A How I Met Your Mother Community
CBS (ended 2014)
staff
General Show Discussion
Discuss the show: How I Met Your Mother

Join in on the How I Met Your Mother general show discussion.

Discussion
Apr 03, 2014
How I Met Your Stepmother (Discussion)

For some reason, I already knew the mother was dead, not because I actually remember the episode, but because the way Ted told the story it always hinted towards something that was over. No father I know would be as cruel as to tell his kids the story of why did he divorce their mother, so at the back of my head I was enthralled by the story of a man that had already bury the mother of his children.

Then again, I always wanted Ted to end up with Robin, but I thought it was impossible after the final season spent so much time with them either meeting or getting married to their respective spouses. This was their happy ending, their one true love, the better-half that finally completed them...in any other show but HIMYM.

To me, this ending was about two people growing old together, not with ...Read more
Discussion
Apr 03, 2014
What the How I Met Your Mother Finale Did Well
So the preponderance of threads and discussions are full of the jilted masses who are mad at the show about how they chose to end the series. I thought that for balance there should be a place for those who do not have negative feelings toward the finale to talk about what they liked about it!!

Some things that I thought were done well.

1. We got to see the gang through the years. Yeah they didn't cover every little detail of those years but enough to give us the jist.

2. Barney didn't entirely revert and we still got to see him grow. A lot of the past couple seasons have been watching Barney grow into someone who cared for other people. And while he did backslide a little after his divorce with Robin the birth of his daughter showed us the person we all hoped Barney ...Read more
Discussion
Apr 01, 2014
HIMYM: If You Would Have a Chance to Rewrite Season 9 and the Finale...

I started watching HIMYM last year when I bought the first two seasons on a discount. Because I was going to get a surgery and had to lay in bed for two weeks, I needed something to watch, besides my regular shows. I fell in love with the show within the first episode and in the next few weeks I bought all other seasons and re-watched them like 7 times within a year. (Awesome is now my favorite word and I nearly use it with everything)

So like most fans, I started fresh on season 9 and like most fans ...Read more
Discussion
Mar 13, 2014
Daisy in Season 7?
Just watched 'Trilogy Time' and was wondering, is that Daisy in Ted's arms towards the end?

The scenes from 915 (Unpause) show Ted with Penny in 2017 getting into the cab with the Mother.

The baby Ted is holding in Trilogy Time is in 2015 (show says 'For Real') and too much time will have passed for 2017 baby to have been the same one?
Discussion
Jan 20, 2014
Should the show have been about Barney instead of Ted?
Don't get me wrong I love Ted as a character and liked his character development. This post isn't about me disliking Ted over Barney. It's a question I've been wondering about lately. The last few years of the show it's been pretty obvious that Barney has been main the focus. Promos have Barney in them along with Robin and not Ted. Arguably the Barney/Robin relationship is more of what is drawing wider audience in than Ted's relationships and now we have Barney/Robin centric seasons that ends in their wedding, while the mother, the woman that the story has been building up to is having all her important moments with Ted being glimpsed at in flash forwards, until their eventually meeting this season.

The show justified the focus on Barney in the last few seasons by having Barney's development into wanting marriage ...Read more
staff
staff
Follow this Show
Members
Episode 24 Season 9
Last Forever Part Two
Aired
Episode 23 Season 9
Last Forever
Aired
Episode 23 Season 9
Last Forever Part One
Aired
Episode 22 Season 9
The End of The Aisle
Aired
Episode 21 Season 9
Gary Blauman
Aired

How I Met Your Mother is a comedy about Ted (Josh Radnor) and how he fell in love. It all starts when Ted's best friend, Marshall (Jason Segel), drops the bombshell that he's going to propose to his long-time girlfriend, Lily (Alyson Hannigan), a kindergarten teacher. At that moment, Ted realizes that he had better get a move on if he too hopes to find true love. Helping him in his quest is Barney (Neil Patrick Harris), a friend with endless, sometimes outrageous opinions, a penchant for suits and a foolproof way to meet women. When Ted meets Robin (Cobie Smulders), he's sure it's love at first sight, but destiny may have something else in store. The series is narrated through flashbacks from the future, voiced by Bob Saget. The theme song is "Hey Beautiful" by The Solids.

moreless