How I Met Your Mother Forums

CBS (ended 2014)

If there is a season 9 here is how I would end the show

shortmale2004

[1]Oct 3, 2012
    • level: 1

If they have a season 9 the way I would end the show is The last episode would be Ted and the Mothers wedding and showing them get in the car and the camera show the back of the car saying Just Married but then Future Ted something that has it show some time in the future with the mother in the hospital bed holding a baby and Ted looking down on his baby girl and then another flash forward with his son. After that show the kids on the couch again and you hear the mothers voice yell out dinner and shows Ted and his kids get up and walk toward the dinning room as the camera pans away you see the dinning room table with food and a turkey and around the table are Lilly, Marshall, Marvin, Robin, and Barney talking and laughing because as they said they always had thanksgiving together.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

bennett10

[2]Oct 3, 2012
    • level: 4

That sounds pretty good, but the kids are a lot older now. I think the daughter is around 23 or 24.

On the Season 2 DVD, there was a music video where at the end, the kids say "Wow, great story Dad" "Yeah, that was great", and they kind of run away as if they're relieved that the story's over. I don't believe that was ever part of an episode, so either they decided not to go with that clip, or it's part of the end.

JaiCSC

[3]Oct 9, 2012
    • level: 17
    bennett10 wrote:

On the Season 2 DVD, there was a music video where at the end, the kids say "Wow, great story Dad" "Yeah, that was great", and they kind of run away as if they're relieved that the story's over. I don't believe that was ever part of an episode, so either they decided not to go with that clip, or it's part of the end.

I'm pretty sure that Clip's in 1x08 The Fight. Right at the beginning. They walk back in looking really frustrated.

Not a bad idea, with the thanksgiving dinner.

I always wondered if they could jump ahead 10 years to 2040 to show one of his kids getting married. Given how much older the actors who played his kids are I think that could be a way to get them and possibly even Bob Saget in for the last episode. With Older Ted flashing back to events or one specific event in the present day to close out the show.

Zoeoey

[4]Oct 10, 2012
    • level: 2
    Yeah that's a really good idea! Whatever they do, I'm expecting to see a montage of Ted and the mother together through the years.