How I Met Your Mother Forums

CBS (ended 2014)

Worst episode ever

Endoplasmic888

[1]May 2, 2012
    • level: 7

I think personally my least favourite is the wedding bride. I just hate how it made Ted seem so miserable and no one was supporting him and everyone just seemed out of character. It was also really over the top and stupid IMO

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

JaiCSC

[2]May 2, 2012
    • level: 17

My top worst.

5: Last Cigarette Ever/46 Minutes

4: The Wedding Bride

3: Say Cheese

2: Baby Talk

1: Slapsgiving 2 (Big Surprise there)

I can imagine Burning Bee Keeper and Zoo or Falsebeing high up for most people but for me Burning Beekeeper was just really really boring and Zoo or Falsewas just nonsensical. I picked my top 5 because those are the episodes that I think are straight up insulting me as aviewer and made me exceptionally angry.

historylover20

[3]May 3, 2012
    • level: 28

The Rough Patch. I HATED that episode. As much as I snark and criticize some of the other episodes, they aren't nearly as bad as this episode. In fact, there's no competition there.

This episode was the turning point for me, in fact.

Kat

jekyll

[4]May 3, 2012
    • level: 86

I forget the title, but from about two seasons ago where the guys wanted to be in fights to prove they were tough.

Samuel2484

[5]May 3, 2012
    • level: 16

The episode where Lily is a birthday brat. I didn't like her before that episode but in this one she became the definition of a bitch. She was really mean, up her own ass and I just wanted to punch her near the end. I don't care if she had a point that Ted kept inviting girls to their private special occasions, it was still really mean of her to be like that to both Ted and his date.

A real friend would support Ted, but so far she's criticized every single one of his girlfriends, did things in secret to get him to break up with them, and then become a complete birthday brat causing her to be incredibly horrible to Ted's date. And then Marshall followed her way and SHOUTED at Ted's date for accidentally getting the age wrong BESIDES MAKING THE BIRTHDAY CAKE FOR LILY. Marshall was also an ass in that episode.

It wasn't very funny the only thing in that episode that worked was Barney's pose for pictures and Robin trying to get him to mess up before the picture took.

But Lily and Marshall pissed me off so much in that episode that I actually skip it when I'm watching the Season 5 DVD episodes

ViviXvivi

[6]May 5, 2012
    • level: 1

historylover20 wrote:

The Rough Patch. I HATED that episode. As much as I snark and criticize some of the other episodes, they aren't nearly as bad as this episode. In fact, there's no competition there.

This episode was the turning point for me, in fact.

Kat

I actually love this episode, well not love, but i kinda do like it. I think it's more sad than bad. And it has funny parts like Ted 'acidently' watching the archisexture movie. I just thought/think it's sad that Robin and Barney break up, but even narrator Ted kinda says, that they will come back together. I think the worst episodes are: "Arrivederci, Fiero" "Third Wheel" "Rebound Bro" "The Stinsons" "Old King Clancy" "As Fast as She Can" "The Window" "Last Cigarette Ever" "Say Cheese" "Zoo or False" "The Wedding Bride" "Canning Randy" "Blitzgiving" "46 Minutes" "The Burning Beekeeper" "Karma"

Endoplasmic888

[7]May 5, 2012
    • level: 7
    Arrivederci, Fiero is a really funny episode and one of my favourite episodes. As Fast as She Can was really good too, and the Window was okay.

django_palcich

[8]May 10, 2012
    • level: 3

When you say 'bad' I think 'unwatchable'. There weren't any such episodes. But there were those I wouldn't need to see again (mostly because they are pointless). There are not many, but here (you will notice they start with season 4):

1. The Stinsons

2. Sexless Innkeeper

3. Mermaid Theory

4. Blitzgiving

5. Burning Beekeeper

kcs_niagara_usa

[10]Jan 6, 2013
    • level: 8

blitzgiving...ranks up there as one of my faaaaves..

Kleinke

[11]Jan 8, 2013
    • level: 12
    You must all be forgetting about "The Best Burger in NY" - never ever have I seen an episode, of any show, that has been that bad.

Come to think of it, most of the really awful episodes of any show I've ever seen have been from HIMYM, with a couple of 30 Rock thrown in. No, I'm not gonna start about how much of a HIMYM fan I was during season 1-3, and how terribly downhill things have gotten since... there's quite a few threads like that here on tv.com already. Meet that frickin' mother already, would you please.
    Edited on 01/08/2013 9:37am

Kleinke

[12]Jan 8, 2013
    • level: 12
    Endoplasmic888 wrote:
    ...and everyone just seemed out of character.

I don't really know anymore how it would be for any of the characters to actually be IN character. The writers have certainly taken their liberty with character development. One episode they are the nicest, caring bunch you could think of, next week they're egomaniac a**holes, the lot of them.
    Edited on 01/08/2013 9:40am