How I Met Your Mother

Farhampton

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Sep 24, 2012 on CBS

• Sappy, Jumpy and Just not the episode I hoped for

HIMYM has a way of teaching us the audience valuable life lessons, while keeping them light. During this season opener, there were things that seemed sappy and convoluted. We start off with a flash of the wedding day, and then Robin says she cant go through with it. Then back to present day, Marshall and Lily are tired from their newborn, Barney and Quinn are planning their wedding and Ted and Victoria are planning out how they can let Klaus down without destroying him.

There were very few laughs, very few moments that seemed genuine. With all these flashfowards and flash backs it is difficult to understand any of the timelines currently established within the show. How far off are we from the wedding day, why is Robin getting cold feet when the episode clearly indicates that both her and Barney are still madly in love with one another. Really HIMYM just seems to be stretching for storyline. I said this at the end of last season and I'll say it again, with the lack of freshness in the show I really do hope season eight proves to be the last one.

I do really enjoy this show and the characters, it just really feels like enough is enough sometimes with this show. They've spent too much time bringing back people from the past, and finally we see where Ted will meet his soul mate, but still no when.

This show is worth watching as a series, which is why I hope it ends before it is just a lame excuse for a romantic comedy. It has become the sappy lovefest of will they or won't they, when in the beginning it was about an incredible journey to find the ultimate happiness. What happened to that?