A How I Met Your Mother Community
CBS (ended 2014)

DO YOU HEAR THE PEOPLE SING?

... Rob Thomas, the creator of Veronica Mars and the man responsible for making Kickstarter a hot-button issue (but with good reason!), is now bringing a present-day version of Les Misérables to television. Whuck? Yeah, I know, but just hear me out. The project, which has landed at Fox, revolves around a lawyer who runs an exoneration program, all the while fighting to evade the consequences of his own wrongful conviction from a long time ago. He is, of course, constantly trying to remain one step ahead of a US Attorney who just refuses to let anything go. Now let's play cast the pilot! Michael Muhney as the lawyer! Ken Marino as the US Attorney! Ryan Hansen as ... anyone, I don't really care! And of course, it goes without saying that Amanda Seyfried pretty much has to be in this, right? [Deadline Hollywood]

BUSINESS TIME

... Alyson Hannigan once turned down J.J. Abrams. I don't really think there's anything more to say other than WTF? Who turns down J.J. Abrams? [EW]

... If you're sitting at home right now wondering what the hell you're going to do during the upcoming Labor Day weekend, you might want to consider MTV Jams' three-day Yo! MTV Raps marathon, which will feature 100 of the most-played music videos from the 1988-1995 era. You might also want to consider these things: eating a lot of hamburgers, watching college football, and drinking some beers. [The Wrap]

... If that's not really your style and you still don't have any plans for Labor Day Weekend, you can always—provided you don't have Time Warner—marathon Showtime's current seasons of Ray Donovan and Dexter. The Ray Donovan marathon will air September 1 starting at 1pm, while you can catch up on the final season of Dexter September 2 at 1pm on Showtime 2. [Showtime via press release]

... NBC has purchased a new comedy project about a bowling league from Krysten Ritter, Liz Vassey, and Aaron Kaplan. The project centers around a group of friends who have a Wednesday-night bowling league, but after two of the members break up, neither wants to give up the league. The dude should quit and head over to Breckin Meyer's Thursday night dudes only dinner; it sounds like more fun. [Deadline Hollywood]

CASTING NEWS

... Back in July it was announced that Ellie Kemper would be guest-starring in Season 9 of How I Met Your Mother, but Kemper has since had to pull out due to a scheduling conflict. But before you go and get all sad, don't. Because Anna Camp has graciously volunteered to take her spot as Cassie, one of the most attractive (duh) guests at Robin and Barney's wedding. [TV Line]

... Casting for CSI's 300th episode is heating up. On the heels of the news that Marg Helgenberger is returning, is the announcement that One Tree Hill alum Bethany Joy Lenz will be guest-starring in the milestone episode. Lenz will play a "sexy, seemingly normal-looking mother of two." Hmmm, where have I seen a character like that before? Oh right. [TV Line]

... Casting for Ron Moore's new series Outlander is also making headway. Stephen Walters (Layer Cake) and Annette Badland (Doctor Who) have each booked recurring roles on the series, adapted from the book series of the same name by Diana Gabaldon. Walters will play Angus Mhor, who drinks heavily and is always ready for a fight. Badland will play Mrs. Fitzgibbons, an intelligent woman who holds Castle Leoch together. [TV Guide]

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 3/31/2014

Season 9 : Episode 24

Follow this Show
Members
  • 9:00 pm
    Dateline NBC
    NEW
    NBC
  • 10:00 pm
    20/20
    NEW