How I Met Your Mother

Big Days

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Sep 20, 2010 on CBS

7.8
  • So he met his wife at a wedding for which he was best man, question answered and guess what I don't care any more.

Cheesy, unrealistic and just downright stupid are words that I would never have used to descirbe the early episodes. Scratch that, maybe cheesy sometimes but a sweet kind of cheesy that kept you watching. Nowadays the only reason I watch the odd episode is for some kind of closure about the main point of the series.

There are 2 ways of looking at this show, either the whole point of the series doesn't matter to you or it does. The former means that you actually care about these characters the latter means that you have followed the story from the start and just want to find out how he met his wife. I started off liking the characters, even Ted I found charming for his ridiculous naivety, Barney was funny and then again Marshall and Lily were sweet in their way. But ultimately I still wanted to find out the answer, now I am just left with a minor wish to see what happened. I probably should just give up but the memory of how much I liked the early series keeps me coming back......