A How I Met Your Mother Community
CBS (ended 2014)

This might be seen as controversial, but I still like How I Met Your Mother. The addition of Cristin Milioti's Mother this season has been a breath of fresh air, which is why I'll be sad to see the show go when it suits up one last time for its just-announced one-hour series finale on March 31, 2014 at 8pm. Sure, How I Met Your Mother has had its ups and downs over the years, and it really is time to say goodbye to Ted and the gang, but Neil Patrick Harris is a national treasure, and March just seems too early, you know? 

But there are new shows to be launched, so March it is. Immediately following the finale, CBS will air a special preview of its new comedy Friends With Better Lives at 9pm. The show stars James Van Der Beek and Kevin Connolly as part of a group of friends who all think the others have it better. Who do these new friends think they are though? Are they better than Marshall? Doubtful. 

Starting on April 7, Friends With Better Lives will slide into its regular time slot of 8:30pm. And then on April 14, 2 Broke Girls will try to ruin our happy memories of all the fun times we had at MacLaren's, when the financially strapped ladies move into the the earlier 8pm shift. 

Here's how it all shakes out, straight from the network press release: 

Monday, March 31

8:00-9:00 PM                          HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER (One-Hour Series Finale)

9:00-9:30 PM                          FRIENDS WITH BETTER LIVES (Special Premiere)

9:30-10:00 PM                        MOM

10:00-11:00 PM                      INTELLIGENCE

Monday, April 7

8:00-8:30 PM                          THE BIG BANG THEORY (R)

8:30-9:00 PM                          FRIENDS WITH BETTER LIVES (Time Period Premiere)

9:00 PM to conclusion           NCAA MEN’S BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIP

Mondays, Effective April 14

8:00-8:30 PM                          2 BROKE GIRLS (New Time Period)

8:30-9:00 PM                          FRIENDS WITH BETTER LIVES

9:00-9:30 PM                          MIKE & MOLLY

9:30-10:00 PM                        MOM

10:00-11:00 PM                      INTELLIGENCE

Will you be sad to see HIMYM sign off for good? Is the world ready for a CBS Monday-night comedy block that's led by cupcakes and racist jokes? 

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 3/31/2014

Season 9 : Episode 24

67 Comments