We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

How I Met Your Mother Forums

CBS (ended 2014)

Soo, about Nora...

django_palcich

[1]May 10, 2012
    • level: 3

Hey guys, I was rewatching season 7 (it is actually much better on second viewing), and I have come to the conclusion that I really like Nora. Is there any chance she might be the bride, or are we pretty much down to Quinn and Robin?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

JaiCSC

[2]May 10, 2012
    • level: 17

I think it's down to Robin and Quinn. And if I'm honest, I think Quinn is barely an option herself, it's going to be Robin (Still keeping my fingers crossed that it won't be her though.)

As to Nora. I did like Nora in s6 in fact I really liked her in s6. How Barney reacted to her was really interesting to watch. It wasinstantaneousand it was a surprise. A nice surprise. And I honestly thought they could go far and I really wanted to see how Barney was gonna win her back. And not IF, WAS. But they dug up Barney and Robin which killed all progress and in s7 for the most part Barney and Nora's relationship was played for comedy and after Noretta you knew it was doomed.

If they pull a massive swerve and it turns out Barney marries Nora I'd be happy (90% of the rest of the fans won't.) Even if I factor in stuff from s7 (Subpar comedic moments and better on screen chemistry between Neil and Becki), I liked the relationship with Nora the best.

django_palcich

[3]May 10, 2012
    • level: 3
    I agree completely. Since wedding isn't for some time (it's just flashforward at the end of the season), they have narrative devices at their disposal to make it happen. I still think it was a mistake to pair Barney and Robin in the first place, whereas I understand Barney and Quinn, but their relationship is still not developed enough (nor I am sure it should be). Nora was the most consistent of them all, the actress, the character, the progression...

historylover20

[4]May 10, 2012
    • level: 28

You know, I also really liked Nora and was sad that Barney chose Robin over her. I actually did like their dynamic in season 6, and until the real pining over Robin (what is it with Robin? I'm shocked that Marshall isn't pining over her either) that started screwing up her writing, I loved her with Barney. And she wasn't unreasonable to demand respect.

Kat

Samuel2484

[5]May 11, 2012
    • level: 16

I really liked her and hoped that she would be Barney's bride, they were funny together and she was just a likable character. I could see why Barney liked her so much. When he broke up with her for Robin I felt really sad partly due to the fact that Barney screwed her over twice, the first time being when he lied about lying about wanting a family for sex, the second for cheating on her.

I can't see Nora coming back to Barney AT ALL now. If she does, I'll respect her less, frankly trying a 3rd time will make her seem less strong as a person.

I don't really like Robin and Barney together, I never liked it. Quinn I don't really love either, so it's sad but who knows who he'll end up with but if he and nora never broke up and the choice was between her and robin, I'd pick Nora straight away.