How I Met Your Mother

Double Date

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Sep 28, 2009 on CBS

7.7
  • Ted goes on the same blind date he went on seven years ago.

A definitely interesting situation, I found myself laughing through the whole thing. I have a good feeling about this season, it's like refreshed. It brought back why I love this show. Its unexpected comedy, heartwarming scenes, amazing work with the timeline. In this episode, it showed every aspect. The only problem I had with this episode was Marshall killing off Lilly before fantasizing about another movie. That was from an episode of King of Queens, the same exact situation except for the doppelganger. I didn't really mind that it was copied, but this show does have a reputation of "taking things" from other shows, so it bothered me. They did make it to something of there own when they realize that there is a stripper that looks exactly like Lilly. Robin finally admits she is in an actual relationship with Barney when she's mad that he went to a strip club. She's mad through the whole thing, and Barney just ignores it. The Ted plot was genius, when Ted realizes that Jen (his blind date) is the same girl from the blind date seven years ago, they both try to find out what went wrong. I love how they transition to seven years ago and the present. I also find it hilarious how they find their flaws from their last date. Things start to become serious, when Jen finds out the problem was that Ted never called her the next day. Then Ted apologizes, and just as he is about to kiss her. He remembers why, all the things that annoyed them about their date. He thinks that the one that you should be with can at least tolerate or slightly like those annoying things about you. So they end the blind date bluntly. It's still a great concept that developed amazingly. Great episode, like I said, I have great hopes for this season.