How I Met Your Mother Forums

CBS (ended 2014)

PASSING Thought / Way around the name Tracey

kcs_niagara_usa

[1]Sep 11, 2012
    • level: 8

Ya know when you meet (in real life) someone and they GIVE you their name,

it maybe "trish" for example, if they do NOT want to be know as Patricia...

A common interchange... no biggie...but if this (example) some one's REAL

first name maybe (Ursala) / full nameUrsala Patricia [smith] / they may go by "Up" (UPS) lol

or just trish smith ( even avoiding some thing simple patty smith )...

something obnoxious like >.... "Jezebel Tracey" ( JT ) or went simply by Tracey,

....is a way around introducing a new character that won't giveaway you are

watching the MOTHER right before your eyes, and MAY not realize it -

because of the clues they gave are either (smoke & mirrors) or ... are there

but placed clever enough ya don't make the connection right away....

Thoughts ?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

CharmedOneP391

[2]Sep 12, 2012
    • level: 19

ummmm....okay?

my name's david but my friends call me davie...but whats this got to do with HIMYM?

IAmTheNakedMan

[3]Sep 12, 2012
    • level: 1
    Oh my god I cannot take this anymore.

Why on earth do you have to continue to fill this forum with the most random, poorly constructed, non sensical junk I have ever seen in my life?

You obviously have a lot to say about HIMYM and I would really love to read about what you have to say as I enjoy reading what other people think.

BUT IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO FIGURE OUT WHAT THE HELL YOU ARE GOING ON ABOUT ALL THE GODDAMN TIME.

kcs_niagara_usa

[4]Sep 13, 2012

Sorry "davie" and the third post-er, I am trying to convey my point the best

way I can the best way I know how - I apologize (for those that know me personally

KNOW why this is the way I type), I am not trusting enough to type it here and now -

BUT

> basically what if we meet someone and Ted introduces her w/ a diff. name

as the creators may want to try "hide" the mother in plain sight.

This way the creators can test can test the waters...IF she doesnt score

well with what ever they are looking for..they never reveal that was the intended mother.....

-

BUT

If this new character "CLICKS" w/ chemistry , is available to work, and is the ONE

then....a few episodes later, it is revealed that her name REAL first name is TRACY

(to keep the continuity) however she always liked whatever name TED introduced her as...

Better?

and it was just a passing thought - as there are so many clues to whom the mother *maybe* as it will

be difficult for the creators to "sneak in" someone without it being too obvious she is THE ONE.

fanboy34

[5]Oct 15, 2012
    • level: 11
    That was essentially my reasoning too all along, that it will turn out to be somebody we already met in passing but, until Ted identifies her as his kids' future mother, we won't "get" it. For no other reason than perhaps it would be a weak anticlimactic moment if they wait until the series finale and reveal some random actress and try to say, "Ta-daa. Here she is after nine or ten years."

The suspense has to pay off with something more than just "a random face" behind the yellow umbrella. Batman has to be Bruce Wayne not Joe Smith who hasn't been in the movie all along until the cowl comes off. The reveal moment has to lead us to an "Oh, of course!" reaction NOT to a "So what?" Introducing her for a handful of episodes right at the end is the same as trying to pass off Joe Smith as Batman. A slower softer "So what?" is still the same really.

I hope that made sense. The list of possible female characters available isn't endless, just long enough. Pray it's not "a very special guest star" like Britney Spears as the nutty medical receptionist...

kcs_niagara_usa

[7]Oct 22, 2012

fanBoy - You nailed it -

I often post while I am working (dont tell my boss) and when I see a reRun

in the wee hours, my brain is fuzzy, soo I try to get my thought out there...

sometimes the message gets the mix up...

>but it "just hit me" iF someone.....is hiding in plain sight,

how can they get around her name is tracey...(tracy)

Zoeoey

[8]Oct 23, 2012
    • level: 2
    But I reckon if it is a "random face behind the yellow umbrella" it won't matter too much. I trust Carter Bays and Craig Thomas with the writing in this show. They have gotten it so right before. If we are introduced to the mother as a random person, I think they would develop the character well so we see their relationship and chemistry for maybe a season, cos if she is introduced in the last ep no one would care about her.

That being said, I do like your theory about already being a person that we know. I know you all have probably been watching season 8, but I live in England so I'm still in season 7 mode (please don't give me spoilers!!!). Therefore I can go back even to season 1 in "Drumroll, Please" and say that maybe Victoria did use a fake name when introduced to Ted??? That would explain the Tracey thing (if that is the mother's real name). I always liked her, but i dunno, you guys know what happened in season 8 concerning her so you know a lot more about that than I do.

bennett10

[9]Oct 23, 2012
    • level: 4
    If you don't want any spoilers than you probably shouldn't come to the forum, lol.
    You never know when someone might name a new thread with a big spoiler in it.

I do agree that it probably won't just be a random face that we see for one or two episodes and that's it.
    I hope it's either someone we already know or that they get another season in order for us to get to know her.

Zoeoey

[10]Oct 26, 2012
    • level: 2
    bennett10 wrote:
    If you don't want any spoilers than you probably shouldn't come to the forum, lol.
    You never know when someone might name a new thread with a big spoiler in it..

I would go somewhere else to talk about it, but there isn't a set place for British people to go to And I NEED to talk about it So I think I'll just comment really late on all the season 8 episodes but by then everyone will be over those

sduvoisin

[11]Nov 12, 2012
    • level: 11

I think it's going to be a random face. It has to be. They've said they haven't cast the mother yet. I think what they'll end up doing if they want it seem like she's been around for a while it will be like in the beginning of Season 4 when they introduced Doug as if he's always been around and they just plugged him into some flashbacks.