How I Met Your Mother

Intervention

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Oct 13, 2008 on CBS

• Moving day.

Everyone starts packing up to embark a new chapter in their lives. Robin is moving to Japan for her job, Marshall & Lilly are moving in to their own apartment, and Ted is moving to New Jersey with Stella. This was a closing chapter in everybody's lives. But it's time for new beginnings for the gang. I loved the Intervention gag, everyone had their own reason for their intervention, that was hilarious. The Intervention gag develops when Ted finds old Intervention letters addressed to him regarding Stella. Basically, it said not to marry Stella and that Ted was moving too fast. Ted starts to doubt his actions and gets scared, and decides to stay in the apartment, which becomes a chain reaction for everybody else, when they all end up not wanting to move. Sooner or later, when they see Barney in his "old person" suit, they all decide they need to move out, they can't be scared, and they have to do this. Meanwhile Barney proves he will be exactly the same by the time he's 80 years old. By the end, they all decide to embark on the new chapter in their lives. Future Ted lets us know that a year from now, everybody will be living in the same apartment. Kind of a spoiler, but I guess we know things are going to go south with Stella. Robin's not leaving, and Marshall & Lilly will move back in a year from now. I sort of wish I didn't know that was going to happen, but I still enjoyed the episode. Great episode that made me nostalgic on the old HIMYM days.
MNT