How I Met Your Mother Forums

CBS (ended 2014)

Van Smoot - Important?

JackFr67

[1]Dec 3, 2010
    • level: 4

"Best Prom Ever" - Mashall and Lily get Van Smoot house

"Something Borrowed" - Marshall and Lily (I think) get married there

"Robots vs. Wrestlers" - Ted goes to a pretentious party hosted by Van Smoot

"Natural History" - We find out that Zoey's last name is Van Smoot, presumably by marriage.

Is there some connection between all of these?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

CharmedOneP391

[2]Dec 6, 2010
    • level: 19

Since Zoey's last name is Van Smoot..I'm thinking that "The Captain"'s last name is most like Van Smoot & actually has been around a lot of these events or whatnot in the HIMYM continuity and that he's going to renew his wedding vows to Zoey in the season finale and that's where Ted will meet the mother.

Or it could just be something the writers always use as a running gag..like the Ulee's Gold being in every crossword because of the vowels...haha "its because of the vowels!!"

HIMYM19

[3]Dec 6, 2010
    • level: 1
    CharmedOneP391 wrote:

Since Zoey's last name is Van Smoot..I'm thinking that "The Captain"'s last name is most like Van Smoot & actually has been around a lot of these events or whatnot in the HIMYM continuity and that he's going to renew his wedding vows to Zoey in the season finale and that's where Ted will meet the mother.

Or it could just be something the writers always use as a running gag..like the Ulee's Gold being in every crossword because of the vowels...haha "its because of the vowels!!"

idk if you posted this before or after the punchy episode, but ted is gonna meet the mother most likely at punchy's wedding

CharmedOneP391

[4]Dec 6, 2010
    • level: 19

HIMYM19 wrote:
    CharmedOneP391 wrote:

idk if you posted this before or after the punchy episode, but ted is gonna meet the mother most likely at punchy's wedding

I know that Ted is supposed to be Punchy's best man..but like others have brought up on other threads why would Punchy's wedding be in New York? and why would the gang be at Punchy's wedding when they seemed to not even like him? and why would the mother know Punchy if Ted went to high school with him? etc. Ive been looking at that as a red herring.