How I Met Your Mother Forums

CBS (ended 2014)

Poll: Team Robin or Team Quinn

Who do you like with Barney

mrsquinto

[21]Apr 24, 2012
    • level: 9

ROBIN!!!!

I really, really hope that they will end up together and that the writers know that Barbin/Robarney (ok, that's horrible ) has a giant fan-base (in spite of the fact that in this poll they're head-to-head)

I'm guessing that Barney proposes do Quinn and somehow later realises he belongs with Robin

However, if he proposes to RObin and things go smoothly all the way to the end now - I will be a very happy gal. This show has, what 1 or 2 seasons left, and I hope that the writers won't drag their relarionship out.

If they are meant to be together at the end of that show, great, get on with it already. If they are not, fine. But for the love of pizza, DON'T DRAG THIS OUT ANY LONGER!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

historylover20

[22]Apr 24, 2012
    • level: 28

mrsquinto wrote:

ROBIN!!!!

I really, really hope that they will end up together and that the writers know that Barbin/Robarney (ok, that's horrible ) has a giant fan-base (in spite of the fact that in this poll they're head-to-head)

How about Barnman and Robin?

Kat

Dario1221

[23]Apr 25, 2012
    • level: 2

Team Robin for sure!!

mrsquinto

[24]Apr 26, 2012

Kudos for comin up with Batman analogy, love it! I saw pics on Cobie's twitter where she and Neil are chillin in Florence. i SO hope those are from their honeymoon shoot!

historylover20

[25]Apr 28, 2012

Oh, I didn't make it up. Barney made it up for me. (Check out the season premiere of season 5.)

Kat

airomes

[26]Apr 30, 2012
    • level: 6

In one of the responses, someone compared Ross and Rachel to Barney and Robin, which is such an incorrect parallel. If you were to compare HIMYM to Friends (which I don't like doing because I love the shows but separately. Still you can't deny a lot of parallels [seehttp://imgur.com/a/JuGpD]), the Barney and Robin pairing would be most like the Joey and Rachel pairing.

Personally, I just tolerated the Barney and Robin relationship. A couple of the episodes that were about them were mildly entertaining, but otherwise the chemistry between them wasn't as good as it was between Ted and Robin. Much like when Joey and Rachel started going out. It was a crazy idea to play with, but ultimately, it was weird and almost forced. Barney and Robin's relationship back and forth went on too long in my opinion.

Nevertheless, I get the impression that the woman Barney will be marrying (from the opening scenes of this season) is Robin. (The bride asks to see Ted before the ceremony. There are only 2 women who would want to see Ted before the wedding ceremony: Robin or Ted's sister, Heather.)

On the other hand, Barney and Quinn seem to be getting along really well. Perhaps a little too well. That's where the wrench, that is her stripper job, gets thrown in to the mix. The writers blatantly introduced the idea that Quinn would most likely stop stripping when she got married. So while that seems like the obvious solution for Barney's "dating a stripper" dilemma, it will probably be the straw that breaks the back of their relationship.

Anyway, per this poll, I am for Team Quinn.

mrsquinto

[27]May 1, 2012

historylover20 wrote:

Oh, I didn't make it up. Barney made it up for me. (Check out the season premiere of season 5.)

Kat

still, nice reference

historylover20

[28]May 1, 2012

Thanks!

Kat

ViviXvivi

[29]May 1, 2012
    • level: 1

My Problem with Quinn is, the Writers are trying to force us to believe, that Barney really loves Quinn, but just by telling us that 100 times doesn't make it believable or realistic. The Barney/Quinn scenes aren't showing us in any way, that there is a chemistry between Barney and Quinn, we just get to know: I'm in love with her.. she's a stripper. But that doesn't work, and that's why:

Barney and Robin are going to marry, they are the OTP of this series. And their love is different.Barney and Robin just have a kind of chemistry, and they will always have feelings for each other (like in 5.21 Barney wrote himself a letter saying 'you know you will always love Robin.."), Barney wants to be with Robin.. not with Quinn, he just knows it yet.

Edited on 05/01/2012 1:26pm

LadyJay03

[30]May 3, 2012

I voted for Robin because it's more than obvious that she is going to be the bride in the season finale. Barney and Robin are still in love with each other, and while they may not be willing to admit it to each other yet, it is very clear to us (the audience). I like Quinn, but as others have said, the relationship between her and Barney seems forced. They are not giving us a reason to want them to be together. And with his continuous dislike for her stripper career I see that entire relationship crashing and burning soon.

I think for the Finale the bride will either be Robin or it will start out as Quinn and end with Barney or Robin declaring there love for each other.

undecided

[31]May 10, 2012
    Quinn by a mile. I've never really liked the idea of Barney and Robin together, and having them date and eventually break up in Season 5 only confirmed it for me.

adam1986

[32]May 12, 2012

Its got to be Quinn. Robin and Barney have already tried, and failed, at being together. Think they just seem to get on better as friends.

ViviXvivi

[33]May 12, 2012
    undecided wrote:
    Quinn by a mile. I've never really liked the idea of Barney and Robin together, and having them date and eventually break up in Season 5 only confirmed it for me.

adam1986 wrote:

Its got to be Quinn. Robin and Barney have already tried, and failed, at being together. Think they just seem to get on better as friends.

Wow..
    Barney and Robin are the best and strongest pairing on this show. Yes, Barney and Robin failed at first, but that was because, they weren't ready for a serious relationship and so on. But they've grown. Robin has learned a lot, cause of Don and Kevin and she is ready for a serious commitment, and Barney learned how to be in a relationship, in a serious way, cause of Nora. Quinn is only a distraction, cause of the bride mystery.
    I have to say, looking back, Nora was actually okey [watching season 6 and the beginning of S7 the first time, I really hated Nora], but Quinn is totaly unnecissary. Btt, Robin and Barney had some serious character development, and they kinda grew up. And Barney and Robin have feelings for eachother. Robin still is in love with Barney [No Pressure] and Barney will always love Robin [Twin Beds] and in Tick Tick Tick, he gave up a whole relationship for Robin. The only reason he's with Quinn is, because he needs a dstraction, because he thinks Robin doesn't love him. And yes, Ted told him, but Ted was playing an ego-trip, because he was in love with Robin.
    Robin and Barney have chemistry, a chemistry, that won't go away, the just need timing. And I mean, have you ever really looked at the Robin/Barney dialogs, I mean, there are so many hints, that they're end game, the only reason, why they are focusing on the B/Q relationship is, because there is this bride thing going, and they want it to be suprising, when you Robin as the bride.
    And honestly.. I can tell you like 50 szenes, where you can see, that B/R belong together. even starting in season 1.
    They are totaly endgame. And Quinn isn't even well written. At first, she was just playing the Barnman and then they moved in together. I mean, there wasn't any relationship development. For B/R we had to wait 2 and a half seasons to even get to something, then another one and a half, seeing, how Barney is in love with Robin, then we only get 7 episodes of B/R as a couple, then we get a few more episodes in that season, seeing, that Barney kinda will always love Robin, then we get a season of BROTP as Bros and we all know, there are feelings, esp in the finale, and then we have season 7, with chemistry but no timing, cause timings a bitch. They've built up soo much till now and if Barney marrys Quinn, they will destroy everything.
    Just an honest question, but have you been really watching the show, I mean, I always thought people who write in forums like this, watch these show serious and care for it. I'm sorry, but if you would watch the show, you would know, that Barney and Robin have to marry. I know someone, who found 113 reason, why Robin is the bride.. 113 reasons. And know tell me, Quinn should be the bride. Robin and Barney went though so much and I'm sorry for all those R/T shippers, but B/R belong together, and you guys knew, from day 1, that T/R is not endgame.. no, so live with it. And for all those, who don't want B/R or T/R, c'mon guys, of course Robin will end upp with one of those two. They are sure not gonna make the group of 5 to a group of 8. No. Robin and Barney will marry, if you like it or not. And if you don't see a good for the series point in that, don't forget, how many B/R shippers there are outside there, that wouldn't wanna watch the 8th season, because they're so depressed, cause B/R have no chance ending up together, and they would only cry every episode, cause they all have new love interests, the number of views would go down. And don't forget, they get their friends and family to watch, so basicly, they would kind loose a lot. Oh, and you don't believe that? Well I didn't watch the 8th season of house, because there was no Houe and Cuddy pairing anymore, so believe me, the people won't watch the series anymore..
    Okey, let's go btt again. Okey, ehm, I really love this scene in 'the leap', where Barney and Robin are in the hospital..
    Robin: It's just, look, I care about you Barney and this kinda stuff, the, the emotional stuff, it's not your thing, I though I'd save you the trouble.
    Barney: Maybe I don't wanna be saved the trouble. Maybe I want the trouble. I haven't wanted the trouble in a long time, but with you the trouble doesn't seem so, troubling. I don't know, I thought, I guess I thought you felt the same way.
    I mean, okey, they were daiting after that, but I mean, the whole dialog is just brilliant. That szene has so much. It's what makes this show so great.
    Or in 'disaster averted':
    Barney: When I let a day go by, without talking to you .... that day is just no good.
    Do you ever hear stuff like that with B/Q. No, they fart together, and Barney's upset that she's a stripper. That's like everything about that relationship. I kinda have the feeling, the only reason, why people want them to end up together, is because, they just can't see, how awsome B/R are. They are soulmates and belong together. And really, nobody really like B/Q, they just kinda don't want B/R...

Okey, yes I'm a BROTP shipper, and yeah I kinda even analyse this show, till it's death, but even when I was watching the show for the first time and wanted Barney and Robin together, I mean, after Zip Zip Zip [best episode in season one] you kinda see how awsome Barney and Robin are.

Okey, I should stop writing, but I mean, I'm getting kinda nervous, less than 48 and then we will see Robin as the bride revealed..

MateusFregona

[34]May 13, 2012
    If Robin is the bride, why would Ted's wife be invited to the wedding?

I mean... she could be invited by Quinn or another bride, but if the bride is Robin it does not make sense. Could Robin know her all this time? It would be disappointing.

And then, she would be "a friend of Robin' not "someone Ted met at Barney's wedding".

It is also true that Ted was called by the bride. Someone already pointed that only Robin or Heather would explain that.

It's kind of absurd, but I think it could be Heather. She moved to New York in order to develop her career in the financial area. We also know Ted's wife was on the Economics 305 class at the university. They could know each other.

ViviXvivi

[35]May 13, 2012

MateusFregona wrote:
    If Robin is the bride, why would Ted's wife be invited to the wedding? I mean... she could be invited by Quinn or another bride, but if the bride is Robin it does not make sense. Could Robin know her all this time? It would be disappointing. And then, she would be "a friend of Robin' not "someone Ted met at Barney's wedding". It is also true that Ted was called by the bride. Someone already pointed that only Robin or Heather would explain that. It's kind of absurd, but I think it could be Heather. She moved to New York in order to develop her career in the financial area. We also know Ted's wife was on the Economics 305 class at the university. They could know each other.

Well it as long as Ted didn't see the mother, it could be everyone. My speculations are on Barneys sister.

And I mean, think of Victoria, she was working at the wedding and didn't know the bride.

And Robin has a life beyond the group, I mean, Nora was sb she knew from work, and Ted and Barney didn't get to know her, until Robin introduced them. And people take their friends and family to a wedding, so maybe that's how Ted met the mother. And as I said, Barney could have know the mother before..

Sheena-Lynn

[36]May 13, 2012
    • level: 3

I really hope it's Robin.

I kinda liked Quinn. She's tough and cool (I like what she said in one episode: She doesn't need to be saved, she likes her job, she's good at it.)

But, in the last episode, to me, it was obvious that she and Barney can't get along. He hates her being a stripper, wants her to take another job but she doesn't: Maybe Quinn really only was a distraction. But Barney wants kids and Robin clearly stated that she doesn't. And she broke his heart...(as he said).

I think it could be like that: Barney and Quinn want to marry, in the last second (Maybe what we have seen with Barney calling for Ted and musing over his tie) he aks Robin (or vice versa). Or Quinn leaves beforehand.

But that would really be chlich├ęd - I hope it's gonna be different. But it has to be Robin. They're Bros, they're soulmates! And they didn't interact very much in the last season, so maybe that was some kind of foreboding to a great final? And next season, we see how they manage their marriage.

ViviXvivi

[37]May 13, 2012
    Sheena-Lynn wrote:

I really hope it's Robin.

I kinda liked Quinn. She's tough and cool (I like what she said in one episode: She doesn't need to be saved, she likes her job, she's good at it.)

But, in the last episode, to me, it was obvious that she and Barney can't get along. He hates her being a stripper, wants her to take another job but she doesn't: Maybe Quinn really only was a distraction. But Barney wants kids and Robin clearly stated that she doesn't. And she broke his heart...(as he said).

I think it could be like that: Barney and Quinn want to marry, in the last second (Maybe what we have seen with Barney calling for Ted and musing over his tie) he aks Robin (or vice versa). Or Quinn leaves beforehand.

But that would really be chlich├ęd - I hope it's gonna be different. But it has to be Robin. They're Bros, they're soulmates! And they didn't interact very much in the last season, so maybe that was some kind of foreboding to a great final? And next season, we see how they manage their marriage.

Well Barney doesn't know what he wants. Exept, that he knows, he wants Robin. And he doesn't care, if Robin doesn't want children. In Symphonie of Illumination Barney just wanted to be with her,.. And yes Robin broke Barneys heart, but Barney wasn't the nicest guy to Robin either.. think of Of couse, where Barney was the worst Ex boyfriend of all time, he did kinda make it up at the end, but still.

The tie mataphora. Well I kinda have my own theories xD.
    First of all, there is this great reference to season 4s the Leap: The suit is Robin - I'm not talking about the tie. And then I kinda think, that one tie represents Robin [his bride] and the other tie his single life [banging hundreds of chicks and so on].. Yeah it has to be Robin, And they did interact, just not in the 2nd half of the season, I guess, first, cause Barney was still desperate of Robin choosing Kevin over her, and then, Robin being sad, cause of Quinn, and let's be honest, Ted didn't help either.. he was very egoistic.. he knew Robin was in love with Barney and he saw those rose pedals and didn't tell Robin..

Sheena-Lynn

[38]May 14, 2012

[/QUOTE] Well Barney doesn't know what he wants. Exept, that he knows, he wants Robin. And he doesn't care, if Robin doesn't want children. In Symphonie of Illumination Barney just wanted to be with her,.. And yes Robin broke Barneys heart, but Barney wasn't the nicest guy to Robin either.. think of Of couse, where Barney was the worst Ex boyfriend of all time, he did kinda make it up at the end, but still. The tie mataphora. Well I kinda have my own theories xD. First of all, there is this great reference to season 4s the Leap: The suit is Robin - I'm not talking about the tie. And then I kinda think, that one tie represents Robin [his bride] and the other tie his single life [banging hundreds of chicks and so on].. Yeah it has to be Robin, And they did interact, just not in the 2nd half of the season, I guess, first, cause Barney was still desperate of Robin choosing Kevin over her, and then, Robin being sad, cause of Quinn, and let's be honest, Ted didn't help either.. he was very egoistic.. he knew Robin was in love with Barney and he saw those rose pedals and didn't tell Robin..[/QUOTE]

Oh, that's good. I mean, this: >> season 4s the Leap: The suit is Robin - I'm not talking about the tie.

DavidBarro

[39]Aug 13, 2012
    • level: 4

I CAN'T BELIEVE that it's even a contest!! Quinn 100% of the way.

Truthfully, Robin.... she's just NOT a good person at all. She's a very "toxic" person. I believe the way her character has been written and been playing out so far, she's got to be a confirmed Borderline Personality Disorder, or perhaps Histrionic Personality Disorder. She's got mood swings like no other woman I've seen in quite some time, and definitely not any other comedy, not even the extremely exaggerated Elaine Benes from "Seinfeld". She has a certain undefined emotional hold over men, despite their better judgement AND their present situations. She was the reason Ted broke up with Victoria, and the reason Barney lost relations with the wonderful Nora. Her relationship with Barney drove both of them plummeting down the opposite of "legendary" into "pathetic". She has extreme "daddy" issues and is unhealthily self-absorbed. She's very, very clever in her ability to "twist things around" in order to lay blame for something negative on someone else, or even to "swipe the spotlight" away from someone else when it's THEIR moment to shine.

I'm sorry, but if the story for the show plays out linearly, assuming the last bit of the season 7 finale is true, that Robin edges Barney away from Quinn, then I'm sorry, but ROBIN IS SCUM! Harsh words, I know, but it's true. She is a very self-indulgently immoral person.

Sheena-Lynn

[40]Aug 24, 2012

DavidBarro wrote:

I CAN'T BELIEVE that it's even a contest!! Quinn 100% of the way.

Truthfully, Robin.... she's just NOT a good person at all. She's a very "toxic" person. I believe the way her character has been written and been playing out so far, she's got to be a confirmed Borderline Personality Disorder, or perhaps Histrionic Personality Disorder. She's got mood swings like no other woman I've seen in quite some time, and definitely not any other comedy, not even the extremely exaggerated Elaine Benes from "Seinfeld". She has a certain undefined emotional hold over men, despite their better judgement AND their present situations. She was the reason Ted broke up with Victoria, and the reason Barney lost relations with the wonderful Nora. Her relationship with Barney drove both of them plummeting down the opposite of "legendary" into "pathetic". She has extreme "daddy" issues and is unhealthily self-absorbed. She's very, very clever in her ability to "twist things around" in order to lay blame for something negative on someone else, or even to "swipe the spotlight" away from someone else when it's THEIR moment to shine.

I'm sorry, but if the story for the show plays out linearly, assuming the last bit of the season 7 finale is true, that Robin edges Barney away from Quinn, then I'm sorry, but ROBIN IS SCUM! Harsh words, I know, but it's true. She is a very self-indulgently immoral person.

I'd like to have some quotes/situations from the show for your arguments. I agree, she has Daddy-Issues and she may be egoistic. But why blame her for Ted or Barney breaking up with their girlfriends? That was their decision, wasn't it? And why a Personality Disorder?

I mean, if you don't like her, it's okay but I'd like some evidence for this.