How I Met Your Mother Forums

CBS (ended 2014)

Ted is not the father?

Totalfixation

[1]Jul 28, 2008
    • level: 1

In my honest opinion I think ted and robin will end up being together. How I came to this conclusion is i believe the older TED is telling a story of how he met there mother. Which doesnt necessarily mean that the kids are his but instead he could be the uncle. And Aunt Robin could be Ted's wife later in life. I can't recall if older ted ever reference himself as the father. Also i couldnt see any mid-new character, like Stella being the one for Ted. It just seems Robin is the one with the first date "I love you." It could also be a big surprise to find out those kids are Barney's kid. But there are reference to "Uncle Barney" from older Ted.

I feel i could be wrong, but it's a possibility.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

JayMc416

[2]Jul 28, 2008
    • level: 18

It sounds like a good story, but I feel like those kids are Ted's, and plus when he said "that's how I met your Aunt Robin" they both freaked, expecting it to be their mom, I feel like if Ted was with Robin then the kids would not have reacted in that way.

But with HIMYM anythign is always possible.

rockbard

[3]Jul 28, 2008
    • level: 10
    In Purple Giraffe, when Older Ted tells the kids that he said "I love you" to Robin on their first date, the daughter says "Oh, dad...".

bendylegsnick

[4]Aug 2, 2008
    • level: 15
    besides robin is going to end up with barney. obviously!

Igarka

[5]Aug 2, 2008
    • level: 12

bendylegsnick wrote:
    besides robin is going to end up with barney. obviously!

and hopefully, but the way shouldnt be straight and narrow.

tiffanychen

[6]Aug 6, 2008
    • level: 3
    your idea is creative !!!
    i really appreciate your idea it can be true ,it's hopeful.if your idea come true it will be the biggest surprise
    i don't want robin end up with Barney ,i love both of them but i still don't want them to be a couple

heroesfan07

[7]Aug 7, 2008
    • level: 21
    I really like Ted & Robin but I don't think she's the mother.There are several reports saying that Sarah Chalke is the mother while others say it's someone different.But if it isn't Robin I would love Stella to be the mother.

Fargo27

[8]Aug 11, 2008
    • level: 1
    Why would the kids be that interested in how their Uncle or some other person met their mother? Would they care? Would you sit there forever to listen to your uncle or someone else tell you how they met your mother?

tkryha

[9]Aug 15, 2008
    • level: 7

I would LOVE that but I dont think so.. Since the kids are calling him dad. Atleast once.

I think Ted/Robin are good together but not great, Robin doesn't want to get married/have kids/etc.. and Ted so desperately wants. So maybe Robin/Barney will be AWESOME together and Ted with the mother of his kids But one can always hope. x)

jenny1013

[10]Aug 20, 2008
    • level: 3

Yeah it could be the possibity.

On the other hand as it was already said in "Purple Giraffe" Ted was reffered as "dad"

and also when Ted´s parents visited him he told the children that they were their grandma and grandpa....so....

skatercutie101

[11]Aug 25, 2008
    • level: 6

I HAVE 2 SAY I LOVE LOVE LOVE THAT THEORY!!!

HOWEVER I HAVE 2 AGREE W/ SOME OF THE POINTS MADE ABOUT THE DAUGHTER CALLING HIM DAD!!

AND I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD BUT AFTER THE LAST SEASON FINALE I LIKE ROBIN AND BARNEY!

I REALLY HOPE THAT THEY CAN FIND SOMEONE EVEN BETTER FOR TED THEN ROBIN OR STELLA BECAUSE I LIKE HIM W/ THEM SOO MUCH AND IT DOESN'T SEEM LIKELY THAT TED WILL END UP W/ STELLA!

EHantzis

[12]Aug 26, 2008
    • level: 5

I was just thinking future ted always says your mother maybe stella is his wife and thats why he says your mother because he is only the step-dad to stella daughter.

i want it to be stella cause Sarah Chalke is awesome.

zampognaro

[13]Sep 12, 2008
    • level: 9
    I have no idea who the mother is ... but one thing is for sure. The '2030' daughter is definitely not Stella's daughter. In 2008, Stella's daughter is 8 years old ... that would make her 30 in 2030. There's no way the girl on the couch is 30. It doesn't mean that Stella is not the mother though ...

CoffeeCake225

[14]Sep 12, 2008
    • level: 15
    i like the theory but im sure that there has been a mention that Ted is the father like one of the kids calling him dad or something. i loved robin and ted but i really like stella and ted now lol. i love sarah chalke and i think she does a great job with the character.

MalcolmLegend

[15]Sep 12, 2008
    • level: 10
    Totalfixation wrote:

In my honest opinion I think ted and robin will end up being together. How I came to this conclusion is i believe the older TED is telling a story of how he met there mother. Which doesnt necessarily mean that the kids are his but instead he could be the uncle. And Aunt Robin could be Ted's wife later in life. I can't recall if older ted ever reference himself as the father. Also i couldnt see any mid-new character, like Stella being the one for Ted. It just seems Robin is the one with the first date "I love you." It could also be a big surprise to find out those kids are Barney's kid. But there are reference to "Uncle Barney" from older Ted.

I feel i could be wrong, but it's a possibility.

Whenever Older Ted tells a story, he says "when i was young i had this problem..." and it shows younger ted having the same problem.

body850

[16]Sep 19, 2008
    • level: 7
    Ted is the father 100% And i dont think stella is the mother bcz she has a girl abut 9-10 years old!

Nomar0907

[18]Oct 2, 2008
    • level: 5
    He is their Father, but maybe he is no longer with their Mother. So he is telling them a story about how he met her. It ended in divorce, he has the kids, and so forth....

Jordan1366

[19]Oct 4, 2008
    • level: 8

Nomar0907 wrote:
    He is their Father, but maybe he is no longer with their Mother. So he is telling them a story about how he met her. It ended in divorce, he has the kids, and so forth....

I thought of that but i dont think that many people would be happy with the entire series like that

downbeat423

[20]Oct 6, 2008
    • level: 6
    My theory is that Ted and Stella we'll marry. But who said that Ted was only married once? Think about that!