How I Met Your Mother

As Fast As She Can

Aired Monday 8:00 PM May 11, 2009 on CBS

7.7
  • Ted bumps into Tony and Stella. Tony visits him later in his apartment begging to make up for stealing Stella by helping him find him a job. Meanwhile, Barney tries to smoothtalk his way out of various speeding tickets because everyone else has done it.

I'll start off by saying that I didn't like this episode at all. However, it's not for the reason that the woman who tapped Ted's shoulder wasn't the mother. Obviously the creators are going to have to drag it out and that's what makes it funny. The best part is the story to get to the mother, not the mother herself. However, I did have a major problem with Barney all of a sudden having a car when they made such a big issue of him being terrified of driving in Arrivederci, Fiero. Now he's driving on the highway trying to get speeding tickets? That was a huge mistake to make. Also, in this episode I could see the characters trying to be funny. It didn't come natural at all like in previous episodes and felt like they were trying too hard. Overall, it was a disappointing episode, but hopefully it's the last disappointing episode.