How I Met Your Mother Forums

CBS (ended 2014)

HIMYM:The Mother's Name Theory

[1]Jan 25, 2014
    • level: 6

I finally got around to watching last Monday's episode of HIMYM: Unpause and I think that I have figured out the way the writers are going with the name of the mother. THIS IS A POSSIBLE SPOILER, please stop reading if your one of those people.

Are you still here? Great, here we go. In the latest episode we were told the name of Ted's kids, Penny and Luke, Ted has said multiple times on the show that he wants to name his kids Luke and Leia. but maybe the reason why the daughter's name isn't Leia is because.... Leia is the mother's name! I truly think that I solved the big mystery. Please someone out there prove me wrong so I can move on and be surprised like the rest of you.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Romano338

[2]Jan 26, 2014
    • level: 8
    Yeah cool...
    What's the point?
    I mean, "a big mystery" oh yearh definitely, I never read anybody wondering what would be her name.
    And don't be too cocky, you have absolutely no clue whether you actually "solved a big mystery" or if it's just a theory miles from truth.

Prove you wrong?
    Well, maybe we could start by the fact that nobody would call his daughter "Leia". I mean, come on, do you see a lot of "Chewbacca" in the street? Did "Yoda" was a friend of you at school?
    Anybody who doesn't love Star Wars would easily put a big stop sign before the idea of calling his daughter Leia. And honestly, Star Wars fans should too.

BarefootBarista

[3]Feb 18, 2014
    • level: 6
    ...Dude, it was a theory about a TV show. A TV show in which characters have a baby with the middle name "waitforit." Let's all take a breath.

RichardBrum

[4]Mar 26, 2014
    • level: 2
    Prove you wrong? How the hell can we prove something wrong when (a) it hasn't been revealed yet, and (b) you are making a prediction?

GilmoreFan86

[5]Mar 26, 2014
    • level: 18
    I've spent the past couple weeks watching through the series again and when I got to the episode with Marshall and Lily's long term bets (7x17) I had a thought about the Mother's name. One of the bets was that Ted wouldn't end up with Robin and now that Robin is married to Barney, Marshall should have to pay up to Lily because he lost the bet, but what if Ted does end up with "Robin," but a different Robin. My theory is that the Mother's name is Robin!!

kcs_niagara_usa

[6]Mar 31, 2014
    • level: 8

asecond robyn would have been kind of funny

rebachick94

[7]May 27, 2014
    • level: 16

Her name is Tracy. Revealed in the finale and hinted at in season 2 when Ted goes to a strip club and strippers name is Tracy. How's that for proving you wrong?