How I Met Your Mother Forums

CBS (ended 2014)

Who's your favorite of all of Ted's girls up to now?

Who is your favorite of all of Ted's girlfriends/dates/acquaintances up to now?

gljvd

[61]Apr 26, 2012
    • level: 1

valmiraa wrote:

I am really surprised how people still think that the mother could be Robin....I understand that they liked her as Ted's girlfriend but she most definitely is not the mother...

Ted's wife was Cindy's roommate, she was in the class of Ted's first day as professor , so based on this Robin could never be the mother as much as some people would want to...

I know the writers could make some sort of twist or mess things up but really that would just be non sense, that's just my opinion...

Plus the kids call her "aunt Robin"...pleaseee..

I love Victoria and I wish she was the mother. But I can see Robin being the mother for the simple fact that they work extremely well together. Victoria was very simlar to ted while Robin is very diffrent. Sometimes that proves to make a stronger relationship.

Anyway Its most likely going to be Barney's half sister.

We know the mom is / was in college when his sister is away at college.

We know the mom was in the classroom he wrongly went to his first day teaching.

We know she was in the City at Saint patricks day the day he was a ass .

So my theory is that its Robins wedding (I would like it to be barney but with only 3 epsiodes left this season i dunno how that will happen) and he is watching Robin walking up to the altar and they do a little flash back to them fist meeting and some key moments in their past and she breaks eye contact with him and walks to her husband (once again hopefully barney) and as they are giving the vows.

We get old Ted doing a voice over saying something about his relationship with Robin and blah blah blah all the while the camera is pulling back over the bride's maids and Older Ted says something to the effect that when your finally able to let go of the past the future comes rushing in and when i looked away from your Aunt Robin there was your mom looking back at me. Credits for the season roll and we start season 8 off with that plot line still dangling till just before sweeps where we meet the mother.

The only thing I dn't like about the wedding angle is that he met Victoria at a wedding.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Samuel2484

[62]Apr 27, 2012
    • level: 16

gljvd wrote:

valmiraa wrote:

I am really surprised how people still think that the mother could be Robin....I understand that they liked her as Ted's girlfriend but she most definitely is not the mother...

Ted's wife was Cindy's roommate, she was in the class of Ted's first day as professor , so based on this Robin could never be the mother as much as some people would want to...

I know the writers could make some sort of twist or mess things up but really that would just be non sense, that's just my opinion...

Plus the kids call her "aunt Robin"...pleaseee..

Originally the mother was going to be the woman he bumped into on Siant Patrick's day but they crapped that partiular idea because EVERYONE caught onto it. However it was still SOMEONE at the club that night

I love Victoria and I wish she was the mother. But I can see Robin being the mother for the simple fact that they work extremely well together. Victoria was very simlar to ted while Robin is very diffrent. Sometimes that proves to make a stronger relationship.

Anyway Its most likely going to be Barney's half sister.

We know the mom is / was in college when his sister is away at college.

We know the mom was in the classroom he wrongly went to his first day teaching.

We know she was in the City at Saint patricks day the day he was a ass .

So my theory is that its Robins wedding (I would like it to be barney but with only 3 epsiodes left this season i dunno how that will happen) and he is watching Robin walking up to the altar and they do a little flash back to them fist meeting and some key moments in their past and she breaks eye contact with him and walks to her husband (once again hopefully barney) and as they are giving the vows.

We get old Ted doing a voice over saying something about his relationship with Robin and blah blah blah all the while the camera is pulling back over the bride's maids and Older Ted says something to the effect that when your finally able to let go of the past the future comes rushing in and when i looked away from your Aunt Robin there was your mom looking back at me. Credits for the season roll and we start season 8 off with that plot line still dangling till just before sweeps where we meet the mother.

The only thing I dn't like about the wedding angle is that he met Victoria at a wedding.

historylover20

[63]Apr 28, 2012
    • level: 28

gljvd wrote:

I can actually see that, though. Weddings and marriages have always been important in this show. Ted wanting to find a wife started when Marshall proposed to Lily in the pilot. In fact, the very first scene of this show was a practice proposal. Ted met Victoria, the first serious contender for the Mother, at a wedding. Robin and Ted made their break-up public at a wedding (Marshall and Lily's). Robin realizing that she still had feelings for Barney happened at a wedding.

It kind of makes sense to me that Ted would meet his wife at a wedding.

Kat

JaneMary195

[64]Jun 11, 2012
    • level: 1

Does it ever actually say that Ted met his wife at BARNEY'S wedding? Was it not just at a wedding? He met Victoria at a wedding? Although I don't know if she will be the mother if she has been reintroduced at this stage - I think if they fail one more time the audience will lose interest? Plus he did cheat on her with Robin - I think Ted needs to meet someone without having messed it up, I doubt the creators will have had Ted cheat on his wife.