How I Met Your Mother Forums

CBS (ended 2014)

1-22 - Season Finale - "Come On" Discussion

RogueSlayer722

[1]May 15, 2006
    • level: 19

It's the season finale and no discussion? Anyway, another great episode. Good to see Amy Acker again.  So, Ted and Robin are together again but Marshall and Lily breaks up. It seemed like they made up the night before but of course, it ends with the cliffhanger. Too bad we have to wait a couple of months until season 2.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

adietler

[2]May 15, 2006
    • level: 2
    what was the song at the end in the rain?

waverley

[3]May 15, 2006
    • level: 8
    ugh!  i only got to see the first 10 minutes!  will someone please give me a detailed recap?  i would really appreciate any help!

JamieMcBain

[4]May 15, 2006
    • level: 9

The song at the end of the episode was "This Modern Love", by Bloc Party.

I am not going to give away the whole episode, I will give a brief recap....

Ted finds out that Robin is going to  a group camping, and that Sandy Rivers is also going. Thinking that it may lead to something else, Ted enlists the help of Barney's ex girfriend, to find out how to do a rain dance, in hopes of  preventing the camping trip from occurring.

Meanwhile, Marshall and Lily have an arguement after Marshall discovers that Lily might be going to Chicago for a few months, I'm not going to say what happens next, only that's happy and depressing both at the same time.

Hope it helps!

Edited on 05/15/2006 9:35pm

CliffHicks

[5]May 16, 2006
    • level: 5

JamieMcBain wrote:

Thank god for that. I was going to go nuts all night trying to think of what that was...

~c.

dillingerdan

[6]May 16, 2006
    • level: 12
    Loved the episode. Very emotional. Loved the whole rain dance thing, and the fact it worked, gotta love Teds effort.

Obviously he doesn't end up with Robin due to the Kids reaction at the end of the first episode, but nothing ever points to Lily and Marshall actually ending up together does it? Although it doesn't point to them being apart either, could this infact be the end of them? A total shock, I didn't expect them to break up.

Do you think thats it for Alyson for at least the immeiate coming season?

kjnohr

[7]May 16, 2006
    • level: 13
    JamieMcBain wrote:

Meanwhile, Marshall and Lily have an arguement after Marshall discovers that Lily might be going to Chicago for a few months, I'm not going to say what happens next, only that's happy and depressing both at the same time.

Ok, so it may be really picky, but the art fellowship was in San Francisco, not Chicago. 

And the end was so sad!  Poor Marshall!

kjnohr

[8]May 16, 2006
    • level: 13

dillingerdan wrote:

Do you think thats it for Alyson for at least the immeiate coming season?

I don't think so.  I think she is a very popular character and one of the big reasons that the show has succeeded (the other being Barney).  She will probably be back in the show at the beginning of next season, having completed her fellowship over the "summer".

st8erbruce

[9]May 16, 2006
    That was just a great episode.  Other than the Red Lobster kick in the middle, I thought it was a real attention getter, but it left you wanting more at the end.  I can't wait for season 2, this is my favorite show now

ShowsIWatch

[10]May 16, 2006
    • level: 4

dillingerdan wrote:
    Obviously he doesn't end up with Robin due to the Kids reaction at the end of the first episode, but nothing ever points to Lily and Marshall actually ending up together does it? Although it doesn't point to them being apart either, could this infact be the end of them? A total shock, I didn't expect them to break up.

Had to think about that one, but you're right, he does refer to her as "Aunt Robin" so I guess she isn't the mom after all...

I'm guessing the "mom" hasn't been introduced in the series yet.

DrFinkelstein

[11]May 16, 2006
    • level: 5
    waverley wrote:
    ugh!  i only got to see the first 10 minutes!  will someone please give me a detailed recap?  i would really appreciate any help!

Let me guess, King of Queens pushed it back and then you had to watch the Grey's Anatomy season finale? That's how it was for me at least.

rock9955

[12]May 16, 2006
    i think that they will have lily coming back when the show picks back up since every episode where Bob Sagat talks, he give the year and month that the show aired.  Like as in Come on, he says in May 2006

JamieMcBain

[13]May 16, 2006
    Ok, I thought it was in Chicago. Oh well...

UniversalDave

[14]May 16, 2006
    • level: 11
    Good episode but a little said at the end i was almost crying lol j/k. Is it me or does Robin and Teds relationship seems very similar to Elliott and JD's in "scrubs" (Probs just me), but yeah like a lot of u guys have said its very doubt full that Robin will be the mother i mean someone on the show as to be single or the show would get boring IMO.
    Although that maybe why they split Marshall and Lilly up but im certain they will get bk together because they just work so well and fit together great and it would be a big blow to the show if that was taken away.

Overall great ep and i carnt wait till next season and i hope Alyson is still a regular character and doesnt become a guest star for most of season 2.

waverley

[15]May 16, 2006

DrFinkelstein wrote:
    waverley wrote:
    Let me guess, King of Queens pushed it back and then you had to watch the Grey's Anatomy season finale? That's how it was for me at least.

exactly!  i have a dvr and the 20 minute set back really screwed up my recording.  of course i had to make sure that i taped greys and prison break, so unfortunately, mother had to be sacrificed!

waverley

[16]May 16, 2006
    JamieMcBain wrote:

Ted finds out that Robin is going to  a group camping, and that Sandy Rivers is also going. Thinking that it may lead to something else, Ted enlists the help of Barney's ex girfriend, to find out how to do a rain dance, in hopes of  preventing the camping trip from occurring.

Hope it helps!

thanks for your help!

NoName003

[17]May 16, 2006
    • level: 10

waverley wrote:

Same here, just like the first 10 minutes. I had it set to record on my dvr, but for some reason the network was delayed. So I missed this and another show! I am so fumed!!

Numfar94

[18]May 16, 2006
    • level: 1
    This was the best episode of the series yet. The ending, in particular, was right up there with the ending of the first episode, IMO.

I think Lily will be back at the end of the first episode and most of next season will see her and Marshall trying to work things out. I assume they will get back together as they seem like a perfect match, although wouldn't it be hilarious if Sandy (even if he is leaving to work for CNN) was thrown in as a love interest for Lily? I bet all the Buffy-Angel fans (of which I am one) would absolutley love if they played off their real life marriage.

Also, since it's obvious that Robin isn't the mother, does anyone else think that Robin ends up with Barney? They seemed to get along great in an earlier episode, and for some reason when future Ted refers to Uncle Barney and Aunt Robin I just have this feeling that they are married.

Overall a great ending to a great first season. Hopefully there are many more to come.

suit_up

[19]May 16, 2006
    waverley wrote:
    JamieMcBain wrote:

Ted finds out that Robin is going to a group camping, and that Sandy Rivers is also going. Thinking that it may lead to something else, Ted enlists the help of Barney's ex girfriend, to find out how to do a rain dance, in hopes of preventing the camping trip from occurring.

Hope it helps!

thanks for your help!

ive been tryin to find that song nonstop since the episode aired, thanks alot, anyways, Im thinking Robin and Barney are due to go out, because if you recall, Future Ted refers to Barney, as Uncle Barney, and Robin as Aunt Robin, and they did seem to hit it off as ted was preocupied with victoria, who i also think will be returning next season as a guest star...... or not, idunno have fun pondering this stuff

suit_up

[20]May 16, 2006
    oh lol exactly what Numfar said,, right before my post, great minds think alike, lol