How I Met Your Mother

Bachelor Party

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Apr 09, 2007 on CBS

• This was a very interesting episode and the second in a row that moved the show forward. We see Ted and Marshall's maturity in opting to not have strippers and deciding to eat steak and watch a fight instead. Barney's heart grew 3 sizes in this episode.

This epsisode really showed the flip side of Barney and shed a different light on "The Scorpion & the Toad" episode from earlier in the season. That was the episode where Barney kept stealing Marshall's girls. As much as I like Barney's character, I found myself saying, "what a jerk!!" during that show. Now I'm thinking he was really doing Marshall a huge favor by taking those girls, and it turns out he had a really big impact on him and Lily getting back together. This is one of the only times we've seen any such thoughtful, caring behavior from Barney. It's also interesting to compare Barney's efforts to get Lily and Marshall back together with his efforts to stop Ted and Robin from moving in together from last episode. Maybe Barney has more insight into the other's lives they give him credit for. It seems in a strange way he may know what's best... something to think about.
    Besides that, this epsiode, like the last is finally moving the show forward again. Some of the mid-season episodes weren't bad, but didn't keep up the anticipation the way last season and first half of this season did. I've come to expect that from this show--to eagerly wait for the next installment. That's been missing for a while. I look for some interesting developments in the last few episodes. I can't imagine this show not sticking around for another season.