How I Met Your Mother

I Heart NJ

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Oct 06, 2008 on CBS

• New Jersey Vs New York

The Series has been progressing with more interesting plot, and this episode no doubt is a nice one. I like Marshall's expression of describing how much he hated New York, that New York is so squeezy by which he appeared as a monster whenever he went. Also, he said that NY was busy, and he actually enjoys sleeping, which makes him like New Jersey instead. I have not been to any of these places either, however How I Met Your Mother somehow described them nicely, and I hope to get to visit either of them one day. Before ending, I would like to give this episode a 9.
  • Ted hates New Jersey

Last season Ted meets Stella and begins dating her near the end of the season. We find out in this episode that Stella is living in New Jersey and traveling between her house and hanging with his friends is taxing on him, his friends and Stella. So one night Stella invites the whole gang for hanging out at her place. A potential stumbling block in Ted and Stella's realtionship when she expects him to move to New Jersey once they get married. You realize that Ted actually hates New Jersey. It was hilarious that Lilly would have no problem with Ted killing her and burying her anywhere in New Jersey. While at Stella's place they all hangout in Stella's bar (which is a push) Ted and Stella get in argument about who's moving where. I can agree with Stella in having a kid and not wanting to move. I find it funny that Marshall quickly enjoys New Jersey. I really admire Barney for not putting down his band or first when making a joke and how he tries desperate he wants it to go down. Neil Patrick Harris acting was amazing in this episode. Also in this episode Robin is getting at the end of her patience with her job quits it to only want it back. I loved it how Robin claims she did that trick on her bike. It was call back to season 1 with the party and Lilly and Marshall threw. It was a really sweet and sad ending with Ted reading Lucy a book and the look in Barney's face when he found out Robin was going to have to back to Canada.
  • The gang hangs out in Stella's basement.

"I Hear NJ" is a great How I Met Your Mother episode. In this episode, the gang hangs out in Stella's basement. There's actually nothing special about that part in this episode. I didn't care if anyone thought New York or New Jersey was better. But I did love the part when Marshall reveals he hates New York and he wants to move to New Jersey. What I love about this episode was Robin and Barney. I love how Robin steals a little girls bike so she can get to the studio in time, so she can get her job back. I also love how everyone rejected Barney's high-five. I more like this episode for the commentary. The commentary is hilarious. It has these two guys named David Ellis Duncan and Evan Rock and they say they made a guest appearance in this episode, yet we don't actually see these guys in the episode. I give this episode a 8.5/10

• I thought this episode was names 'I heart NJ'

Okay Mr. Stinson, now it's time to stop pretending: You love Robin and you have to do something about it or she'll move to Japan!! She can't move!! And Ted can't move to New Jersey either!!
    I'm not vert scary, I know everything we'll be back to normal, because at Ted's 31th birthday he's in the same apartment and Robin is living with him! (The Goat soty, remember??)

The best was Barney trying to catch a lesbian! That was awesome!! Up top! (damn! lol)

The first episode of this season was funnier than these last two. They have to get back to the Barney/Robin storyline soon, not only at the end of the season...I still think HIMYM is the best show ever!! Marshall's "speech" about how his life is in NY was very funny!! It's not easy to be a guy like him in a city like New York!

Excited for the next episode!!
  • Robin gets promoted.

This episode definitely showed relationship development with Ted & Stella. In this episode, Stella invites the whole group over, much to the group's dislike since they all hate New Jersey, where Stella lives. Ted assumes that when he & Stella get married, she will move in with him, only to find out that Stella assumes that he will move to New Jersey with her, and we all know from 302, that Ted hates New Jersey. So it becomes an argument. I love everyone's opinions on New Jersey, I thought that was hilarious. I think it's pretty stupid that people are rating this episode based on the remarks they made about New Jersey, if you're offended: That's a personal problem, don't blame the episode quality on the remarks that are made. That's just my two cents. Meanwhile Robin gets promoted, or so she thinks as she quits Metro News One, to work somewhere else, it turns out she only got an audition. So she has to rush back to Metro News One to get her old job back, in half an hour from NJ to NYC. I loved the end of this episode; Robin ends up quitting her job again, after getting it back. She ends up actually getting promoted, and she has to move to Japan. Barney's face was heartbreaking. I guess he's still in love with her. All is forgiven between Stella & Ted. Ted decides to move to New Jersey after reading Stella's daughter to sleep. It was a nice moment between them. We find out Marshall secretly hates New York. The funniest bid in here was when Barney was raising his fist for a fist bump all night and no one gave it to him. An enjoyable episode, with development regarding Robin's career and Ted & Stella's relationship.
  • I Heart NJ

I Heart New Jersey. Or as the How I Met Your Mother gang would say I Hate New Jersey. Ted tells the gang that they are all going to visit Stella in New Jersey, and of course they are all thrilled of this news! lol. When they get there they are all bored out of their mind. Barney is making dumb jokes that no one thinks is funny and he wants someone to pound it! but no one will. So he vows to keep his hand up as long as it takes until someone pounds it. lol.

I really liked this episode. It was funny, and I liked the storyline of this episode. I was cool seeing them all hang out at Stella's. lol
  • Stella invites the gang over to New Jersey to spend the evening together.

For a while I thought this might be the worst ever episode of HIMYM, till a very bold twist in the tale toward the end. For most part this installment was painful to watch, so this one doesn't deserve anything more than a 5.

I kind of liked the ending. Couple of events actually throw you off. One part was funny with Barney finally getting his fist punch only to crack another wise-ass joke to hold it up again. The nervous TV guy getting tossed off the desk was hilarious. A second sequence was totally off track with Ted finally agreeing to move to NJ, and Robin dropping the news that she was moving to Japan as a foreign correspondent. Sarah Chalke has played a very pivotal role over the past few episode. Its hard to imagine her as a serious chick after seeing her for 7 seasons as the energetic Elliot Reid in Scrubs. Its clear that the writers are trying to change the dynamics of the show. This changeover is taking its toll on the funny-meter. It's a wait and watch scenario.
  • Good thing I have a sense of humor because I have lived in NJ my entire life.

Tired of spending most of his time on the train commuting to Stella’s in New Jersey, Ted convinces the group to hang out at her place one night, even though they hate New Jersey. While at Stella’s, Ted tries to sell the gang on how great it is but when he learns Stella expects him to move to New Jersey after they’re married, Ted has a change of heart about the Garden State. Also, Robin gets a job at a CNN-style news station and quits her old job. However, after quitting she finds out she didn’t actually get the job, only an audition. In the end, Barney and Lily help Robin regain her confidence and she winds up with a big career opportunity to be a foreign correspondent in Japan. This was just a great episode that continued this magical season. A must see.
  • Season 4, Episode 3.

Wow, cool episode. I really enjoyed it. I loved Stella's reaction to move it to New York. Manhattan, to be exact. "Maybe she can play on the fire escape! Then maybe she can ride her bike up Broadway!" Ted asks why Stella shouldn't move to New York, and she says that her daughter goes to school there, all of her friends are there, she is on the PTA, she lived there forever, and she is deputy mayor. Ted says, "Yes, but I live close to the subway." They compare what each state has, and Ted says, "Sinatra!" Stella says, "Hoboken! In New Jersey!" I live in Hoboken! Ted replies, "Yeah, but he wasn't singin' 'Secaucus Secaucus!'" LMAO!
  • The gang visits Stella's house in New Jersey.

How I Met Your Mother fails to deliver again. Once a show that gave you some laughs, entered words into pop culture and had quotable lines has become nothing more than 30 minutes of rubbish. Not only was there not a single funny line, but this story was incredibly moronic. As someone who lives in New Jersey and goes to college in New York I can safely say that there is little to no difference between the two. Both smell, both are dirty, and if anything New Yorkers have much more annoying accents. Yeah, I get it that there's a negative stereotype regarding New Jersey, but instead of making one joke about it like most sitcoms would do they base a whole episode around it?

Neil Patrick Harris looked embarrassed to be on the set. His Barney character revolutionized television and now he's been dumbed down to appeal to the thick fanbase and the lowest common denominator to try and improve the ratings. The rest of the cast was even worse as every line of dialogue felt completely scripted instead of natural the way it should be. As a journalist I should try to be open-minded, and I have, but this episode was just awful.
MNT