How I Met Your Mother Forums

CBS (ended 2014)

Official Episode Discussion: 8x02 - The Pre-Nup *Spoilers*

JaiCSC

[1]Oct 1, 2012
    • level: 17

Episode Synopsis:

When Barney designs an extensive pre-nup, the guys take note and propose their own relationship amendments to their significant others. Meanwhile, Quinn is outraged and draws up a pre-nup of her own, which causes friction between the sexes.

Edited on 10/01/2012 6:14am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

GabrielaFab

[2]Oct 2, 2012
    • level: 2

Great episode, I really loved the scene with Barney and Robin kissing I am sorry to see Quinn go though

JaiCSC

[3]Oct 2, 2012
    • level: 17

Got no strong feelings either way with this one.

Marshall and Lily: Well I liked that the ending for them was a little more grown up for them. Wow, it's been a while hasn't it.

Robin and Michael Trucco: Got nothing to say. Not bad but I don't care.

Ted and Vctoria: They were OK in this episode. Klaus turning into aGermancaricatureis a bit strange but hell there's been stranger and dumber on this show. Also I know I'm nit picking but they skip out a lot between the events of May to now. Seeing how these three are behaving it's a bit jarring. Plus Klaus knows Ted had to think about Victoria being his Lifelong treasure of Destiny so what does he think?

Arthur: He is fast becoming HIMYM's Lloyd from Scrubs. And I hated Lloyd with a fury like no other.

Barney and Quinn. I know I'm a fan of Quinn for Barney but it's done. At leasts it's out of the way now. If Michael Trucco can wander off soon that would be good. Put Barney and Robin together by the end of the year (or month) and I'll be content because this insufferable storyline has been drawn out enough. And I'll be damned if I'm put through more of this than it needs be.

bennett10

[4]Oct 2, 2012
    • level: 4

I like that they wasted no time in breaking up Barney and Quinn. This hopefully means that we can move along with Robin and Barney and get to the wedding with time to actually get to know the mother. There's a good chance this is the last season so I hope they don't waste a lot of time with the stuff we know is going to end at some point.

The episode itself was pretty good. Funnier than most have been lately.

mysteriousopal

[5]Oct 3, 2012
    • level: 29
    I liked the episode. While I'm sad to see Quinn go I was surprised and happy the writers wasted no time in breaking Barney and Quinn up. So far the show is making a lot more progress than in the past seasons and I like it.

sduvoisin

[6]Nov 19, 2012
    • level: 11

This episode wasn't that funny IMO. It's main purpose was just to ditch Quinn so I think that worked.