How I Met Your Mother

Do I Know You?

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Sep 22, 2008 on CBS

• Barney reveals he's in love with Robin.

Ted gets an answer from Stella, after that highly anticipated question from the season 3 finale. Ted asks Stella to marry him, and she says yes! I love all the possible answers Stella could have said. In this epsiode, after Stella almost dies after a peanut allergy, Ted wants to get to know Stella better since they're now engaged. In the process he finds out that Stella has never seen Star Wars. Marshall urges her to watch it. Marshall says that if she doesn't like it, then Ted & her can't be together, which I thought didn't make sense. That concept didn't go through to me much. Ted & Marshall are dying to find out if she liked it, Stella lies to Ted and says that she likes it, she tells Marshall the truth. "Are you willing to pretend you like a movie all those years" - Marshall "Yes" -Stella. Or something like that. I didn't know if that was a good thing or a bad thing. The good thing is that the Stella/Ted arc will continue for a while, even if they get married or not. Meanwhile Barney reveals to Lilly that he is in love with Robin, so Lilly sets Barney up with Robin on a date. On the date, Barney acts like a totally different person for Robin. As soon as everything is going great, Robin plays wing man, and sets her up with a girl. Can Barney continue sleeping with bimbos, and still be in love with Robin? By the end, it sure does seem like it. I'm excited to see how these two arcs unfold. A solid season opener.
TVLAND