A How I Met Your Mother Community
CBS (ended 2014) (Returning dvd)

BEST JOKE ALL SEASON! 

Hahaha. This is a good one, guys. CBS is developing a female-centric spin-off of How I Met Your Mother that's tentatively titled How I Met Your Father. It would follow a new group of friends who viewers would meet in the series finale and tell the story of yes, you guessed it, how some woman met the father of her children. I still enjoy the original series, even if it isn't as good as it used to be, so please allow me to showcase how I feel about this news with the help of HIMYM .GIFs:

[Deadline]

BUSINESS TIME

... Adult Swim has ordered a third series from comedy duo Tim Heidecker and Eric Wareheim, a.k.a. Tim & Eric. The new series, Tim and Eric's Bedtime Stories, is a quarter-hour dark comedy featuring episodes that dive into fantasy and the unknown. And just like Tim & Eric Awesome Show, Great Job!, Bedtime Stories will feature celebrity guest stars. The series begins production in February, but a half-hour Halloween special written by Heidecker, Wareheim, and Zach Galifinakis and titled Tim & Eric’s Bedtime Stories: Haunted House airs tomorrow night at midnight. [Adult Swim via press release]

... Broadchurch is already being adapted for American television with David Tennant in the lead role once again, but now it's also getting the book treatment. The novel is being written by series creator Chris Chibnall and British psychological thriller author Erin Kelly and I think it's telling the same story? I don't know about you guys, but I watch TV so I don't have to read. J/K reading is fun, stay in school, don't do drugs, etc. [The Telegraph]

... Ed Burns is writing, producing, directing, and starring in (OMG I am tired) a new pilot for TNT called Public Morals. The project is based in New York City in 1967 and Burns will play a cop in the Public Morals Division of the NYPD. Please don't ask how many times I've had to double check that I didn't make any typos in this brief; it's all true and correct as far as I can tell. [EW]

... Bret McKenzie, a.k.a. one half of Flight of the Conchords, is working with Fox to develop an animated comedy. Set at NASA, the project is an as-yet-untitled workplace comedy that "follows the exploits of a group of employees toiling away at an almost-obsolete NASA space center in Boulder, Colorado." [TV Guide]

... TBS is jumping on the "watch-our-new-series-early" bandwagon and giving viewers the opportunity to preview its new Bill Lawrence comedy Ground Floor one week before the show's premiere. Starting Thursday, November 7, the pilot will be available on TBS's website and mobile apps. The series stars Pitch Perfect's Skylar Astin as a a young, hotshot banker who has a one-night stand with a woman only to find out she works in maintenance in his office building. Briga Heelan (Cougar Town) and John C. McGinley (Scrubs) also star. [TBS via press release]

... Man, ABC Family really wants to be considered a serious network, huh? That's all I can glean from the fact that it's developing an adaptation of The Hand That Rocks the Cradle. Based on the 1992 film, the series will tell the story of a young, attractive nanny who terrorizes a suburban family from the inside (because everyone knows that unattractive nannies are all very nice people) . [THR]

... Lemme get this straight: Shannen Doherty, Alyssa Milano, and Rose McGowan are all, "OH NO YOU DIDN'T" in response to the news of a possible Charmed reboot, but Doherty and Milano are both open to doing a Charmed movie? #greedy [Digital Spy]

... We somehow missed this news last week and OMG I AM SO SORRY because NBC is developing a series about an angel who works as a private detective, can read minds, turn himself invisible, AND talk to animals. Here's your Emmy, NBC! [Deadline]

... Vince is doing the movie! And so is everyone else, because yes that's right folks, the Entourage movie is finallllllly a go! [EW]

.. WE tv, which is primarily known for its lady-friendly reality programming, is getting serious about moving toward lady-friendly scripted programming. The network has hired someone to head its new scripted division and everything! Good first step, guys. [Variety]

... NBC, People, and Dick Clark Productions have announced a two-hour special called the People Magazine Awards, which is due to air in late 2014. By my calculations, that gives us all about a year to live. [NBC via press release]

CASTING NEWS

... Ron Burgundy will appear on Conan on Thursday, November 21 to promote his new book Let Me Off at the Top!: My Classy Life and Other Musings (out November 18) as well as his new film, Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues, which premieres December 20[TBS via press release]

... Carrie Fisher is guest-starring on Season 2 of Legit. She'll play Angela Greenberg, one of Hollywood’s top comedy-development execs who wants to work with Jim, but who also has ulterior motives. [TV Line]

... Criminal Minds has booked Royal Pains star Paulo Costanzo for a guest appearance. He'll play Shane Wyeth, an old friend of Garcia's (Kirsten Vangsness), in the season's twelfth episode. [THR]

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 3/31/2014

Season 9 : Episode 24

117 Comments