How I Met Your Mother Forums

CBS (ended 2014)

The mother (SPOILER)

MatejDijanin

[1]May 13, 2013
    • level: 5

hahahaha was the mother was finally shown??SurprisedLaughingor is it another string along?

Edited on 05/13/2013 10:32pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

OdumC

[2]May 14, 2013
    • level: 8
    She was shown.. the facebook fan page posted a pic with her and her one line like MINUTES after the episode aired on the east coast and people lost their f'ing MINDS...

chris_friends

[3]May 14, 2013
    • level: 12
    OdumC wrote:
    She was shown.. the facebook fan page posted a pic with her and her one line like MINUTES after the episode aired on the east coast and people lost their f'ing MINDS...

YES, I WAS ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE.

I was VERY annoyed at that!!! I saw her picture on Facebook like, 3 seconds before the episode aired in my city!!!! And I cursed at Facebook.

Romano338

[4]May 14, 2013
    Bad move indeed. That's why I unsubscribed to all the publications of Tv shows on FB. HIMYM caught me a few times.

If there is no twist and she is really the mother (who knows?!), I really don't like how we saw her (yeah I know I"m a pain in the ---). Looks too "easy"
    We see an entire episode on something else, and at the end, it's like "man, it's the final ep, we should show the mother... here it is, a small clip of her".
    I would have prefer to have something different. Not long, but different.
    Like for example, we see the band at the wedding (we know she's in it) and there is like 3 guys 3 girls. So for like 10 min, we wonder. And then we know, when Ted sees her and discovers her. To see her for the first time (at least her as the future mother) when Ted sees her for the first time.

But I guess I'm too upset at what the show becme to enjoy anything or any path they take

OdumC

[5]May 14, 2013
    I learned the hard way with Walking Dead spoilers (a show where someone that's been in it since the beginning can get killed with NO foreshadowing, and often do) the minute your episode starts, ABANDON THE INTERNET!!

People will go out of their way to broadcast spoilers.. granted, it was bad form for the shows facebook page to post it..

But it had 38k+ shares last night. so for everyone complaining about the spoilers, a LOT of them were also sharing it out sharing the spoilery wealth.
    Edited on 05/17/2013 1:34am

MatejDijanin

[6]May 14, 2013
    • level: 5

Romano338 wrote:
    Bad move indeed. That's why I unsubscribed to all the publications of Tv shows on FB. HIMYM caught me a few times. If there is no twist and she is really the mother (who knows?!), I really don't like how we saw her (yeah I know I"m a pain in the ---). Looks too "easy" We see an entire episode on something else, and at the end, it's like "man, it's the final ep, we should show the mother... here it is, a small clip of her". I would have prefer to have something different. Not long, but different. Like for example, we see the band at the wedding (we know she's in it) and there is like 3 guys 3 girls. So for like 10 min, we wonder. And then we know, when Ted sees her and discovers her. To see her for the first time (at least her as the future mother) when Ted sees her for the first time. But I guess I'm too upset at what the show becme to enjoy anything or any path they take

I actually loved it... It showed that collision course that will shape Ted's and her future... It didn't feel out of place or just put in there to show the mother.. I really find it natural, and more monumental IMO that if we saw her at the wedding... But we still get to see how will ted react on the wedding and on the train station.. This season really had me going from being pissed at ''filler'' content to being pleasantly surprised with barney and robin to being almost heartbroken with Ted's imagined monologue to the mother... And now when we finally saw the mother it felt completely joyous and natural... HIMYM came full circle, we met the mother, now it's time for Ted to meet her...

thrash07

[7]May 15, 2013
    • level: 2
    OdumC wrote:
    I learned the hard way with Walking Dead spoilers (a show where someone that's been in it since the beginning can get killed with NO foreshadowing, and often do) the minute your episode starts, ABANDON THE INTERNET!!

People will go out of their way to broadcast spoilers.. granted, it was bad form for the shows facebook page to post it..

But it had 38k+ shares last night. so for everyone complaining about the spoilers, a LOT of them were also sharing it out sharing the spoliery wealth.

THIS. THIS. THIS. THIS. THIS. THIS. I'm lucky to have Uni on Tuesdays so by the time I get home, a torrent is up (I'm in Australia) and it downloads in 2/3 minutes and I miss all the spoilers. Then I go read the posts on Facebook for the lulz of people's replies.