How I Met Your Mother Forums

CBS (ended 2014)

Poll: Team Robin or Team Quinn

Who do you like with Barney

BLinus4815

[1]Mar 20, 2012
    • level: 8

The writers are probably pulling the ol' bait and switch at the end of the season, but I like Quinn for Barney.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

RobinDanil

[2]Mar 20, 2012
    • level: 6

Also team Quinn here. I like her and it seems to me that they are perfect for one another.

JoshSutton

[3]Mar 21, 2012
    • level: 15
    QUINN, i was never one for Robin and Barney and i hope they also end that particular romance this year, can't be doing with it for another season.

andreipaul_ro

[4]Mar 21, 2012
    • level: 5

It's already known to whom Robin will get married

zan4

[5]Mar 22, 2012
    • level: 10
    Robin mirror Barney ensecurity's so they won't work
    Noir baby him and wanted him to change and didn't approve of his life style
    Quin knows and understand him and she accept him for who he is they both have just enough of the similar personality that they can play on each other but at the same time keep each other in check

BLinus4815

[6]Mar 22, 2012
    • level: 8

JoshSutton wrote:
    QUINN, i was never one for Robin and Barney and i hope they also end that particular romance this year, can't be doing with it for another season.

agreed. really hoping this is the season that both Ted and Barney let go of thoughts/feelings of Robin.

zan4

[7]Mar 23, 2012
    Well they astablish this season will be the letting go of pass season

stylecutter

[8]Mar 25, 2012
    • level: 7

Quinn > Nora > Robin

ErinSirmans

[9]Mar 25, 2012
    • level: 7

Not really a fan of either of them with him, but I think Quinn and Barney are far too identical to make it work for too long.

RupkathaSen

[10]Mar 28, 2012
    • level: 2
    I m a huge Barney-Robin fan.. So much so that I m really not interested in any mother story n just want to know who Barney ends up marrying.. The way they have made us believe in this episode that Barney n Quinn are really getting ahead in their relationship, I think, is just a distraction..
    Actually, just watched an episode from Season 6 called "False positive". Robin asks Ted, if he could be her Best Man, n get things right in track in case she is getting a cold feet during her marriage.. At the end of the first episode of this season, Lily tells Ted, the Bride wants to c him.. So I think its definitely Robin, who must be getting a cold feet while getting married to Barney..
    Anyways, for now, I feel this is just an episode that will help in building up the forthcoming Robin-Barney chemistry (I really hope thats the case)... Otherwise, an absolutely average episode.. Jokes not too funny.. N dint feel any chemistry between Barney n Quinn.. A little sad for Ted though..
    Cant wait for the next episode n the Grand Finale!!!!

historylover20

[11]Mar 29, 2012
    • level: 28

I originally really wanted Barney and Robin together. But, they were so OOC when they were a couple. It ended up being such a horrible match, and it produced some truly awful episodes.

I think Barney and Robin could be interesting together, if written correctly. But, one of the things I do agree with their conclusions from when they tried to date was that their two awesomes cancel each other out (although, now, I don't find Robin so awesome anymore.)

So, I got to say I like Quinn. So, I got to go for Quinn here.

Kat

Finchel4ever

[12]Mar 31, 2012
    • level: 1
    Robin, you really can't have a soulmate montage and go for another woman just cause she worms her way into the lives of the 5 people we came to love. I can't stand Quinn, and I don't want her with Barney they are terrible together and she makes him not grow as a person and she's all kinds of wrong for him.

Robin is Barney's soulmate and Quinn just go away.

GabrielaFab

[13]Apr 1, 2012

Robin all the way! Its like with Ross and Rachel in friends, imagine if the writes wouldn't have made them work?? Why would they tease us so much at the beggining of the season with their relationship if not to bring them together at the end?? Plus if Quinn was the mother why didn't Ted call her aunt Quinn as he does with the others?? Or why didn't the children react to it at all??

RaizenYusuke

[14]Apr 1, 2012
    Quinn and I hope she is the one Barney is marrying. I liked that she stringed Barney along for a while. He finally got to see what it was like when he plays girls for once. I like girls that call him on his crap. That is why I liked Nora, but that got ruined before it even really took off. Robin is all over the place this season. I am getting tired of her and Barney.

OwenThePainter

[15]Apr 3, 2012

Robin all the way; I accidentally hit 'Results' on the poll so I wasn't able to vote unfortunately.

valmiraa

[16]Apr 3, 2012
    • level: 3

ROBIN....Oh please, it's more than obvious that Barney will marry Robin! Quinn is just a distraction and I'm actually 100% sure she will be bad news in the end, the writers are very clever and there is a reason why she is called "Karma"! Why do you think they're rushing this story line so much, they missed the build up of this relationship just for the bride mystery to be kept alive until the finale! She is just a distraction and frankly I don't see what's to like about her, she hasn't shown any significant sing that she truly likes Barney and I don't think they have any kind of chemistry (just my opinion)!

There is a reason why Barney is the only one that doesn't know about Robins infertility, there is a reason why they have barely talked to each other since 7.10, there are so many reasons and hints that absolutely confirm Robin as the bride. They wouldn't possibly take the risk and make a guest star who is even booked for their new show to be the bride! Plus she wasn't even planned as a character when they wrote the finale of the season 7, Becki Newton herself said that she went and talked to the writers about how she wanted to be part of the show and how she would be a good match for playing Barneys girlfriend, so they thought about it and accepted. They already wrote the finale and of course knew who the bride is so whoever came after that IS NOT the bride. There's just too much history and chemistry between Barney and Robin to just be ignored.

RebeccaLi2

[17]Apr 3, 2012
    tbh Robin & Barney has been going on for too long. I can sense that someone's going to be disappointed. Regardless of who he proposes to, the other girl is still going to be at the wedding. However, it's likely that he proposes to Quinn first at the wedding for this main reason:

If he proposes to Robin, why on Earth would Quinn go? But if he proposes to Quinn, Robin would still go as their friend.

There is another reason why it is unlikely that Robin is going to be the one that he gets together with:

In episode 7-3 when Victoria was there, she mentioned the on going tension between Ted&Robin and Barney&Robin and how they act like they're all "just" buddies. She said that it doesn't work, and it's the reason that it didn't work, and they didn't realize it yet. But Future Ted confirms that it doesn't work.

Long story short: Quinn or mysterious girl we still don't know of.

PenguinSuzie

[18]Apr 13, 2012
    Quinn.

I've never liked Robin & Barney together.

fishherder

[19]Apr 21, 2012

I think it's quite obviously going to be Robin. Quinn is the quintessential 'filler' character. She seems so 'perfect' for Barney on paper but let's be honest, we know absolutely nothing about her, she has had no back story, nothing to make us want to sympathise with her or get to know her better. How could a well-loved and established character of the show end up with someone like that?

And yet, we know that Robin loves Barney, and that Barney loves Robin. I'm sure the writers will do everything they can to make us think otherwise right up until the very last moment, but I have no doubt in my mind that Robin and Barney end up together.

RaizenYusuke

[20]Apr 22, 2012
    I hate that it is so obvious too. Nora and Quinn are likeable characters to me. If they were given a fair chance we could see how Barney could end up with either of them, but they seem dead set on Barney and Robin thing. At least make it seem like Barney/Quinn has a good chance of happening. Robin is such an obvious choice for the bride because Baney has no one else. Nora ended before it even began and he and Quinn are moving way too fast for to think it can happen.