How I Met Your Mother Forums

CBS (ended 2014)

Teds Wife Is??????????

Kal-ElofKrypton

[1]May 6, 2008
    • level: 4

I have been going over Season 3 Episode 12 No Tomorrow and I have finally worked out who his wife is. I know it's not Stella. If it was then his daughter would have known how they met and there would be no need for him to tell his kids the story of How I Met Your Mother. We know in the episode No Tomorrow he states that he found out that he was at the same party St Patrick's party their mother was. We know this to be true because of the yellow umbrella that we have heard about in previous episodes. Now I have been watching movies, sitcoms. Drama, sci-fi, thrillers to know when to pick the plot, the killer, the ending and now I have finally worked out who Teds wife is. Now the reason this stood out to me was because there was no need for this scene it had no relevance to what was going on in the show. Even though it lasted for a split second it was the way it was filmed and her reaction to Ted that made me realise that it was her. Ok her it is. When Ted has the dilemma of what to do after finding out that the girl he wants to go home with and leave in the morning with no strings attached he has second thoughts and needs to speak to Barney (Legend...... wait for it Dary) at the bar. This is where it happens. Ted bumps into this female and turns to apologise and she says that's ok. Trust me it's her. With all the clues they have given us since then and before that episode. I am telling you that this woman is Teds Wife. Go back and see for yourself. The scene is just after Lilly finds out that she doesn't really have a ghost in their new apartment and that the floor is crooked. Let me know what you think.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jussten

[2]May 6, 2008
    • level: 9
    Could be or it could be yet another diversion. He was pretty drunk so I'm thinking he bumped into quite a few people that night.

FinalXevv

[3]May 6, 2008
    You do know we pretty much all noticed that right?

ZiquinoNoel

[4]May 6, 2008
    • level: 6

But didn't Ted say that, even though they later knew that both were at that party they didn't meet?. As Ted is the one who tells the story, and assuming he's not liying, I think that girl is not his future wife because if she were, then Ted can't remember her well enough to describe her accurately (otherwise he would realise they did meet at the party and would be liying). So the girl we'll see him meet and eventually marry will have no resemblance at all with that one, even if they were the same person (which we will never know), because as far as Ted can tell they are not.

kanniballl

[5]May 6, 2008
    • level: 18

No offense, you're not the only one who noticed it. A couple of us watching that episode in my house noticed it at the same time watching it live, and I think there was even talk on the boards later too.

Good catch, and like you said it almost seemed deliberately placed by the writers/etc so it may bare fruit.

But it's old news.

steffi_totti

[6]May 6, 2008
    I used to have the same thought as well, but I think at this point it can be anyone and the writers are just out to give hints here and there to open up possibilities. I wonder if the actress was credited though. If she's just the usual background cameos then it's probably small chance that she's the mother.

Kal-ElofKrypton

[7]May 6, 2008
    • level: 4
    kanniballl wrote:

No offense, you're not the only one who noticed it. A couple of us watching that episode in my house noticed it at the same time watching it live, and I think there was even talk on the boards later too.

Good catch, and like you said it almost seemed deliberately placed by the writers/etc so it may bare fruit.

But it's old news.

Sorry for the lattnes of my post but it's good to see that there are others who picked up on it as well. Like some of you have said the writers have probably done this deliberately to throw us of the path. Well it will be interesting to see when we finally get to meet her. I still think that it will not be until Season 5. The reason is he will stay will Stella for at least a season like he did with Robin. Then there will be something that will cause them to split either mid season or a season finale. Probably things will heat up between them and when Lilly and Marshalls floor is finally fixed Ted will get a head of himself like he always does and now that his apartment is empty he will want to have Stella move in with him. But from what we know of Stella this might force her away. Then Ted will be back with Barney (they way I like it) and finally He will meet his Wife at the end of Season 5. SometimesI think I have too much time on my hands.