How I Met Your Mother Forums

CBS (ended 2014)

Question will te Barney and Robin story take all season long?

RaizenYusuke

[1]Nov 29, 2012
    • level: 28

I thought I was impatient before, but I saw the latest episodeit feels likeBarney and Robinis getting stretched out more than it needs to be.Now I think Ted meeting his wife at Barney and Robin's wedding may be a bad move. Ted's storyline hasn't really been going anywhere for me. But hisnext major story ismeeting the mother now right, which can't happen until the wedding. Barney and Robin have to get back together and engaged andhave the wedding, which could be a number of episodes by now.

I don'tcare for the dance between Barney and Robin. If this is the final season it would be bad to have the main storyline revolve around their wedding and have a episode or two where Ted meets the mother. Does anyone know if the wedding storyline is going to be all season long or just half a season?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

bennett10

[2]Dec 1, 2012
    • level: 4

I really hope that the wedding happens sooner rather than later.

I don't want Ted to meet the mother in the last episode or so and than just have that be it.

I don't think anyone really knows when it will be, but at this rate the wedding will be happening much later in the season. Unless they do a rushed wedding for some reason where they don't wait very long for the wedding after being engaged.

Romano338

[3]Dec 4, 2012
    • level: 8
    Apparently yes. It seems like the whole season will be about it.
    It's the main story.
    I'm worried to have a season building Barney and Robin getting back together and planning the wedding, and the wedding where Ted mets the mother for the last 1 or 2 episodes.

Because, we are already 9 on 24 episodes, and Barney & Robin ARE NOT EVEN TOGETHER !
    They are supposed to get married, and Ted is supposed to meet the mother at the wedding!

But I guess we'll have Barney proposing to Robin while they're not even together. I don't think they will date again and then plan the wedding. Barney is rejecting the idea of him and Robin right now, Robin will be down for the moment, and then, BAM, Barney proposes to her. At least, it's how I think it will happen.

RaizenYusuke

[4]Dec 6, 2012
    • level: 28
    That sucks. Barney and Robi have taken over the series already. If Ted meets the mother in the last episode after the main story of the season has been Barney and Robin getting married it will feel weak.