How I Met Your Mother Forums

CBS (ended 2014)

Where is Ted?!

Romano338

[1]Dec 4, 2012
    • level: 8

Where is Ted?

The show is about Ted Mosby telling his kids how he met their mother!
    Now it's ALL about Barney and Robin and Ted has no story! And this Barney/Robin thing is getting really annoying. It always the same approach and the same result.
    Nothing is going on in his life. We are far far away from meeting the mother.

And putting the "meeting the mother" thing asides, Ted is the 5th character now. It was better when he had great stories and was a main character.

Edited on 12/05/2012 12:16am
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

kcs_niagara_usa

[2]Dec 6, 2012

Touche' but think about this:

If it is ALWAYs about ted, we never would get to know

marshall's quirks, barney's lifestyLe and...robin/lily's

female insight...and after 200+or so ep's...all about ted,

would be boring!

Romano338

[3]Dec 6, 2012

They never did "all about Ted", and that's not what I'm asking for.

There is a HUGE gap between "all about Ted" and "Ted is almost not even in the episode" like right now

Edited on 12/06/2012 11:14pm

RaizenYusuke

[4]Dec 8, 2012
    • level: 28

I know what you mean. It feels like as the season progressed Ted's storyline has gotten put further and further in the background. The last two seasons have been Robin/Barney centric. I do like character arcs the other characters have gone though. Barney finding his biological father and realizing he wants a meaningful relationship and family. Marshall's losing his father, becoming a father himself, and an environmental lawyer along with Robin becoming a journalist. Ted's stories have just been kind of dull the last few seasons and feel like it is moving at snail pace. Barney and Robin's story is just boring now. It is the same thing and it is getting stupid.

Barney broke up with Quin and Robin broke up with the guy (that they just threw in there at the start of this season) and instead of getting closer like we expected. They are still dancing around each other and getting new girlfriends/boyfriends keeping each other at bay. I don't want to watch a whole season devoted to Barney and Robin again and Ted meets the mom in the last few episodes to end the series. That is stupid to make the series end with Barney and Robin's romance and have Ted meeting the mother be the B plot. I almost want another season after this one, only because Robin and Barney stuff wrapped up the series can focus on Ted and the mother.

Edited on 12/08/2012 12:56pm

Romano338

[5]Dec 12, 2012
    Only Ted's story in the last episode?
    Him finding his stuff at Barney's place.
    Wow, his life is definitely moving forward!

RaizenYusuke

[6]Dec 12, 2012
    • level: 28
    Ted's story needs to get a jump start. Victoria story ended too soon. It could have gotten more time and acual development to see if it actually helped Ted develop into the person he is in the future.