How I Met Your Mother Forums

CBS (ended 2014)

Barney and Nora - Breakup

MsBoonzie

[1]Nov 17, 2011
    • level: 10

What do you think about them breaking up? Was it a mistake or is Robin going to leave Kevin?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

JaiCSC

[2]Nov 17, 2011
    • level: 17
    This topic could do with a spoiler warning. I know most of us watched that episode but those that haven't will be none too happy methinks.

MsBoonzie

[3]Nov 17, 2011
    • level: 10

JaiCSC wrote:
    This topic could do with a spoiler warning. I know most of us watched that episode but those that haven't will be none too happy methinks.

You're right, I should've thought about that.
    Sorry.

RaizenYusuke

[4]Nov 21, 2011
    • level: 28

Can I think it was a mistake, but be happy it happened? I liked Nora and I liked her with Barney. I don't think it was the best way to end them or to end it so soon. I mean it is almost a forgone conclusion Barney marries Robin. I can't see Nora giving him another chance he hurt her real bad twice. He lied to her and now cheated it on her. Is there going to be a time for another girl to show up and make us think Barney will marry her?

Aside from that I liked how Nora told Barney what she wanted and if he didn't want the same things let her know she wasn't wasting her time. I think that was a big part in Barney realizing he wanted a real love and a family. I liked that despite all the jokes about settling down and Barney being bummed he couldn't pick up a girl at the bar because he was in a relationship was all b.s. andthat he was genuinely happy with her. Barney waited at that dinnerfor such a long time to get a second chance or how he told herevery lie he ever told. It was like they got all their crap and issues on the table and came in fresh or knowing what they were getting into.The relationship could have developed more before they re-introcuded Barney and Robin angle.I might be alone here, but when last week's episode ended I felt more sorry for Nora than Barney last week. I feltbad for Barney, but Nora wasgoing to introduce Barney to her parents.She gave him another chance after he hurt her and just when shebelieved things would work out he drops this whole I cheated on you deal and it meant something. Don't get me wrong if Barney doesn't love Nora he needed to tellher so she could start to move on and I am by no means saying Barney should havestayed with her so she would be happy. I just felt bad for Nora.

I am happy it happened because I would rather see Nora get hurt now than at the alter withBarney and Robin pulls a RachelGreen. The way they ended it I feltless sympathetic to Barney. A least Robinacted like she didn't want to hurt Kevin. Most of that episode I didn't get thatvibe from Barney.He cracked jokes at the start and sort of felt bade when he realized what he did, but I didn't pick up genuine sorrow for hurting Nora. The scene where he rushed her parents out felt more like he just wanted to break up with her to get to Robin. But that is just how I felt.

valmiraa

[5]Nov 25, 2011
    • level: 3

Firs of all I am a Robin and Barney fan, I want them to end up together so it's impossible for me to be objective on this matter!

BUT, despite that, I did like Nora as a character, she was sweet and beautiful, so I do think she deserved a more decent exit from the show!