day in the life of Wilson, but I'll pass at future glimpses.

Alright, alright. Sure, it was the first time we finally get to see what the heck Wilson does all day. It only took 6 years to show his perspective. Yet, it really isn't all that interesting. He simply treats his patients, gives them chemotherapy/drugs, helps them live a better life, yada, yada, yada. No offense, but the show isn't called Wilson, M.D. I felt really left out of House's patients and Foreman, 13, Jesse were hardly in the picture. Wilson CARES, I get it. He's so nice and giving. Gives his "friend" a lobe of his liver, which I thought was wayyyy too nice to do.

The medicine here was very unrealistic. Twice or three times they treated the patient with radical or invasive techniques, and he was fine in what seemed like hours after the procedures. Apparently a full course of chemotherapy can be applied within a day now? Wilson's fine within a couple of hours of invasive surgery and heads home? I thought that was poorly handled... especially when the science and medicine is usually top-notch. This of course could also be the mistake of the director - I assume each new day at the hospital is actually the next day because it seems to be the exact next day (based on the conversations) and that the scenes are not taking place several days apart.

One thing I do like, is Cuddy and Lucas. I'll say it again, Lucas is one of the few that can play with House and win - and I like that. Lucas vs. House is an interesting scenario that will continue for the rest of the season (a couple of times already I thought Lucas would be gone, but he has remained, which to me is good news).

So that's why this episode gets just a 7. It was a definitely more of a bore than usual. The medical stuff was awry. The only good here was House vs. Wilson and House vs. Lucas-Cuddy. Foreman, 13, Taub were practically absent. This episode has House treat Wilson as a "patient" but nothing's really wrong with him.
OXYGN