How I Met Your Mother

Farhampton

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Sep 24, 2012 on CBS

• How I Met Your Mother Eventually!

5.5
    This was one boring episode padded with filler. Season seven ended with Lily and Marshall's fatigue over raising a new baby, Ted and Victoria driving off into the sunset, Robin lonely and Quinn and Barney engaged. What have we learned since then? Absolutely nothing. Not only that but it's clear the writers (show creators in fact) have run out of steam and instead of finally revealing who the mother is in this season's flash forward we see her under that yellow umbrella, face obscured. In season 1 this would have been cute and it was for awhile this cute romantic mystery for the viewer to solve, but after awhile when it was clear that the show would go on for a few more years this concept was abandoned, and as such we no longer care about the mother this much that she needs to continually be obscured just reveal who she is already. It's also a real dud to reveal Robin and Barney engaged about to be married in the flash forward when in 2012 he's engaged to Quinn. Every episode with this character arc is nonesense and frther padding. This is a show that needs to end NOW! Reveal the mother marry Robin and Barney and have the mother call for dinner to begin in 2030.
MNT