A How I Met Your Mother Community
CBS (ended 2014)

I'm sorry. I apologize for everything. I don't know what I did, or how I did it, but I've angered some ancient deity somewhere, and now we're being forced to endure the real possibility of a How I Met Your Mother spin-off. 

CBS has given the project a pilot production commitment, which is still being referred to as How I Met Your Dad, because the network CBS isn't very creative with its show titles these days. HIMYM's co-creators, Craig Thomas and Carter Bays, are writing and executive-producing, along with Up All Night creator Emily Spivey. As previously announced, the show would be told from a female point-of-view, with a new group of friends presumably gathering around to hear a really long story about how some lady met her husband. 

As someone who's still watching and enjoying the ninth and final season of HIMYM, I think this is a terrible idea, because I also think many of my eight million fellow viewers are only still watching out of loyalty. HIMYM isn't a bad show, but it's not what it used to be, and I'm afraid CBS will find that the series' viewership won't stick around for a spin-off, especially one with all new characters. 

What do you think? Is CBS making a mistake ordering a HIMYM spin-off?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 3/31/2014

Season 9 : Episode 24

228 Comments
Follow this Show
Members