How I Met Your Mother

Disaster Averted

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Nov 07, 2011 on CBS

• What an ending!

Really funny episode! I LOVED survivalist Ted and super nervous Marshall getting attacked by a bear. All the parents calling to check up on their grown children (Including Barney's and Robin's) was sweet and the storytelling premise was well done. I loved how Kevin exposed Barney's reason for being desperate to get rid of the tie and how sweet it was that he wanted to impress Nora's parents. This really shows how far Barney has come as a character growing up since dating Robin and Nora, meeting his dad etc. The slap bet thing was also a nice touch (although I felt really bad for poor Barney getting hit like that). But the BEST thing was the ending! The kiss between Robin and Barney (although super controversial because they were both cheating) was passionate and so well delivered! Plus it was my dream come true because those two have AMAZING chemistry and I know I will cry if they don't end up together.
  • Not the perfect episode, but not too far off, either!

There were many great moments in this episode, most notably the scene with everyone 'staying' and 'going' based on who else was staying and going. That scene was hilarious, and I was laughing hard!

Meanwhile, the storyline was quite interesting, and the end of the episode was great and suspenseful, and I'm looking forwward to a resolution next week! Should be interesting!

Marshalls' paranoai about bears attacking him is a little random, but still quite funny!

Can't wait for the episoed next week and I am looking forward to it!!!
  • FINALLY!!!

I am so glad that How I Met Your Mother finally seemed to get back to the storytellig that it does well. I still wish that there had been a CLUE as to the mother, again, but I will get off that dead horse and stop beating it.

Barney's hatred of the ducky tie is laughable in the first place, he loves to look so good all the time, and to play on that is brilliant. I love it. The slap agreement made me so happy that there will be at least 2 more Slapsgivings, or a couple more slaps... that is so wonderful. I remember the 5 slap bet, and the first Slapsgiving, and the second, and the Barney one man show where he got slapped, it was all so hilarious, just like the 2 Marshall tagged him with leaving Barney terrified of more, just like before. I love it.

I actually really like the addition of Kevin to the cast, recurring basis or no, even though it started a little icky. I like that he figured out the motivation between the compromise for the ducky tie, and that he led the group in the storytelling of Hurricane Irene (which Hurricane Errikson, not a good name for a baby, but if she is a girl, how about Irene?)

However, I think that if he is so insightful, it might be hard for him to not see that Robin is still so crazy about Barney. Maybe they do a good job of hiding it, but I think it would be pretty obvious to someone so insightful.

BUT, the KISS!!! I think Barney just assumed that Robin wasn't into him any more, or just hasn't come to terms with everything, but it would be so excellent if she is really the one. I love that they smooched (although it stinks that they each have other people in their lives) and I can't wait to see the repercussions of the kiss. Which of them ends it with their significant other? Which one has a hard time keeping the secret? Which one plays it off like it wasn't a big deal, and which one finally tells the other how they really feel?

• Most romantic screen kiss!

Loved this episode, it's just so cool how this show manages to do a zillion flashbacks every time and never gets confusing.

But for that kiss... I'm a sucker for romance as it is, but this topped the bill, big time! Especially since I didn't see it coming, well done Neil and Coby,they have this amazing chemistry on screen. Ok, so not fair on Kevin and Nora, but hey, they were going to be temporary characters anyway.

• Just loved this episode.

This season had begun really well with keeping us in suspense about the bride and Victoria's statement about Ted, Barney & Robin, although somewhere in between it was losing its way, with episodes like "field trip" and "slutty pumpkin".
    But bang its back with with this stormy episode about how Robin and Barney feel about each other. I so hope that Robin is the bride..
    Also the fact that Marshall will get an extra slap, is really cool (always loved the slapsgiving episodes)..
    Really cant way to see what happens in the next episode n just hope it continues to keep in pace with this awesome season.

• How I met your mother is awesome again and all those fans out there who lost faith in the series should be ashamed of themselves. The 4th to 8th episodes were something like a dry spell but the show is back on track.

The seventh season started off hilariously and the third episode, in particular was so awesome that i still remember me and my friends laughing out loud the whole time. I would rate this episode as one of the top ten best episodes of the series. We have always been huge fans of HIMYM but we were starting to get a little worried since the fourth episode.I cant believe they would ruin the slutty pumpkin episode. It could have been so much better with its premise, but alas. I hate to say this but the writing was mediocre and each new episode was generating fewer laughs than the previous one. I was very angry with the writers and the director for wasting such a fantastic cast and digressing from the plot.

I never really lost hope and I knew it was only a matter of time before the show was back on track. Bang. The ninth episode truly lived up to the rising expectations and it was hilarious. It was a typical HIMYM episode with its characteristic flashbacks and its remarkable how the episode never gets confusing. In a way, it was a little similar to the ducky tie episode with two parallel story lines but it was brilliantly done. The slapsgiving episodes, always a treat, are back and I am glad to know that we have a few mighty hilarious episodes to look forward to. I hope they use the slaps reference once in three of four episodes. And then the Barney-Robin kiss!! WOW. I was practically waiting for it to happen. We all know Kevin and Norah are going to be here for a few episodes anyway.

How i met your mother is back on track and with the barney-robin and the mother plots, I really hope it gets interesting. Lets hope the next episodes do not disappoint us.

• Awesome but..

Robin and Barney....NO! I have to admit HIMYM is getting better and better but nevertheless, in my opinion Robin does not deserve to get back with Barney! Barney has finally fallen in love and Robin just has to, although even she has a boyfriend (Kevin), she had to attempt to break this relationship apart. Robin is a character which is very meddlesome, for example; when she was the reason Ted cheated on Victoria. Robin is a person who truly hates the thought of being happy....so why look for a relationship with Barney when soon enough she would not want to be commited...even Barney is showing more commitment than she is. I used to love Robin, now I have lost all of my respect to her.

I really hope she isn't the one Barney marries, I hope its Norah, who seems like a nice, awesome person...(Especially that hot british accent!)

• Worried the show may be going downhill

The show once again starts with a flashback to an actual current event. And I was hopeful. Some great television has happened within the confides of a natural disaster/storm. How I Met Your Mother has had some great storm episodes - the Rain that canceled the camping trip at the end of Season 1 and the 3 day blizzard with a bar called Puzzles.

This wasn't that great. All episode long Ted kept trying to tell a story about boogie boards. The word was said over and over again and I'm sorry that isn't comedy. As per usualthe story has TONS of interruptions.

The B plot was okay about the tie. It could've been better. Even that story involved had a quick flashback explaining the slap bet.

There were a few jokes but the ones mocking Ted seemed crueler than usual. His friends used to root for him and be on his side and now he just seems like this cosmic joke. I've said it before and I've said it again. The show needs to get moving and really do some plot development.

Oh and it ends with Robin & Barney kissing in a cab. This is not cool. It makes it seem like they are destroying Nora by Barney choosing Robin and I just don't like that choice. Nora needs to reject Barney because of who he is if they want Barney and Robin to get together. The two do have things in common and they do accept and love one another. Ending it with cheating though throws a whole cloud over the Barney & Robin relationship.

• Best of the Season

Maybe I'm a sucker for "slap" stick and fast paced dialogue; but tonight's episode was the best of the season. Every character was on their "A" game tonight.

The writing was excellent and face paced tonight using the show's recurring themes and quirks without being bland. The directing kept up with the writing and acting allowing for everybody to shine.

It was nice to get a little break from the pregnancy theme and Robin's newest boyfriend (for the moment), the therapist, turned in his strongest performance of the season. He integrated nicely into the ensemble tonight.

Ted displayed an even geekier side of himself and is starting to make me feel sorry for the kids he's telling this on-going saga to.

The ending will certainly have me watching next week.