How I Met Your Mother

Bachelor Party

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Apr 09, 2007 on CBS

• Barney ruins Marshall's bachelor party, and Robin worries over Lily's bridal shower gift.

It's that time. Weeks before the wedding, Marshall announces he doesn't want a stripper at his bachelor party, and Ted plans to his wishes as the guys get tickets for a boxing match and large steaks. I really hated Barney in this episode, why can't he just get over his sick obsession of strippers for one episode just for his best friend? He ruins the entire bachelor party by having a stripper prepared. The stripper then breaks her ankle, and when they return, the smoke machine sparks a small fire, and they're kicked out of the resort. Meanwhile, I thought the Robin and Lily storyline was funny when Robin is pressured by Barney into buying Lily a vibrator. Robin thinks it's an okay idea until she sees most of the guests at Lily's bridal shower are elder relatives. Each scene of that plot was funny, especially the two's telepathic messages and Grandma Lois's explanation of the gift she thought was an antique sewing machine. Barney then gets off the hook a little bit when Lily tells Marshall of how Barney came to San Francisco and talked her into coming back to NYC and getting back together with Marshall.