How I Met Your Mother Forums

CBS (ended 2014)

Of all possible endings...

DavidBarro

[1]Mar 31, 2014
    • level: 4

... THAT WAS THE WORST!!!!

I'm sorry, but I NOW HATE JOSS WHEDON. Sorry for the yelling, but he just wasted 9 years of my life, metaphorically speaking. I just woke up and smelled the coffee... in this case it was a crappuccino. This show's ending was the worst, and here's why I believe so:

1. The whole time-jumping thing... MY GOODNESS, it was even more extreme than Doctor Who.. he should've just put the TARDIS console right there in the middle of MacLaren's.

2. Many people have already put forth their guess that something was going to happen to the mother, based on some clues that they gave. I'm sorry, but that was just a really s***ty thing to do to a guy like Ted. I mean, he's been waiting a veritable lifetime for someone who truly accepts him for who he is... and she turns out to be PERFECT for him in every way... and they kill her off and not even be clear as to how? What, so Ted is the most romantic person in the world, so that means he has to suffer more than everyone else? That's bull.

3. Finally, that bit at the very end. I've hated Robin for a while. She's the WORST woman in the world. For the sake of the whole thing with Barney, she's destroyed not ONE but TWO of his big-time relationships. Then she goes and puts her career first in a way that makes him out to be the needy & clingy one??! What?! The BARNACLE?? I'm sorry, but she is a horrible, horrible character.

It's just plain horrible. I am now going to second-guess everything JW does in the future based on how he treated this program and, especially, this finale. Boo, Joss, BOO.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

rdlouhy

[2]Apr 1, 2014
    • level: 11

Agree.

Knox666

[3]Apr 1, 2014
    • level: 12
    Hey what's with the Joss Whedon bashing? He's nothing to do with How I Met Your Mother!!

How I Met Your Mother = Created and written by Carter Bays and Craig Thomas
    Buffy, Angel, Dollhouse, Doctor Horrible = Created and written by Joss Whedon

DavidBarro

[4]Apr 1, 2014
    • level: 4

Okay, my faux pas. I thought his name was on it. I could've sworn his name was on it.

Okay, take out Joss Whedon and put in everybody else who had a part in concocting this monstrosity of a finale! :-)