How I Met Your Mother

Hopeless

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Apr 18, 2011 on CBS

7.6
  • Not so shabby, a bit hard to watch at the beginning, but it picks up at the end, certainly.

Spoilers Ahead

I liked how hard Jerry tried... Though, with Robin and Ted pretending to date again.. that was kind of weird and hit a soft spot for me that I've always had for them, especially when Ted and Robin "Break up" after Jerry leaves and Ted summarizes a break-up by saying, "I would've stolen you a whole orchestra" before knocking back his drink.

I know it was supposed to be funny, but it reminded me of that old wound. It also made me a little sad to see where Ted has come from when we first met him; I miss the starry-eyed architect who believed in love, rather than the douche-y guy they've made him become.

Still, this is ultimately a story about how he met his future wife, so I suppose they'll have to get back to it. Concerning Barney, I like the way his character is developing; I hope he gets back together with that girl he stood up... I hope that's who he was talking about when he said, "Maybe I've already met her" at the end, rather than Robin, who he seemed to be interested in still earlier in the episode.

I loved how he and his father got along at the end; I'm glad they bonded through magic; that's the dorky sort of thing they needed between them. Looking forward to the next episode.