How I Met Your Mother Forums

CBS (ended 2014)

Would anyone actually be friends with these five?

RaizenYusuke

[1]May 14, 2012
    • level: 28

I am curious.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

kcs_niagara_usa

[2]May 14, 2012
    • level: 8

I know - when you think of your life, and it has aLot of

"zany" moments/days, etc - and frankly the show would be boring

iF they went thru the routines of nothing happening - lol -

-

And, your friends, in the heyday of going out and things has

its moments, and a GREAT circle of friends - has every type of

barney, robin, lily,ted, and marshall - - - BUT I AGREE w/ this POST:

and how often do you really have (4) Friends, say from TED's perspective

or (barney) - - I could see ONE maybe hanging out w/ marshall -but-

now that he is married/family dad, etc - he wouldn't have the time to be around ,

leaving ted and barney to chill out - but they have such a contrast they need

marshall - which leads back to all 5 able to be friends, (not to mention) robin and lily..

-

CharmedOneP391

[3]May 15, 2012
    • level: 19

sh*t I would be friends with them. But my sense of humor is very similar to that of these 5 characters so...I guess it really depends on that. Even if you watch the gag reels, I think I'd still be friends with the cast even..they look like they have an awesome time doing the show

Nashirathena

[4]May 17, 2012
    • level: 14

Seasons 1-3? Yeah, totally. Season 4, eh, in that way where we share a mutual friend who invites them to a lot of stuff. Season 5 on, no, totally not.

kingoftheozone

[5]May 19, 2012
    • level: 2

Yeah, i guess i could be friends with some of them (of course, I'm only 18, so that would be kinda weird). I could see myself hanging out with barney, and I could see Ted and Marshall just being all-around good friends to have.

andrekus

[6]May 20, 2012
    • level: 3

I could be friends with Barney and Ted and I'd kill to be much more than friends with Robin. Tongue out

The only two I cannot stand are Lily and Marshall. I've had enough of Lily ever since the episode she admitted to breaking up Ted with a few girls. It was no business of hers. That and every episode since where she's describing all the gross stuff that goes along with having a baby. My patience with Marshall has been going downhill for a while but it hit rock bottom when the two of them made up the rule for Ted not to come to them unless it's at least 8 out of 10. Are they supreme, all-knowing beings just because Lily plopped out a kid? They are both idiots.

Babies are usually murder for a show's enjoyment so I'm gearing up for a very annoying season. I've been struggling to ignore all the baby crap on The Office and now will have to do the same with How I Met Your Mother. As soon as the kid shows up the parents turning into annoying, unfunny, pathetic jerks.

RaizenYusuke

[7]May 26, 2012
    • level: 28

It is not that they are all knowing now it is just that they are parents. Realistically new parents get overwhelmed and Ted is a clinging friend at this point. When you are sleep deprived, trying to figure out if you are doing it right, and all that lovely stuff you become irritable and less patient with people.The 8/10 isn't so much as they are too good for Ted, but more of a reminder that "bro we love you, but you have to realize wehave this littleguy who depends on usnow, so wecan't alwaysbe there for you like we were in the past."Once they get used to the parent thing they will have more time for Ted.