How I Met Your Mother Forums

CBS (ended 2014)

There will be a season 9

Romano338

[1]Dec 21, 2012
    • level: 8

EXCLUSIVE: My news will be cheered byfans of the CBScomedy and follows the network logging a second consecutive Monday win in adults 18-49 and total viewers.For those keeping score, the hourlong winter finale of How I Met Your Mother (3.4/9) was up 6% from last week's half-hour episode.That Monday lineup took a hit this fall facing competition from The Voice and suffering from the move of Two And A Half Men to Thursday, so it was important for CBS to secure HIMYM for another season -especially as another tough negotiation with Warner Bros for Two And A Half Men is coming up. Now HIMYM's9th season is secure even if the network and the studio and the cast are keeping mum right now. (Meanwhile I stopped watching after Season 2 because I can't stand not knowingwho the mom is, dammit.) Of course there was drama aplenty culminating today whenall the cast deals closed after hard work by agents and managers and lawyers and executives and after an 11th hour turnaround of Jason Segel who wasset on bailing.

http://www.deadline.com/hollywood/

Correct me if I misunderstood that article, but it means there will be a 9th season, right?

If so, huge mistake IMO.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

bennett10

[2]Dec 22, 2012
    • level: 4

Yes, there will be a season 9.

All of the cast members signed, including Jason Segel.

I'm not sure how I feel about it. I think Ted will meet the mother by the end of this season and then Season 9 will be getting to know her.

I think it could be good. We've seen so many failed relationships that almost made it for Ted, so it would be kind of cool to see the one that actually works out.

briantripp

[3]Dec 22, 2012
    • level: 2

From the article that I read on the Internet, Season 9 is going to be the final season which means we will finally meet the mother. I really hope that its a full season 9 (22-24 episodes) and not just 12 episodes like they did with some of the series finales this season. So I guess since they were writing this season as it was the last, they are going to have to rewrite some stuff to make it last through season 9? I can't wait to see how this season ends and how the final one will begin to wrap things up.

Romano338

[4]Dec 23, 2012
    Well, season 8 was supposed to be the final from what I read on internet, so we don't know about the 9th.
    Sometimes it was not a full season because some cast members didn't wanted to have a full season (ex: Aniston in Friends). I know Segel was not really for others seasons, so maybe he signed with conditions?

I'm not enthusiast about a 9th season. S7 was not that good, season is not really either. They are starting to have less and less stories and the level is clearly lower than it used to be. They are making main stories longer and longer to have materail for a full season.
    And what do we learn? A 9th season!
    If they have to longer the few they have to make an other season and a half, it can become annoying

Kholdstare1

[5]Dec 23, 2012
    • level: 2

From what they have said in last couple of weeks, the makers of show didn't want show to be without any of core 5, and they wanted a last season to be a full order of seasons. I may be only one but I am happy for one final season, barring that they show mother at end of this season and setup last season to show why she was "The ONE"

hell693

[6]Dec 26, 2012
    • level: 11
    this show is awesome and they deserve a 9th season.

Romano338

[7]Jan 15, 2013
    I'm more and more reticent to watch the episodes.
    I want too but I'm scared to not like it.
    I was feeling like that before whatching episode 13, and the episode bored me.

RohanWillcock

[8]Jan 16, 2013
    • level: 3
    I think they will make 20+ episodes and cut it short to about 10 or so episodes just like they do to all the shows.

I will be sad to see it end, but happy to see who the mother turns out to be, and see if she has turned up in earlier episodes, I think she has been in and out of episodes over the last year or so.

kcs_niagara_usa

[9]Jan 21, 2013

c/o

rohan....I have thought this too..

as it seems they like to be that type

of smart orc,ever humor...

Romano338

[10]Jan 23, 2013
    Am I the only one who thinks Marshall & Lily's story is boring since they had the child, and that Robin & Barney together and getting married is already boring?

faugraham

[11]Jan 25, 2013
    • level: 10
    Romano338 wrote:
    Am I the only one who thinks Marshall & Lily's story is boring since they had the child, and that Robin & Barney together and getting married is already boring?

No, I feel the same. A 9th season is a huge mistake. This season has had some good episodes, but the majority was not so good. It's the same old same over and over again. They should wrap it up this season, make it more intense to go with a bang.

RaizenYusuke

[12]Feb 4, 2013
    • level: 28

I'm hopeful for the 9th season. My main problem with season 8 is that it is focusing on Barney and Robin and Ted's stories have gotten quite lame. The writerswrote themselves into a corner with Ted.His character development has frozen in place, because he can't go further without actually meeting the mother. He can't meet the mother until Barney and Robin's wedding. As a result we have silly Ted problems that are more filler than anything signifcant when you compare it to storylines in earlier seasons.

I hated the idea of the final season being about Barney and Robin and then the last episode be that Ted meets the mom and the series ends. I am fine with a 9th season so long as it focuses on Ted and the mother and show us why they are meant to be. At this stage I feel like we have to see Ted and mother's relationship for at least half a season. We passed the stage where the series can end with Ted offically meeting the mom and ending with Future Ted telling his kids they know the rest IMO. The show has been too focused on Barney and Robin and it has gotten boring. I'm not invested in their relationship at all.

munz

[13]Apr 28, 2013
    • level: 1
    thats rught i feel bore watching most of season 8 ep. also the should have finished the series this season as an extra season will be like the others 20 episodes different stories + 4 episodes the main story !

MichaelChiu

[14]May 7, 2013
    • level: 1
    munz wrote:
    thats rught i feel bore watching most of season 8 ep. also the should have finished the series this season as an extra season will be like the others 20 episodes different stories + 4 episodes the main story !

I feel the same way. In season 8, the only episode that I truly enjoyed was "The Time Travelers". I realized that it had a lot to do with the fact that I enjoyed the show more when they were single, or at least w/o kids, and hung out at the bar as singles, doing the crazy shit that we all do at bars. It made the show a lot more fun, but with Lily and Marshall having a baby, and Barney struggling to be committed to Robin, though wanting to go back to his Playbook days, but trying to get Ted to do the dirty work, it just doesn't seem to work anymore. I guess it has to happen based on the name of the show... maybe I'm just not ready to grow up already... or maybe it was because I was single when the show started so it was a lot more relevant to me, but now that I am married, I just want to relive my bachelor days vicariously through Ted and Barney...