How I Met Your Mother

Do I Know You?

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Sep 22, 2008 on CBS

• Season 4 starts

As with the start of season 3, the first episode of season 4 was a cliffhanger this time even more of one. Not having watched this series until season 5 was out (I got caught up watching the previous seasons on DVD) you were left wondering what Stella's answer would be. Before Stella answered, Ted imagined all the possibilities, my favorite was the high school quarterback one. Stella of course said yes when afterwards he realized he didn't know anything with her.

Another yes made me smile in this episode. Yes indeed Barney was in love with Robin. I really liked that he confessed his secret to Lilly. I also really enjoyed how Barney wanted to start something more with Robin other then a friendship he can't help but get away from his past of hooking up with random women. I think and I may be wrong but Barney wants to date Robin but he wants it just happen with no interruptions. I loved the callback to the pilot with the have you met Barney to the waitress. On a small note I could understand how Marshall was feeling with his unemployment. At this time I was without a job too.

A great ending to a great season and series with Barney watching Robin on TV.