How I Met Your Mother Forums

CBS (ended 2014)

Who's your favorite of all of Ted's girls up to now?

Who is your favorite of all of Ted's girlfriends/dates/acquaintances up to now?

  • Avatar of Igarka

    Igarka

    [41]Jul 17, 2011
    • member since: 02/24/08
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 946

    Victoria! No other comes close.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of yutg25

    yutg25

    [42]Jul 20, 2011
    • member since: 01/18/11
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 205

    DavidBarro wrote:


    Sagerian wrote:
    Victoria by far, she was amazing.



    Agreed, and it's just a shame that Ted did what he did. He really blew it that time. Shame on Ted! Although Stella more than made up for that in terms of punishment.




    There was just something about Victoria. They were together for a night and it was wait for it...MAGICAL!


    As I understand the story if the show wasn't renewed Victoria would have been the mother. I hope the Final mother will be even better or else it will be wierd.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of yutg25

    yutg25

    [43]Jul 20, 2011
    • member since: 01/18/11
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 205

    ral4884 wrote:


    Have we heard from Victoria lately? Is it Possible that she didnt make it over there ( forget where she went ). Is it possible she came back and was in teds class and that shes cindys roomate? Is it possible it was her umbrella? That would be awesome because shes def my favorite.



    Victoria went to Germany. She should be finished by now and at Buttercup. I'm not sure but I think the mother is a blonde. It would be weird if they bring Victoria back especially if she finds out about what Ted did. Would love to see her though

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of historylover20

    historylover20

    [44]Jul 20, 2011
    • member since: 10/06/05
    • level: 28
    • rank: Disco Stu
    • posts: 6,794

    Also, in "Lucky Penny," Ted said that he hadn't met his future wife yet. He says that if he got that job in Chicago, he would have never stayed in New York and met the Mother. This implies that he has not met her yet.


    Plus, he meets the Mother the day of Barney's wedding.


    Victoria, Robin, Trudy, Wendy, etc. are ruled out because he already knew them. As much I as I love Victoria and would love to see her be back and be the Mother.


    Stella would have been a likely candidate, because he met her after that episode. I'm glad that she's not.


    Kat


    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ultimateTVfan

    ultimateTVfan

    [45]Sep 20, 2011
    • member since: 05/21/11
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 6

    Without a doubt Victoria for me, but I may be a bit influenced by the fact that she's the kind of girl I would date. If she were real I would be all over her!


    She was great with Ted, they had real chemistry and I could have seen them stay together. But we might still get to see that happen after all now that she's apparently back! I'm rooting for those two, also because I just want to see more of Victoria, she's so amazing!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of VLONEWOLFV

    VLONEWOLFV

    [46]Sep 20, 2011
    • member since: 07/15/05
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 37

    It has always been Victoria for me. I used to come up with ways that all of the clues could still add up to her.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of valmiraa

    valmiraa

    [47]Oct 22, 2011
    • member since: 03/19/07
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 82
    I really liked Victoria, she looks like a perfect match for Ted!! She was sweet, caring and a little childish but in a cute way! And we know that everyone teases Ted for being too romantic and sensitive, so she would be a perfect match for him.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Srint

    Srint

    [48]Oct 22, 2011
    • member since: 03/15/04
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 4
    I know she turned out to be a lesbian, but I liked the mother's known roommate, Rachel Bilson's character as a girfriend for Ted.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of hell693

    hell693

    [49]Oct 23, 2011
    • member since: 09/23/11
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 646
    Robin was the best of Teds girlfriends.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Rachel_225

    Rachel_225

    [50]Oct 24, 2011
    • member since: 02/17/09
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 53
    DaniMachado0 wrote:

    Victoria? God, I hated her! Stella was ok at first, I started to like her a lot in "Ten Sessions" but I disliked her again soon after, even before the whole running away with Tony thing.


    I secretly still hope Robin is the mom. I think I have hated all the other girls because I have always wanted them to be together. So whoever actually is, I won't like her.

    Me too! I really hope it is Robin. I think the only thing I have written on these forums is about how much I want it to be Robin, haha. But unless they find some great 'twist' to make her the mother... I dont think it will be. How could you get around the writers calling her 'Aunt Robin?'.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of valmiraa

    valmiraa

    [51]Oct 27, 2011
    • member since: 03/19/07
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 82

    I am really surprised how people still think that the mother could be Robin....I understand that they liked her as Ted's girlfriend but she most definitely is not the mother...


    Ted's wife was Cindy's roommate, she was in the class of Ted's first day as professor , so based on this Robin could never be the mother as much as some people would want to...


    I know the writers could make some sort of twist or mess things up but really that would just be non sense, that's just my opinion...



    Plus the kids call her "aunt Robin"...pleaseee..

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of historylover20

    historylover20

    [52]Oct 28, 2011
    • member since: 10/06/05
    • level: 28
    • rank: Disco Stu
    • posts: 6,794

    valmiraa wrote:


    I am really surprised how people still think that the mother could be Robin....I understand that they liked her as Ted's girlfriend but she most definitely is not the mother...


    Ted's wife was Cindy's roommate, she was in the class of Ted's first day as professor , so based on this Robin could never be the mother as much as some people would want to...


    I know the writers could make some sort of twist or mess things up but really that would just be non sense, that's just my opinion...



    Plus the kids call her "aunt Robin"...pleaseee..



    Applauding this post.


    Kat

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Samuel2484

    Samuel2484

    [53]Oct 30, 2011
    • member since: 01/07/09
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 1,097

    I liked Trudy even if she was a one night stand...twice. I know she ain't gonna be the mum but I'm just saying I thought she was a cool sexy character for ted to hook up with. Also just out of curiosity, how aren't they taking advantage of Barney being in a relationship right now? As in why isn't Ted scoring chicks at the moment? Rather than STILL looking for that god damn "the one". I'm fine with him wanting to find her, but I'm getting tired of him talk about it, either let him meet someone special, or let him have some hook ups for a bit. I wanna see the guy be a little bit happy rather than constantly complaining come on...

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of zampognaro

    zampognaro

    [54]Nov 11, 2011
    • member since: 03/13/08
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 141
    It's gotta be Victoria .. they had the best chemistry on screen together
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of sduvoisin

    sduvoisin

    [55]Nov 16, 2011
    • member since: 01/24/08
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 102

    For me it's a toss up between Stella & Victoria. I picked Stella. But here's why I liked them both.


    Victoria's outlook on life was so similiar to Ted's. She came up with the idea not to swap last names. She proposed that the kiss was great because of the lead up. She is thrilled when Ted finds her the next day. Ted is like that. He is romantic and has crazy ideas and is very idealistic. Their relationship validated each other's view points and it was just fun. Not to mention they had amazing on screen chemistry. I remember watching Season 1 and thinking (this is the real mother and she's better for him than Robin.)


    Stella on the other hand was this responsible and thoughtful adult. They say Ted has been walking around being a dad without a kid. Well Stella was a mom with a kid. The role she played was a wake up call to Ted. Calling me away from the fun and games of youth and into the responsibility of adulthood. They had a really good cute meet and ten sessions is one of my favorite episodes. However their relationship put our a theory that the show will have to debunk in some way shape or form. "Never invite an ex to your wedding." Robin is going to be at Ted's wedding. There is no question. Ted is going to be at Robin's wedding. There is no question. The writers will have to find a way to make that work. Their relationship ended with this idea that an ex at a wedding screws everything up. Stella running off with Tony (which I almost cried when that happened. Poor Ted.)


    I knew that nothing serious was going to happen with Zoey and while I was rooting for the whole Robin thing to work out and her kids are "modern" and don't call their mom "Mom" I knew it was a pipe dream. It's time for the mother to show up. And it may happen sooner rather than later. I just hope she's got some imagination and the ability to dream like Victoria but is grounded and stable like Stella. A realistic dreamer.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of pudgebyrd722

    pudgebyrd722

    [56]Apr 8, 2012
    • member since: 09/07/09
    • level: 51
    • rank: I Broke TV.com (Shatterdaymorn)
    • posts: 1,365
    My favorite was Victoria. I was rewatching most of Season 1 today and thought Victoria was perfect for Ted. It's a shame she went to Germany, and also a shame how Ted handled the long distance thing with her and Robin. I was glad to see her again earlier this season but disappointed she was getting married.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of RaizenYusuke

    RaizenYusuke

    [57]Apr 22, 2012
    • member since: 06/15/05
    • level: 28
    • rank: Disco Stu
    • posts: 8,061

    sduvoisin wrote:


    For me it's a toss up between Stella & Victoria. I picked Stella. But here's why I liked them both.


    Victoria's outlook on life was so similiar to Ted's. She came up with the idea not to swap last names. She proposed that the kiss was great because of the lead up. She is thrilled when Ted finds her the next day. Ted is like that. He is romantic and has crazy ideas and is very idealistic. Their relationship validated each other's view points and it was just fun. Not to mention they had amazing on screen chemistry. I remember watching Season 1 and thinking (this is the real mother and she's better for him than Robin.)


    Stella on the other hand was this responsible and thoughtful adult. They say Ted has been walking around being a dad without a kid. Well Stella was a mom with a kid. The role she played was a wake up call to Ted. Calling me away from the fun and games of youth and into the responsibility of adulthood. They had a really good cute meet and ten sessions is one of my favorite episodes. However their relationship put our a theory that the show will have to debunk in some way shape or form. "Never invite an ex to your wedding." Robin is going to be at Ted's wedding. There is no question. Ted is going to be at Robin's wedding. There is no question. The writers will have to find a way to make that work. Their relationship ended with this idea that an ex at a wedding screws everything up. Stella running off with Tony (which I almost cried when that happened. Poor Ted.)


    I knew that nothing serious was going to happen with Zoey and while I was rooting for the whole Robin thing to work out and her kids are "modern" and don't call their mom "Mom" I knew it was a pipe dream. It's time for the mother to show up. And it may happen sooner rather than later. I just hope she's got some imagination and the ability to dream like Victoria but is grounded and stable like Stella. A realistic dreamer.


    Well said. I also liked Victoria and Stella for similar reasons you said. The way things ended with Stella made me sad, but the movie thing it pissed me off. I can't see Stella being ok with potraying Ted as this dickish villain. She really was sorry for hurting him.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of charliesmom4

    charliesmom4

    [58]Apr 23, 2012
    • member since: 01/02/10
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 1

    YES! Victoria all the way. I was really disappointed that she was in so few episodes (compared to Stella and Zoey, the latter of whom was pretty bad) when she was introduced. Then I was elated when she came back. Then I was sad again that she can't really be the mother now and that she had to bring up: "You're in love with Robin!" Ugh, that was horrible and ruined her comeback.


    But, yes, Victoria was the sweetest, the most natural, and just all around adorable. I adore Ashley Williams' smile.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of fishherder

    fishherder

    [59]Apr 23, 2012
    • member since: 04/22/12
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 8
    Rachel_225 wrote:
    Me too! I really hope it is Robin. I think the only thing I have written on these forums is about how much I want it to be Robin, haha. But unless they find some great 'twist' to make her the mother... I dont think it will be. How could you get around the writers calling her 'Aunt Robin?'.


    Maybe ted does end up with Robin, but the 'mother' is just a surrogate mother so that Robin and Ted can have kids together? And they decided that the kids would call their real mother 'mum' and adopted mother (Robin) 'Aunt', and that's why Robin is such a big part of their lives.

    Nah just kidding, Robin obviously ends up with Barney.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of gljvd

    gljvd

    [60]Apr 26, 2012
    • member since: 10/20/03
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 30
    DavidBarro wrote:
    jimedfrost wrote:

    From A Writer's stand point I love the story of ted and robin, but from a romantic I Still find ted with victoria there chemistry worked so well that it was almost painful to have such a sad ending to that relationship. And me being a romantic I still see Victoria as the mother. even though it has been stated that, that is otherwise not so.



    So, you're saying you're a writer? Let me ask, what kind of emphasis would you place on correct spelling, punctuation and grammar, what with educational standards being the way they are in this day and age? This is something that's on my mind a lot and it's not meant in any way to be critical of you.

    There's some good points people raise about relationships. I like Zoey but for completely different reasons why I like Robin or Victoria. There's a definite progression in Ted's relationships. Let's follow:

    1. Victoria -- she was sweet and innocent in many ways like a child. That's the first love that everyone dreams of. You NEVER forget your first love! (Okay, I know that it was not Ted's first love, but it's the first in terms of this show). Even though they were adults, Victoria was childlike much like the cupcakes and sweets she baked for a living.


    Really she seemed to be the most adult out of all of them . She was also the only one who was actually in sync with Ted .
    :

    2. Robin -- she's more like a dude. She can hang out with the dudes, and she's definitely not "innocent", per se. It's really more representative of young life that's strong and ready to take on the freakin' world, much like Robin's desires to advance in career. Still, she likes cigars, scotch, barfights and hockey! DUDE STUFF!


    Robin is the most child like actually. When we first met her she extremely closed minded to her possible future. Kind of like a kid first going to college having already picked their major.

    Robin has grown alot over the years and has really become a woman who seems to finally be at the same stage Victoria was when we first met her.

    :
    3. Stella -- more complicated, definitely all woman. She has very "adult" problems, not the least of which is that she came off a bit self-centered and b**chy. She totally screwed Ted over, but at the same time, Ted advanced dramatically in his own life as a direct result of the whole deal, with his teaching position. So, it's a win for Ted in the long run.


    Stella already had what Ted wants. By going with stella he was trying to kick start his life and skip over the most important parts Ted wants nothing more to be married and a father and Stella could have given him both very quickly . I think she was writen in to teach Ted that there are no short cuts in life. She is after all the one who tells ted that woman he loves is trying to find him as fast as she can.

    :

    4. Zoey -- she represents what happens when you've already settled in life. In her real life, she felt trapped and suffocated in her relationship with The Captain, so she reached out to embrace causes much like a young protester or activist. However, in her relations with Ted, she's now looking at Ted as the youthful love she missed by pairing up with The Captain, so there's a kind of role reversal there. This I think is like real life in that as we mature, so do the relationships we have. The ones that don't mature don't last long. Man, I just hope that we actually DO meet the Mother on this show (and not have to guess as to who she is)!


    Well I think Zoey was horrible and personaly I believe she was writen as a way to teach ted to put aside his more childish tendencys . If you look at Zoey she acts like ted does in his past relationships. It took her a very short time to fall in love with Ted and leave her husband . Ted has quickly fallin love with Robin (he tells her on their first date ) he falls for Victoria right away and so on . I think through her he is going to learn how to take things slower with future wome n
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.