A How I Met Your Mother Community
CBS (ended 2014)
http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2013/08/how-i-met-your-mother-creator-carter-bays-hints-at-a-possible-season-10.html

Co-Creator Carter Bays hints that Season 9 may not be the last we see of How I Met Your Mother, despite CBS claiming it's the Final Season.
30 Comments
Comments (29)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Everyone loves your guys show why don't you just make more sea

Flag
I have watch 9 seasons in two weeks non stop I love this show so does a few million other people with that ending I cry every time I think about that ending but you guys really need to make a new season about robin and Ted getting married and Marshal and lily have a great time together and they all end up at the bar together and see Barney is picking up girls the usual please make season 10 everybody loves this show thank you for making this show in the first place guys now try and make us happy by making another season
Flag
Yesssssss god plssss strt the season 10...... Requesting more than ever... Die hard fan of the shw.. Heart breaks if its no
Flag
I totaly Love Marshall for Talking care off Lilly that Much and Ted fore beeing so nice to womans and for the way barney changera his life for Robin and for Lillys sweetness and kindness this charaders is like a big part off My life If this ends a part off me does
Flag
I hope to come with more How I Met Your Mother, it is quite simply too interesting / funny and heartbreaking. It can make me so sad, but still so happy. I hope never it stops.
Flag
Make a season 10!!!!!! I was in love with how I met your mother but that ending in season 9 was terrible .. They only showed the mom meeting Robyn marshal and Lily barely showed her with ted and then she dies really ? Then ted and Robyn gets back together that's so terrible because Robyn isn't even the mom. Robyn belongs to barney she just goes back and forth with him and ted ! Plus season 9 was all about barneys and Robyn's wedding but 3 years after they get a divorce all that for nothing! That just made me hate how I met your mother. So guys please make a season 10 and fix it up
Flag
They should keep making more seasons. i want to know what happens. they cant end it like that. Tv is my life when they end things like that it makes me sad 😢i need MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Flag
I just can't take it easy that "How I Met Your Mother" has ended, I hope they never made it end, just kept going :'(
Flag
I feel like there should be a season 10. Because your giving what the fans want and season 9 shouldn't have ended that way with thoughts still in your head as of what would have happen with Ted and Robin. Or Barney and his daughter. And trying to figure out who Barney got pregnant. And what Marshall and Lily's third baby looks like and the name. To many gaps to fill. Please bring back a couple more seasons!!!!!
Flag
I would only watch a 10th season if we got more screen time for the mother and the entire cast came back, i want to see the relationship for the first year and how the gang is coping with a 2 married couples and ted in a legit serious relationship. But i think 9 seasons is enough and doesnt need to drag out especially with most of our lingering questions answered (minus the pineapple incident UGH) in this final season. HIMYM is the greateast sitcom of the 00s no need to sully its name by trying to extend it
Flag
plus you can tell the show is showing signs that it run was coming to an end. The later seasons arent as critically acclaimed as the first with. the penultimate season 8 was drawn out and the final season takes place over one weekend
Flag
Guess the spin off is supposed to be the continuation. Maybe some HIMYM characters will make guest appearances further down the line if How I met Your Dad can actually find an audience and survive. I'm on the fence at this point but I'll definitely check it out
Flag
For me season 8 was a bit tooo long, and season 9, the wedding should had been done already(too many chapters of the wedding for my taste it´s stalled the story too much) and the story how Ted meet the mother, a litte dating before they become serious and to get to the point where he is telling the story to his kids like flashbacks.
I truly hope this season starts to pick up som speed in the near future.
Beside that, the show in general is excelent.

Flag
NOOO
Flag
Well,I would hate to see my favorite show get dragged out more than it already has been, but I know I would LOVE to see a "How I Met Your Father". I think that would be worth watching. I can picture it now- the Mom, would recall her events up until meeting Ted and the gang. But I wouldn't expect them to make that show extremely drawn out . I would rather prefer the creators have her "flashbacks" at least start around 2009 or so... and then end in 2013 with the wedding.
Flag
Considering the should could/should have ended at season 8 I really hope not.
Flag
Hell, why not stretch every minute of the last hour before he meets into 22 half hour episodes?

(theme music rolls)
Barney: Iiiiiiiittttttsssssssssssss gonnaaaaaaa beeeeee
Robin: Waaaaaaaaait fooooooooor ittttttttttttttttttttttt?
Barney: Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep. Legendarrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyy. Tiiiiiiiiiimeeeeee toooooooooooo suiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit upppppppppppppppp!
Robin: IIIIIIIIIIIIIIII liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiikeeeeeeeeeee scoooooooooooootttttttccccchhhhhh.
(roll end credits)
Flag
If the actors aren't there to work on it, there won't be anything. Jason Segal and Colbie Smulders have had moderate to much success aside from HIMYM, and they may not want to stay.
Flag
I can't imagine Segel staying and you really can't split up Marshall and Lily.
Flag
Thank God for that! For once I am happy that some of the actors of a show I watch has already started moving on.

This show should have ended years ago, or last year, the idea that there might be another season.... Just no.
Flag
I couldn't agree more. I just want the shows to really cover the mom and Ted...
Flag
No, it wouldn't make sense, espeically since we know they are together in the future.
Flag
It's been billed as the final season for months. Several of the actors have signed on to other projects. I know Marshall and Lily probably will go to Rome so that would be a good way to send them off, but it wouldn't be the same. It'd be like Supernatural: Eric Kripke wanted to show to last 5 seasons, ending with a final battle against Lucifer himself, he got his wish and everything was tied up in a nice, neat little bow... and the show got renewed, resulting in a bunch of last minute changes to the original story and an absolute mess that was the encore season 6, because the writers had NO idea what to do with the characters. That would be the same problem with HIMYM: The Mother's been introduced. She's extremely likable and the flash forwards show that she truly is the perfect woman for Ted. The season is supposed to set up Ted meeting the Mother, and end with the two of them on that train platform. The show is called "How I Met Your Mother," not "How I Married Your Mother."
Flag
That concept (that the show has to end once they meet) is what ruined a perfectly good series. Because of it, they stretched out the meet way too long. We've seen Ted screw up relationships with various promising women with story arcs that took up substantial portions of a season and now we're supposed to be satisfied with him meeting her and being told that everything works out? In truth, the courtship is a lot more interesting that the meet; the catchy title has constrained the show in many ways, including this disaster of a last season.
Flag
i totally second that. the courtship is definitely more interestig than the meet, and ted really screwed up. to see him make the best of this, to see how the mom will be perfect for him and how well they get along, that's what ive been waiting to watch.

no one just wants to know how they met, we wanna know how he knew she was the mother.
Flag
Ditto. There's enough time to have a good exposition of the meeting and courtship and then end it on a high before everyone gets a pain in the face looking at it
Flag
Sometimes it's best to go out with a "Bang!" than end with a "meh".
Flag
Oh enough stretching already, end the show while there is some life in it.
Flag
please no. i like this show but it needs to end.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members
  • 8:00 pm
    People's List
    NEW
    ABC
  • 9:00 pm
    20/20: In an Instant Murder in the Maternity Ward
    NEW
    ABC