How I Met Your Mother

Arrivederci, Fiero

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Feb 26, 2007 on CBS

• Marshall says goodbye to his car

This was great episode to follow up from the last episode. While this show is about how Ted meets his wife, it's nice that every episode has to have some clue how meet his her. It's also good how the producers didn't try to better the previous episode. All the mini stories were entertaining. The best was how Marshall got the car in the first place. I also enjoyed the references in the stories to other past stories. College Ted was funny. ("My parents live in Ohio, I live in the moment.")

The ending where they all tried to push the car was a little corny but also funny. I liked the part where Marshall says about life and his car and life. It was a sweet moment when he said goodbye to his car and the tape of the song (a great one at that) popped out. Another funny scene was when Barney over acted on his hate for the car. Neil Patrick Harris made it work. Overall an enjoyable episode with many great moments.
  • Marshall must say goodbye to his beloved car right before it hits 200,000 miles.

Marshall's Pontiac Fiero breaks down a mile or so short of 200,000. When the gang meet up at the auto repair shop, they relive some of their best (and worst) experiences with the car, including how Marshall acquired it from his brothers, how he and Ted became best friends in the car, why the car stinks, and why Barney hates it. They're all enjoyable stories except for how Robin and Lily spilled Thai food in it. That wasn't so funny. But it's a great episode because some may not realize the relationship a man has with his car and how important any guy's "first car" is in his life. Also, the episode got me hooked on "500 Miles" by The Proclaimers. It's such a great song.
  • The gang tells stories of Marshall's car.

"Arrivederci, Fiero" is a great How I Met Your Mother episode. It's kind of sad how Marshall is exited about hitting 200 00 miles on the odometer and he hits a pothole, just before the 200 000 miles, and he has to bring the car to the shop. I love how everyone shares stories about the Fiero. I love Marshall tells the story of him trying to prove himself worthy to his brothers, so he had to order 12 cups of coffee naked, and he even spilled it on him. I love how after that incident there was the rule of no food or drinks the Fiero. I love when Ted told of the story of Marshall taking Ted's parents house, but then a storm hit them, and they were stuck in the Fiero, and they had to cuddle to stay warm. I love how Lily and Robin reveal that they spilled food in the car. And I love how Barney didn't like the car because Barney was scared to drive it. I give this episode a 9/10.

• An episode dedicated to a car.

The only thing i disliked about this episode is how slow paced it was, they spend all their time in the auto shop, and jsut reminisce about their moments in the car, and in they end, they end up destroying it anyway. I thought this episode was just a tad above average due to the jokes, but the plot itself wasn't so entertaining. We learn that Ted had a girlfriend in college named Karen, who he apparently cared a lot about. The funniest story line was Robin & Lilly sneaking food in to the car, and ending up making a ridiculous story once they spill all of it. Anyways as I said before, they have all these memories, and they end up destroying the car. So that's it, wasn't eventful, had some funny scenes but slow paced.
  • What a great episode! Exactly why i watch the show.

Although i like it more when they do normal episodes compared to flashback episodes like this, i think that this was one of the funniest episodes that have been made. Every story that was told was extremely funny and Marshall was funny as always. The best part was when Marshall told the story of how he first got the Fiero and when after the whole episode of hearing the same song stuck in the cassete player, at the end where it comes straight out was the funniest thing i think ive ever seen. It was such a good episode i could watch it over and over again
  • Marshall is all set to celebrate his beloved Fiero hitting the 200,000 mile mark but it stops.

This episode was so amazing. Every episode is better than the one before. This show is so funny. It was very well written. The writers are very talented and creative. They help make the show perfect. I loved when the guy said that Ted and Marshall were lovers. I really loved the part where Robin and Lily messed up Marshall's Fiero. This episode was so cleverly plotted. I also loved when they tried to push the car and the man said the the back wheels were on blocks and that it wasn't going anywhere. Another great episode to add to the many others.
  • I could not stop laughing!!!! Now '500 miles' will be forever in my memory..

So it's bye-bye to Marshall's car. But not without several hila-wait for it-rious flashbacks of everyone's experiences in the car. Like the time Ted and Marshall became best friends. Or the time that Lily and Robin became best friends. Or the time Barney learned how to drive. This episode was just freakantastic! At every scene I was cracking up so bad! This episode's flashbacks were just a perfect example of why the show is funny, witty and just LEGEN-wait for it-DARY. And all of the stories in the flashbacks are amazing. So goodbye, Marshall's car, arrivederci, Fiero!
  • I could not stop laughing!!!! Now '500 miles' will be forever in my memory..

• After Marshall's beloved Fiero breaks down just short of the two hundred thousand mile mark, the gang reminisce about good times.

This was one of my favorite episodes yet. The storys were classic and every one was dead on with the comedy. Some people have said this was just a filler episode. If only all filler episodes were this great. Lots of interesting tid bits were revealed. The beginning of Ted and Marshall's friendship back in their college dorm. The beginning of Robyn and Lilly's friendship on a quest for some food. Barney's unbelievable ordeal with driving and of course Marshall's inheritance of his Fiero. You will probably watch this over and over. I sure did.
  • This is why we love this show, it's getting better and better.

This show is known for it's use of the flash-backs when it comes to telling stories. What better story is there then the life and adventures of a love one? In this case it's Marshall's car and really, what else can we expect from stories that involve Marshall? He's the most impulsive and over excited person there is!
    The flash-backs took us back to the most important moments that happened in that car: how Marshall got it, how Barney learned to drive, how Ted and Marshall became friends, how Lily and Robin became friends. Those things obviously did not happen ... normaly and everything was was hilarious. One of the best episode that proves again the sitcom is not dead.
  • Barney and the gang reminisce about the good and sometimes unfortunate times that they have had in Marshalls Fiero. We learn about Marshall's no food in the car rule and we also learn how Marshall and Ted became friends after a rocky start.

Excessive flashbacks in a show that is all flashback could have turned out much worse. This episode is funny, I don't think there are any that aren't, but some of the jokes don't fly as well as usual. The incorporation of "The Slap" was great. In most sitcoms they forget about the small stuff but it's nice to see that HIMYM doesn't. The only flashback I didn't like was Robin and Lily's. It just seem forced. Granted I'm not a writer, but I'm sure there could have been a better story involving Robin or Lily. All in all it was a good episode, far better then any other comedy on monday. I like Two and A Half Men, but HIMYM is a far better show.
  • Hilarious!!!!

Now normally, I don't watch anything on Mondays at 8, but every once in a while I will tune into this show.

This episode made me wonder, "Why is it that I don't watch this show every Monday? It's hilarious."

When it first came out, I was only mildly impressed. I had seen better. This episode however was a great start to my Monday night, and was in my opinion the funniest show of the night, even the week.

Know I will be watching "How I Met Your Mother" every Monday. I'm actually upset that I might be forced to miss it this week. This episode won me over.
  • R.I.P. Ferrio

This was just a fun episode but that's all it was, it just didn't do much dramatically. My only problem with the episode was Lily and Robin had very little to do, they didn't really have much of a significant function in this one other than give reason why a certain something happened in the Ferrio. Still this episode was funny in some places and at least gave reason to a few things on what lead to where they are now. In that flashback with Ted and Marchall it was pritty much road trip hell when they had to listen to the same song over and over again it nearly drove them crazy. Finding out how Ted lost the glasses as well as what motivated Marchall to asking Lily to marry him.
    But as usual Barney is a scene stealer as we find out he has never driven in his life, and it's great when Ted is giving Barney driving lesson the guy is a nervous wreck he not just drives very very slowly but it results in a very very slow car accident that's not even an accident.
  • Marshall's car dies just before hitting 200K miles, and the gang recount their memories of the Fiero.

This episode is another great installment of my favorite new comedy. While the setup for the whole episode is this car that us viewers really couldn't care less about, the greatness lies in the memories made in the car.
    Getting to know college freshman Ted & Marshall was beyond classic. This show is the BEST at not taking its characters too seriously. I cannot stand shows like "Friends" that really just strive to have these characters that everyone is supposed to love. Making fun of the flaws and rediculousness of the people we watch every week is part of the greatness that is this show. Seeing how the unlikely best friend pairing of Marshall and Ted is classic.
    The definite highlight of this episode was 16-year old Marshall, the boy who just got the Fiero. Face covered with zits, and a mouth full of metal, who could have thought it would be so funny to watch a naked teen get doused with scolding coffee?
    This is just another example of the variety and fun that this series brings every week.
  • Good episode, but could have been better.

After the Christmas break, I felt the episodes while still being funny, were not living up to my expectations of the show. After "Stuff" aired I hoped that the How I Met Your Mother that I have come to love had returned. "Arrivederci, Fiero" was quite a drop from the previous week’s episode.
    However, I loved hearing The Proclaimers playing throughout the episode, because for me personally it has become a typical song to play when I am driving around with friends.
    The Ted and Marshall flashback was too long. The same information could have been given to us in a much shorter fashion and given the other characters more screen time. Barney had a short story, but that one was perfectly written. Lily and Robin could have used a slightly more interesting story. Even though I know the "Hitching Hiking Waldo" was just made for a quick laugh, I think that if that story had been expanded on it would have been a much better story than what was shown with Lily and Robin.
    This episode is worth taking the time to watch, I just felt it could have been better than it was. I hope the end of the season picks up with Ted leaving the apartment and moving in with Robin.

• The Car-toon network!

the gang moans the loss of the Fiero, their old car that could get them almost everywhere as it dies before it could hit 200,000. the gang all gather at the auto shop to talk about their lost. they recalled the happness the had with the car. One of my favorites Barney learning how to drive. He was drinving at two miules an hour and can't get around a dog in the middle of the parking lot. This is one of the best episodes of the season. I know I've been tough on a few epiosde, but I had to be. After all, I'm a critic.
  • A little disappointing

I think the only real bright spots here were the stories about Robin and Lily's Thai food adventure and Ted teaching Barney how to drive. Once again we see that Robin really enjoys a cigar.
    So what does that mean when the story focus is on Ted and Marshall, mostly Marshall of course, and this is one of the episodes that loses it in laughs.
    Yes the Marshmallow Mullet was worth a giggle also when Ted lost his decorative spectactle, but how many times can a viewer hear the 100 miles song before even they want to turn it off?
    Not the best episode, not the worst just above average.
  • The Fiero is no more.

This episode was probably the funniest How I Met Your Mother I have seen out of the 4-5 I have seen. I miss the opening so I didnt know what was going on but when they had him ordering the coffees I just bursted out in laughter. Then they played I'm Gonna Be(500 Miles) every time theywere in the car that had them singing it everytime. Then Barney's driving scene was hilarious. "Justt press the brakes...in the next 20 minutes. Then when he ran into the bushes he checked his face and hair. The episode was just extremely funny then they tried pushing the car the last .7 miles and just gave up. Great Episode overall.