How I Met Your Mother

Intervention

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Oct 13, 2008 on CBS

• As the group packs the apartment to all move to new places, they look back at times spent there and numerous interventions held to point out some issue all of them has needed pointed out. Wacky times follow when Ted finds out one was planned for him.

I've gotta say that while I wouldn't count this in my all time top ten (a topic I could debate for hours beyond the episode ratings here) I would say it's easily the best of the first four episodes of the year (and leaps and bounds better than the crap sandwich which was last week's "I love New Jersey"). It was a group effort with everyone having multiple moments. Robin finally had a real presence – and her going hard core Canuck was to me the highlight of the season to this point. Lilly was great with the accent. Marshall was, as usual, an integral part of everything. And Barney had a nice episode with a few solids. My biggest complaint would be that Ted continues to become less and less likable. Maybe it's just me but every time Ted has a woman I find myself disliking him. He's best on the prowl or heartbroken.
TVLAND