How I Met Your Mother

Band or DJ?

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Jan 14, 2013 on CBS

• Utter Confetti

i was so impressed with the Barney Robin mid season episode it gave me faith in the show then this episode happened. I am beginning to believe Ted's future wife is not the smartest crayon in the bunch, ted is tvs douchebag he doesn't deserve love or teenage kids that will listen to his 53hour long story this show just can't stop going in circles. maybe it was Robin's flu or whatever but she had no emotion what so ever in this she is usually so crazy. bring back Patrice! i think the saddest news in tv this year was when i found out this show got given another season this show is like listening to some guy who had his glory days in high school and can't stop talking about it. his marriage clearly ended in divorce and now his kids see him on weekends and he makes them suffer for ruining something he clearly ruined last line of the show should be... thats how i met your mother and thats also the reason why she left me...
  • Getting sick of it!

After having 2 good episodes, which did not suck at all, now this again...

why is Robins father so poorly introduced?? And then he has completely changed without a realistic reason.

It is just horrible work of the authors. And I must confess I dont want to see the next season,

curiosity would be the only reason.... and I am sick of it!
  • Hands Up - who has given up on this show and is just watching it for the final episode?

3.5
    So, what did we learn about 1) Mom, 2) Meeting Mom, 3) How he met Mom, 4) Anything in general - Nothing we didn't already know.

That's right, please tell me the same information in an oh so different way.

What has happened to this show? How did it go so stale? Even Barney is now just some

I don't know about you guys, but the trend setting HIMYM is dead. (remember legendary and lemon law) What we have don't know.

Whatever. This show is ripe.
  • "Band or

they'd call a band. and it must be ted's soul mate's band. and then in the other episode Barney must say that "Have you met Ted?"
  • Definitely a classic episode...

Wow, what an episode.

As always, How I Met Your Mother spends an entire episode of misdirection and covering up secrets, and it saves the big moments for the final 5 minutes. But man, those 5 minutes were sure worth the wait.

What a brilliant scene it was -- yes, the one with Lilly and Ted up on that roof. Definitely one of the most heart-breaking and also uplifting scenes in this show's history. The chemistry between Alyson and Josh is just so amusing to watch, you feel like you're up there on that rooftop with them, watching them fight with their inner-selves.

It was beautiful for Lilly to say that she sometimes she wishes she wasn't a mom, therefore helping Ted admit that "Robin shouldn't be with Barney; she should be with me And then he just sits down.

Before that, the flashbacks to every time Ted has gotten "hurt" was also so beautifully-done. This show never fails to disappoint in how creative and original it can be sometimes. Thank you, writers, for such a wonderful show.
  • It had its moments...

So, Robin wants Barney to get her dad's permission to marry her, Ted (surprise surprise) still has feelings for Robin, and Marvin is constipated and cranky. This episode wasn't terrible, but it definitely wasn't great. Ted once again flip flops on his feelings for Robin, which at this point has most HIMYN fans repressing an urge to throw something at the screen. The highlight of the show was easily Ted and Lily's rooftop confessions, and Neil Patrick Harris manages to deliver the one good joke in this episode. Despite the story revolving around Robin and Barney, Robin has very few lines. That may have been because Cobie Smulders appeared to be battling a cold. Interestingly, although the bulk of the episode centered around Robin's father, very few reviewers have mentioned it much.

The scenes with Robin's dad were confusing at best. The writers couldn't seem to decide on what personality they wanted to give the dad. He has apparently accepted that Robin is a girl, and even embraces it, without explanation. He claims to be "fun" but is still just as tough as before, and about halfway through the episode the writers start turning him into a manlier version of Lily's dad. Meaning, he is so wrapped up in enjoying his own life he doesn't notice how unhappy his daughter is.

Finally, we learn something big about the mother. The new information is in fact so big that it calls into question just how much is left to reveal in the series finale. However, with eight seasons come and gone I'm sure the writers will be pulling all the stops for when Ted finally finds "the one".
  • Kinda liked it, kinda hated it.

I'm stuck halfway between really liking this episode and really hating it. I mean are we seriously back to the whole Ted and Robin thing? Really? It's just far too repetitive t o be considered interesting any more.

But there were good elements to the episode for sure, mainly with Robin's dad being seen and some interesting interactiosn there.

I don't really know what more should be said. Half good, half bad.
  • Confetti!

Holy feebas, this episode was huge! Every reason I started watching this show is back in action in this week. The code words, the emotional connection, the friendships, the rivalries, the Tedness. The mid-season finale wasn't just a fluke in season 8; they really seem to have found their stride again and are rocking it. They've confirmed Robin and Barney's wedding AND given us a date for meeting the mother. It's all coming together and if it keeps this tone, it's going to be a great ride.
  • They did it! HIMYM is for sure back!

This episode had everything. It was packed with laughs and tears, and it made grow the audience's interest in Ted's love life as it tied the plots into one: Ted meets the mother at Barney and Robin's wedding. Isn't it fantastic? I really like when things like this happen. Of course the show ended up messing up a bit, but it's now back on track and ready to rock this season's second half. Also in this episode, Lily confessed everything that surely had been on her mind for quite some time, and I expect to see a lot more of that in the next few episodes. I believe she can and should change her life and get back to her art at the same time she awesomely takes care of Marvin. Speaking of Marvin, this is the first episode he gets a fun "baby-plotline" since the crawling thing was boring. The final scene, with him "confettying" over Marshal was hilarious. Last but not least, this episode Barney had to face-off with Robin's dad, who changed a lot since the last time we saw him. After a lot of bumps in the road, Robin's father ended up agreeing in doing what she wanted all along Barney became jet-black-haired this episode, yeah, Ted's wrong: he really loves her).
  • Good so Far

I have been a fan of HIMYM since 2005 when season one came out. I was greatly disappointed with Season 7, except for the last episode, and the beginning of season 8. However in the past few episodes the old charm of HIMYM is coming back. Now that Robin and Barney are engaged, the merry-go-round of random relationships we know won't work have slowed down... "the autumn of break-ups"? Come on... However, this episode, while it may not have been a series best, was funny and brought the old chemistry of the gang back together. The rooftop scene between Ted and Lily was emotional. Robin's dad wasn't very consistent, which took away from that portion of the episode. However, I believe HIMYM is moving in the right direction and now that all the characters have signed on for season 9, renewal is a high possibility. I hope they keep this up!
  • Band or DJ?

I thought TBBT was back with a bang turns out How i Met your mother's Bang is much better. The episode was funny had emotions and gave us another glimpse of the Mother overall HIMYM is back, and how funny was the baby peeing on marshall it got me to laugh hard because they changes pee with confetti im laughing just thinking about it. Lily became more likable in this episode because she was honest and she is a good mom for stopping herself from leaving some parents can't do that when it comes to their dreams.