How I Met Your Mother Forums

CBS (ended 2014)

Who's your favorite of all of Ted's girls up to now?

Who is your favorite of all of Ted's girlfriends/dates/acquaintances up to now?

DavidBarro

[1]Mar 6, 2011
    • level: 4

I'm starting to lose patience with the main show plot. Reason being, I've actually REALLY liked some of Ted's girlfriends over the years. So I thought I'd ask, who's your favorite? If you had to choose just one... Keep in mind, we're talking not just about the girl but the PAIRING of the girl with Ted.

If you have someone else in mind, do tell!!

Personally, I LOVE ZOEY!!! That's mainly because I love Jennifer Morrison

After Zoey, my favorite was Victoria.. Gosh, I loved her.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

BundyX75

[2]Mar 6, 2011
    • level: 6

Victoria, bar none. I guess Robin would be close, but I tried to relate this to just their relationship with Ted, and while season two is awesome, I don't attribute that to the relationship with Robin. Zoey is the only one specifically mentioned that I don't like. I just don't find her funny at all.

jimedfrost

[3]Mar 6, 2011

From A Writer's stand point I love the story of ted and robin, but from a romantic I Still find ted with victoria there chemistry worked so well that it was almost painful to have such a sad ending to that relationship. And me being a romantic I still see Victoria as the mother. even though it has been stated that, that is otherwise not so.

survivorgal

[4]Mar 7, 2011
    • level: 10

I only like Victoria and Robin. Victoria because she was actually nice, and Robin because she's awesome. Stella was annoying and I hate the way she left Ted at the altar. I hated everything about her. But I really hate Zoey even more. She's a nightmare. I hate her so much. Hope she leaves as soon as possible.

historylover20

[5]Mar 7, 2011
    • level: 28

Oh, hands down--Victoria.

Kat

DavidBarro

[6]Mar 7, 2011
    jimedfrost wrote:

From A Writer's stand point I love the story of ted and robin, but from a romantic I Still find ted with victoria there chemistry worked so well that it was almost painful to have such a sad ending to that relationship. And me being a romantic I still see Victoria as the mother. even though it has been stated that, that is otherwise not so.

So, you're saying you're a writer? Let me ask, what kind of emphasis would you place on correct spelling, punctuation and grammar, what with educational standards being the way they are in this day and age? This is something that's on my mind a lot and it's not meant in any way to be critical of you.

There's some good points people raise about relationships. I like Zoey but for completely different reasons why I like Robin or Victoria. There's a definite progression in Ted's relationships. Let's follow:

1. Victoria -- she was sweet and innocent in many ways like a child. That's the first love that everyone dreams of. You NEVER forget your first love! (Okay, I know that it was not Ted's first love, but it's the first in terms of this show). Even though they were adults, Victoria was childlike much like the cupcakes and sweets she baked for a living.

2. Robin -- she's more like a dude. She can hang out with the dudes, and she's definitely not "innocent", per se. It's really more representative of young life that's strong and ready to take on the freakin' world, much like Robin's desires to advance in career. Still, she likes cigars, scotch, barfights and hockey! DUDE STUFF!

3. Stella -- more complicated, definitely all woman. She has very "adult" problems, not the least of which is that she came off a bit self-centered and b**chy. She totally screwed Ted over, but at the same time, Ted advanced dramatically in his own life as a direct result of the whole deal, with his teaching position. So, it's a win for Ted in the long run.

4. Zoey -- she represents what happens when you've already settled in life. In her real life, she felt trapped and suffocated in her relationship with The Captain, so she reached out to embrace causes much like a young protester or activist. However, in her relations with Ted, she's now looking at Ted as the youthful love she missed by pairing up with The Captain, so there's a kind of role reversal there. This I think is like real life in that as we mature, so do the relationships we have. The ones that don't mature don't last long. Man, I just hope that we actually DO meet the Mother on this show (and not have to guess as to who she is)!

JackFr67

[7]Mar 7, 2011
    I love how realistic Victoria was. Like she looked like a real person, as opposed to some model.

DavidBarro

[8]Mar 8, 2011
    JackFr67 wrote:
    I love how realistic Victoria was. Like she looked like a real person, as opposed to some model.

I think that was due to her above-average-sized rack and the fact that she had what appeared to be "baby fat", which Hollywood frowns upon and treats like leprosy. Personally, I only loved her more because of it!

JNorRock

[9]Mar 8, 2011

DavidBarro wrote:
    JackFr67 wrote:
    I think that was due to her above-average-sized rack and the fact that she had what appeared to be "baby fat", which Hollywood frowns upon and treats like leprosy. Personally, I only loved her more because of it!

Speaking as a guy... Yes she had a great "above-average-sized rack", but her personality was good. I'm surprised she's been mentioned so much since she hasn't been around sine the middle of the first season. She had good chemistry with Ted and the reason they broke up was kind of weird, yeah we now know she can't be the mother but she was a good fit. Plus I think I saw somewhere that if HIMYM wasn't renewed the creators were going to make her the mother

TeineM

[10]Mar 8, 2011
    • level: 1
    Does it mention that Ted is still with the mother?

Anyways, I loved Victoria by far. They had stellar chemistry and they were so sweet together.

I didn't feel that same connection when Ted and Robin were a couple. I adore them as friends and Ted in big brother mode is so much better.

I loved the story with him and Stella from beginning to end. I enjoyed their entire relationship and hate how she did him wrong but I really like the fact that we got to see this entire story play out.

I cannot stand Zoey. I hope the Captain lets her sleep with the fishes.

historylover20

[11]Mar 9, 2011
    • level: 28

TeineM wrote:
    Does it mention that Ted is still with the mother? Anyways, I loved Victoria by far. They had stellar chemistry and they were so sweet together. I didn't feel that same connection when Ted and Robin were a couple. I adore them as friends and Ted in big brother mode is so much better. I loved the story with him and Stella from beginning to end. I enjoyed their entire relationship and hate how she did him wrong but I really like the fact that we got to see this entire story play out. I cannot stand Zoey. I hope the Captain lets her sleep with the fishes.

Quoted because you hit the nail on the head. Well, except while I can't stand Zoey, I don't want to hear that she died or anything (but, heh. It would be payback for not liking the boats, wouldn't it?) But, I don't wish anyone's deaths, even fictional characters. Usually.

Kat

BrandonCanute

[12]Mar 21, 2011
    Has anyone else noticed that ted's recent relationships have been with previously married women?

lydzerella

[13]Mar 22, 2011
    I still think I should be Ted's girlfriend, and they should do a contest for who will be the "wife" instead of picking some celeb.

chikanoman

[14]Apr 11, 2011
    • level: 12
    Victoria was extremely boring though, Her and teds romantic side made me nearly vomit sometimes, Ted can't end up with someone as romantic as him IMO.

DresserBoys

[15]Apr 12, 2011
    • level: 18

Not too mention that the relationship shows how selfish the Ted Character is. When it came down to the decision to that they needed to breakup it goes into a long distance relationship that was God Awful and leads to Ted/Robin at odds and the most F'd up moment in the show where Robin doesn't include Ted as her friend in her award speech.

I like the Ted character, but when it comes to the girlfriends he just seems to get weird.

Canogaparkcindy

[16]Apr 12, 2011
    • level: 49
    I don't know why, but I loved Stella with Ted. The "Ten Sessions" episode, the season 3 finale, I really thought Stella was the mother. I was hoping. I liked her the best. Don't get why everyone is so in love with Victoria though

chikanoman

[17]Apr 13, 2011
    • level: 12
    Yep Stella for mine, she was the best.

Sagerian

[18]Apr 13, 2011
    • level: 9
    Victoria by far, she was amazing.

DavidBarro

[19]Apr 13, 2011

Sagerian wrote:
    Victoria by far, she was amazing.

Agreed, and it's just a shame that Ted did what he did. He really blew it that time. Shame on Ted! Although Stella more than made up for that in terms of punishment.

cliffsanford

[20]Apr 16, 2011

I like Victoria because of the chemistry that she and Ted shared. Unlike the others there wasn't a glaring flaw, or at least we never got to it so I guess that's why she's seen in such a good light. That and if you think about it that was the only serious relationship that ended with Ted being in the wrong. He and Robin agreed that they wanted different things. Stella left him at the altar for Tony (karma for Victoria). It remains to be seen what happens with Zoey.